Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Got pulled over today...

941 views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  kcaarider 
#1 ·
Not all cops are asshats!!!!

I've been riding on the street for 4 years now and have not been pulled over until today.

My bikes is basically track ready. I have no plates on it and no signals. I had my earphones in and was going 100+ down an empty highway and didn't realize there was a cop behind me until I saw his flashing lights reflect off of a passing speed limit sign.

He could have written me a ticket for speeding, failing to stop, not using hand signals when changing lanes, and any other wreckless driving ticket he wanted to give me. Shit, he could have arrested me since I didn't have my registration or insurance on me and am riding a bike without plates.

Instead, he wrote me a warning for failing to signal and a ticket for not having tags. He told me to sit in his car while he checked my vin # and when he got back was laughing at me. "I'm going to just give you a warning and a ticket that's easy to waive because personally I was expecting you to run when you finally noticed you were actually being followed by me."

Apparently, riding with full race gear on a bike without any identification leads officers to believe you're going to take off. :lmao:

I'd never been pulled over before so when he told me what he was writing me up for I asked why he was being so lenient.

"Well, when we are treated with respect we tend to return the favor"
I guess most of the horror stories I've heard about mean officers could mainly be attributed to cocky or arrogant riders????

Anyways, a good story and a good day of riding. :biker2:

See less See more
#11 ·
i had a cop tell me the same thing....

"i'm surprised you didn't try to run"

i explained to him how my step-dad was a state trooper for 25 years and i have respect for them and i would never run, its just childish. He however didn't return the favor of respect, gave me the ticket and made me stand on the side of the highway as its started to rain in the freezing cold.

can't win 'em all... :rolleyes

#15 ·
Oh yea, the respect thing is HUGE. Sure someone may still get a ticket but if someone is a jag they may be getting a lot more than one ticket.

Each traffic stop should be treated as a single incident by both the driver and the cop. The cop shouldnt be a dick right off the bat because the last driver he pulled over was a dick to him and the driver shouldnt be a dick right off the bat bc the last cop who pulled him over was to him. :2cents:

I'll stop rambling now.:neener:

#19 ·
Glad to hear it turned out ok, but damn you got lucky.

Out of curiousity, what posessed you to ride your bike at 100mph+ with no plates, no signals, without your registration and without your title with you?

#22 ·
I've done a lot worse than what you described.

The cop was ready to "take me to jail" but I was honest and straightforward, and so was he. He said that because I didn't run, act like a punkass with a smart attitude and told him the truth, he was going to give me the lowest ticket you can get on the highway, "failure to obey highway signs"

When insurance asks "Any tickets?"
I say "Yes, Failure to Obey Highway Signs I was doing 56 in a 55."

#23 ·
"Well, when we are treated with respect we tend to return the favor"
I've never seen this to be true, I've been pulled over many many times for various reasons and have never had one cop that was nice to me. Maybe it's because I look like I'm 15 so they expect me to be some snotty teenager. But never has "respect" done anything but lighten my pockets.

#26 ·
you sure thats all you did in the backseat of his car? :laughing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.