Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Join a company softball team or bowling team?

• Yes. I like the people I work with.

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • Yes. Don't necesarilly like them, but I'm trying to move up.

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • No. I like them but I spend more time with them then my family.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • No. I can't stand these people. I'm looking for a new job.

Votes: 9 14.1%

Office Politics

1K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Luvin' Twins 
#1 ·
Anybody play into it? If somebody asked you to join a company softball team, bowling team, or any after business hour event would you do it? Just curious what your responses would be.

#4 · (Edited)
Softball and bowling are just examples. But yes, anything related to being with coworkers in a non-work related setting.

#5 ·
i wouldn't consider that stuff office politics. I personally always say yes to stuff like that. Good for the career and it makes you better friends with your co-workers. I don't see a reason why you would say no, except for scheduling reasons or prior engagements????

#8 ·
I get drunk every weekend with my fellow workers. Well, a certain number of them, some are too old for our activities.

It is worth it unless they'll stab you in the back. If there ever happens to be a problem, the ones you hang and play with will stick up for you if it comes down to it.

It may be different for you but I know the guys I work with will probably take a bullet for me, and if not, I will shoot them myself.:)

#11 ·
+1 on that... My old co-workers always used to hang out at my last job. They would always ask me and I would tell them I spend the better part of my day with them. I am going home and spending whats left of my day with my family.

#14 ·
Definitely a good idea to join the company events. Gives you a chance to rub elbows with people higher on the chart or from a different department. Gives you a better understanding of the big picture.

#17 ·
I suppose that depends on your job and your co-workers...

For me, the job is a lifestyle. We're all close-knit community. Now, if there is a chance I can whoop the shit out of one of my superiors (specially those who I don't like) I'm all over that :laughing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.