a hollow voice says plugh

Sportbike: sold
Years Riding: legally- 7
How you found us: don't remember

Send a message via AIM to Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Zero
Gran Turismo 5 delayed 'indefinitely'

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/p...itely-/1385619

Quote:
Gran Turismo 5 is one of the most hotly anticipated games of 2010...and now the most recently delayed. According to The Times Online, Sony has announced that the game's March release date for Japan has been pushed back indefinitely, citing "circumstances."

While this announcement doesn't technically translate to a delay for the North American and European versions of the game, those versions have never had concrete release dates to push back. Rather, it was assumed that if the game arrived in Japan in March, then the European and North American versions would arrive in the summer. But this delay throws all of that by the roadside; since there is no telling when the game might arrive in Japan, its European and North American launches are entirely up in the air.

That could prove costly to Sony. Gran Turismo 5 has already taken five years and $60 million to develop. Sony had been seriously promoting the title over the last five months, first announcing the Japanese March 2010 release date in September, then releasing an online demo in December, and even exhibiting the game in 3D last week at the 2010 Computer Electronics Show.

Gran Turismo 5 is only the latest of several key game delays. After a delay-filled fall, Take-Two postponed anticipated sequel Max Payne 3 until the third quarter of 2010, and Ubisoft recently pushed back their anticipated spy thriller, Splinter Cell: Conviction, from February 23 to April 1.
All of these Forza threads really had me hoping GT5 would step up. I really don't want to buy an XBox just to play a real car game. Though I don't have a PS3 either since I've been waiting on GT5.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

No GT5, no PS3.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Another Polak

Sportbike: '05 CBR 600RR
Years Riding: Since '04
How you found us: Friend

I did got the demo and honestly speaking I wasn't impressed.
I liked better Forza 3 and NFS Shift.

" Never drive faster, than your guardian angel can fly."

My Garage

PSN: chamala2000

Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
GT used to be a good game, now it's just vaporware and BS promises. GT fans that have bashed forza for years should commence with the apologies about now.

Chris
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Re: Gran Turismo 5 delayed 'indefinitely'

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcook
gt used to be a good game, now it's just vaporware and bs promises. Gt fans that have bashed forza for years should commence with the apologies about now.
+10000000

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 12:05 PM
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
GT used to be a good game, now it's just vaporware and BS promises. GT fans that have bashed forza for years should commence with the apologies about now.
GT used to be the driving game, but Forza 2 whoop'd its ass, then F3 just made them playing catch up.

the ONLY thing i have even heard GT5 has going for it, is that they are supposed to get the Top Gear Test Track, thats all i could care about.

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
What else is new.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google

Mario Kart wii delivers.
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 12:27 PM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

Quote:
I used to be a big Sony and GT fan but since have lost complete interest in both. The funny thing is the stuff I have seen of GT5 doens't look that much better than Forza 3. For the wait you'd think that it should at least be insanely awesome.

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 09:48 AM

Sportbike: BMW R1100s
Years Riding: 13
How you found us: Rider

I don't even have room for it on my shelf. My racing fix for now is satiated by Need for Speed: Shift, Dirt 2, and Paradise City. Not true sims but fun and that's what's most important for me. I stopped caring about GT at v4. It takes itself too seriously.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Two point Slow

Sportbike: 2001 Honda CBR600F4i
Years Riding: 17
How you found us: sportbikes.net

Im not worried...I'm still playing GT3...lol

2001 Honda CBR600F4i Red/Black
Miquel Duhamel Replica

Alias: hondajunkie
post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson

I bought GT5 Prologue last week thinking it was the full game. Reading comprehension fail.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 01:31 PM
TP5

i will never understand these console or game wars? Nor do I understand when people say "this game better be amazing....." it's a racing game what are you expecting..... to leap tall buildings in a single bound?

Forza is a decent game but I don't see anything about it being a GT killer. The bottom line if you own an Xbox you'd get Forza and if you own a PS you'd go with GT. if you are looking for those types of experiences.

I personally don't really care for the game design of either series because they focus too much on car collecting and not actual racing. I prefer games that are based on a licensed series (F1, Super GT, Touring Car, etc....) where you run championships and such and spend time driving instead of collecting.

I hate that in both Forza, GT and other recent racers that you are forced to spend hours and hours with crap cars before you get a decent car. After a couple hours with Forza I got bored with it and put it up and I have no doubt it will be the same with GT if I can get a real race car in short order.

Since I'm bitching about race games, I honestly thought NFS Shift was a waste. Too many gimmicks. I hate the shaking and changing colors of the screen. the speed blurring is stupid. I hate the way it jumps around in the menu dept and doesn't focus on one area of gameplay. If done correctly you don't need gimmicks to give the impression of speed or to build tension in a racing game. A perfec example is F1 Championship Edition for the PS3. IMHO it is the best racing game not only on the PS3 but released in the past few years.

Anyway i've waited this long for GT5 so another few months isn't a big deal. Hopefully they'll add bikes with the elay
post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP5 View Post
Anyway i've waited this long for GT5 so another few months isn't a big deal. Hopefully they'll add bikes with the elay
haha, "indefinitely" usually means longer than a few months.

Chris
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
i will never understand these console or game wars? Nor do I understand when people say "this game better be amazing....." it's a racing game what are you expecting..... to leap tall buildings in a single bound?

Forza is a decent game but I don't see anything about it being a GT killer. The bottom line if you own an Xbox you'd get Forza and if you own a PS you'd go with GT. if you are looking for those types of experiences.

I personally don't really care for the game design of either series because they focus too much on car collecting and not actual racing. I prefer games that are based on a licensed series (F1, Super GT, Touring Car, etc....) where you run championships and such and spend time driving instead of collecting.

I hate that in both Forza, GT and other recent racers that you are forced to spend hours and hours with crap cars before you get a decent car. After a couple hours with Forza I got bored with it and put it up and I have no doubt it will be the same with GT if I can get a real race car in short order.

Since I'm bitching about race games, I honestly thought NFS Shift was a waste. Too many gimmicks. I hate the shaking and changing colors of the screen. the speed blurring is stupid. I hate the way it jumps around in the menu dept and doesn't focus on one area of gameplay. If done correctly you don't need gimmicks to give the impression of speed or to build tension in a racing game. A perfec example is F1 Championship Edition for the PS3. IMHO it is the best racing game not only on the PS3 but released in the past few years.

Agreed. I hate playing my way up through the Fiat circuits. But I disagree with NFS: Shift. I thought it was a great game that is easy to get into with little overhead.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!
post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:08 PM
TP5

As I said I hated the gimmicks of NFS Shift, but also the event layout. It's not just Shift, but again most racers these days and that's because they focus on single races instead of a "season long" championship. Anyone can have a bad or good race, but it's another thing to go through a whole season. At least for me it's more interesting. I didn't like Dirt 2 at first either because of that new 3D menu system and all the "I'm too cool frills, etc....". I really didn't like the X-games style of events. It wasn't until after having the game sitting around for a couple of months and I was about to sell it that I played some of the later events and found the old school Rally type events.

I guess I just have to short of an attention span for games these days. I just want to get the game, get the car I want and then put the laps in without all the BS and fluff. Its this reason why I can't play the MAdden's and NBA Lives anymore because you just can't pick a team and play a season without all the extra BS.
post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:12 PM
TP5

Quote:
haha, "indefinitely" usually means longer than a few months.
don't know why you are gloating what did the poor game ever do to you!?!?!? lol I doubt it is indefinitely and wouldn't be surprised if this has more to do with Sony's PSN infrastructure then the GT game itself. Polyphony recently commented on the infancy of PSN and how they'd have to build a lot of the ideas that they wanted for online play themselves. Obviously Microsoft has the jump in this dept so that is understandable. As is if they don't get it right straight out of the box how much crap they are going to take from guys like yourself, who will make comments and judgements on a game that they won't own or play
post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:12 PM

Oh me too for sure. But that's why I like NFS:Shift. You load the game and jump into a race. I agree you can have a great day and a lousy season but I haven't got time for a whole season.

I loved Dirt 1 and I like the idea of a do-over option in Dirt 2.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!
post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
don't know why you are gloating what did the poor game ever do to you!?!?!? lol I doubt it is indefinitely and wouldn't be surprised if this has more to do with Sony's PSN infrastructure then the GT game itself. Polyphony recently commented on the infancy of PSN and how they'd have to build a lot of the ideas that they wanted for online play themselves. Obviously Microsoft has the jump in this dept so that is understandable. As is if they don't get it right straight out of the box how much crap they are going to take from guys like yourself, who will make comments and judgements on a game that they won't own or play
Premium PSN account worthy?

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!
post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

ha, I dont give a shit either way. I'm just tired of GT fanboys raving about how their vaporware is better than a product that is actually at market! It's getting ridiculous you have to admit, GT5 is doomed to become the next Duke Nukem.

Chris
post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
ha, I dont give a shit either way. I'm just tired of GT fanboys raving about how their vaporware is better than a product that is actually at market! It's getting ridiculous you have to admit, GT5 is doomed to become the next Duke Nukem.
I'll agree with you there for sure and I don't even have a 360. It's all just speculation at this point.

In any event, I hope there are enough differences in the GT/Forza games to make each one good in their own right.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!
post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:23 PM
TP5

oh no doubt. GT has never hit a release date. EVER. So when they said March I was always....I've believe it when I see it. I'd love a Tourist Trophy 2 but by the time it would ever be released, we'll be riding Jet cycles

anyway it's no different then the Forza fanboys blowing their horns either.
post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

I hope it's 3x better, because that will drive competition and mean the next one after that will be better again. Better is good, competition is good. Console arguments are a waste of time

Chris
post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:24 PM

No doubt.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!
post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:31 PM
Raging lunar zoomonkey

Sportbike: 06' CBR 1000RR
Years Riding: we're supposed to ride?
How you found us: yahoo

Send a message via AIM to stumbl1 Send a message via MSN to stumbl1 Send a message via Yahoo to stumbl1
so would this be a good time to say 360 for life?
post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:34 PM

Sportbike: 08 gsx six fiddy F
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: forum link

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumbl1 View Post
Wait till after uncharted 2 phase runs out and wait till after god of war 3 in march. Im buying a ps3 just for those 2 games. Theres a bunch more I would play but those are the main 2. 360 is boring to me. Halo is lame, gears of war is not bad but cant keep a system alive. And besides forza 3, theres nothing that interests me really.

2008 Suzuki gsx 650f.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
Thomas Jefferson
post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumbl1 View Post
over a car game? ha, no. However to be fair it's the only game I really play, but I'm not really much of a gamer either.

Chris
post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
a hollow voice says plugh

Sportbike: sold
Years Riding: legally- 7
How you found us: don't remember

Send a message via AIM to Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Zero
PS lost me when it came out at $400. wtf. It's a bit cheaper now and I can gift card about 1/2 of it. I hate even considering an XBox but Forza looks so kickarse.

The first Tourist Trophy was such a letdown. blah. It came out forever ago yet still after GT4. GT4 was like two Forzas ago, wth are they waiting for?
post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:40 PM

The PS3 is coming of age now. It depends on the games you want to play and how much time you have to play them. I'm a gamer so I've been tempted to buy a 360 but I just don't have enough time to play all the games I already bought for my PS3.

I've even had someone offer to give me their 360 to use for as long as I like but I turned them down. The way I see it is that I would just spend more money on games I never play and meanwhile my neighbor doesn't have any system. Who knows he may get back into it and the more people who play these things the more in common I have with my neighbors.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!
post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Raging lunar zoomonkey

Sportbike: 06' CBR 1000RR
Years Riding: we're supposed to ride?
How you found us: yahoo

Send a message via AIM to stumbl1 Send a message via MSN to stumbl1 Send a message via Yahoo to stumbl1
Quote:
over a car game? ha, no. However to be fair it's the only game I really play, but I'm not really much of a gamer either.
I was just kidding to start shit I have both systems I'm probably one the most hard core gamers on this site.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode