Gran Turismo® 5 Time Trial Challenge
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited. To enter you must have a PlayStation®3 system, a valid PlayStation®Network account and broadband internet access.
1. Download the Gran Turismo® 5 Time Trial Challenge from the PlayStation®Store between December 17, 2009 and January 25, 2010.
2. Complete the two (2) races in the Demo.
* Time Trial with non-tuned car
* Time Trial with tuned car.
3. You may race as often as you like. Only your fastest lap times will be recorded and used to determine the winner.
To be valid, lap times must be completed by January 25, 2010 5:00pm PST. Sponsor and their agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this promotion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend the electronic portion of this promotion should virus, bugs or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion and to award random drawing prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to action taken by Sponsor. Automated entries are prohibited and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his/her Contest entries) who tampers with the entry process. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE NETOWRK OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" person in whose name the PlayStation Network account is registered, provided that person meets all eligibility criteria set forth in the Eligibility section of these Official Rules. "Authorized Account Holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to a PlayStation Network account. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrant. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules will be automatically disqualified.
2. PRIZES: Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for two (2) to Indianapolis, IN for the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race, May 28, 2010 – May 30, 2010. Trip prize package will include,
1. Round trip coach class airfare for two to Indianapolis, IN (from major airport nearest to winner’s home);
2. Two (2) nights double occupancy hotel accommodations;
3. VIP package to the 2010 Indianapolis 500 Mile Race which includes;
(a) Two (2) VIP Suite tickets and two (2) all access passes to Victory Lane and the garage for pre- and post-race celebrations on race day May 30, 2010. (Both attendees must be 18 years of age or older for access to garage/pit area);
(b) Two (2) VIP Suite tickets and all access passes for Carb Day®, which includes the final Indy 500 practice, pit stop competition and concert on Friday, May 28, 2010 along with special event car rides in a 2010 Indianapolis 500 Mile Race event vehicle. *Subject to execution of all applicable consent and liability releases. Clothing attire needs to consist of long pants/jeans and closed toe shoes for access to pit area. (Approximate retail value, $4700).
All travel details will be at Sponsor’s discretion. In the event that weather or other forces of nature delay the Indianapolis 500® Mile Race, Grand Prize winner may be offered alternate travel dates. Prize will be forfeited if winner is unable to travel during designated time period. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsors' sole discretion.
Five (5) Runner-Up prize winners will each receive one (1) PlayStation Network Voucher Code to download a copy of Gran Turismo® PSP for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system. (approximate retail value, $40). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value if prize is unavailable. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions allowed. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of prizes and/or travel documentation.
3. WINNERS: Winners will be determined by standings on the leaderboards which are viewable from within the game and http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/
. The entrant with the fastest combined lap times for both Time Trial tuned and Time Trial non-tuned races will be selected as the Grand Prize winner. Should there be a tie, the entrant with the fastest Time Trial non-tuned lap time will be selected as the Grand Prize winner. The next five (5) fastest combined lap times will be selected as the Runner-Up winners. In the event of a tie, the entrant with the fastest Time Trial non-tuned race will be selected as the winner. Winners will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone. Please allow 6-8 weeks for receipt of prizes and/or travel documentation.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on number of valid entries received.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents only aged 18 or older. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. All unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within seven (7) days of prize notification. Failure to return Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within 7 days of receipt will result in forfeiture of entire prize pack and an alternate winner will be selected among remaining eligible entrants. The travel companion of the grand prize winner must sign a travel release and publicity release prior to making any travel arrangements. Failure to return this Travel Companion Release with the Grand Prize Winner’s Affidavit within seven (7) days of receipt will result of forfeiture of entire prize package. Travel companion must be 18 years of age or older as of the date of departure. Travel companion must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. No tickets or other travel documentation will be issued in the name of any person who has not signed a release. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Prize is not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash. No substitution for the prize by the winner will be allowed. If necessary, due to unavailability of the prize for any reason, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. All Federal, state and local tax liabilities are the responsibility of the winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) for the Sponsors to use the winner’s name, likeness, biography, statements, and any other similar materials for marketing, promotional and publicity purposes without additional compensation or any limitation. Additionally, by acceptance of prize, prize winners and travel companion agree to release Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating, and /or traveling to any prize-related activity. Employees of the Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this sweepstakes. Neither the Sponsors nor its affiliates, subsidiaries, division or related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes, or expenses that winners might incur as result of this sweepstakes or receipt of prize.
6. WINNER LIST: To obtain names of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Gran Turismo 5 Time Trial Challenge: Attn: Promotions, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd. 2nd Floor Foster City, CA 94404. Grand prize winner’s name request will be fulfilled within four weeks after Grand Prize has been awarded. Requests for winner list must be received by May 31, 2010.
7. RESTRICTIONS: Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Indianapolis Motor Speedway, LLC is not a sponsor of this promotion. Trademarks of Brickyard Trademarks, Inc. are used with permission.
8. SPONSOR: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd, Foster City, CA 94404.
Sony Computer Entertainment See the World of SonyESRB
* Where to Buy
* Register your Product
* Contact Us
* About SCEA
* Press Releases
* Consumer Alerts
* Site Map
* Country Selector
© 2009 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Service