POST Autobahn April 29-30-31 - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Sportbiketracktime.com This forum is the Midwestern home for STT and their riders. Sportbiketracktime.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: nada
Years Riding: 18
How you found us: No idea

Send a message via AIM to Nexus
POST Autobahn May 29-30-31

I guess I will start the "POST" thread

The weather was awesome yesterday. I think I drank a water bottle or two almost every session.

First off lunch was great. It was nice to meet and put faces to more of the people on the board. Big thanks goes out to Dave and Mandy for setting it all up..mmmmmmm mmmm pizza brats!

I ride in Novice and the riding coaches did a great job. In the 2nd or 3rd session after lunch l got a little carried away and forgot the Novice passing rules..oops. Sorry for anyone I passed on the inside or too close. I wasn't trying to be a dick. Things just starting clicking with my riding and I forgot about the passing rules. There was a lady on an SV that got spooked and I apologized later to her in the pits.

Before the session was over a riding coach, I think Stickboy, pulled my out of the session. I proceeded to get yelled at for being to aggressive and not following Novice passing rules. Luckily he was pretty diplomatic about it and I apologized. It was an awkward 5 or 10 minutes because after being reprimanded they also said I should be riding Intermediate. They said my speed was good, lines consistent and I really didn't belong in Novice anymore. After the session ended I found more the riding coaches and the lady on the SV and apologized again.

They asked Nick if I could move up for the last few sessions, but he said it was too full. The next session I just took it easy and worked on body position and following some people I knew.

Novice was fun with a lot of CLSB guys... Enuts, Pocket Rocket, Under200, Triple Z, and others. EeJeremy I saw you bike, pit spot, and wife/gf, but you were never in the pits when I was around. I think you ride "I" and were always on the track when we were back in. Iron Truck sorry I didn't see your PM until today. Pocket that was funny when we were all in line and some guy in the group in front slammed on the brakes going into T1! I grabbed a ton of brake and then saw you roll up on my left LOL!

The very last session of the day there was hardly anyone going out in the all the groups. For Novice I think maybe 10 people lined up. After the coaches let us go after two laps I picked my pace up again and it was a blast! There was almost no one out there

In the end, my best laptime recorded by my XT timer was a 1.18.48. When I had more traffic I was running about 1.20.

Not sure how you guys ride all weekend because I'm tired as fak. Thanks again to Dave/Mandy and the riding coaches on here.

G2G and Sunshine showed up squidding on a Harley. :P Did you test that new camera G2G?

Last edited by Nexus; 05-30-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 08:15 AM
TERRAdactyl

Sportbike: 07 600RR
Years Riding: on the street since 01
How you found us: accidentally stepped in it

Send a message via Yahoo to catwlights
SATURDAY - EXCELLENT BBQ hosted by Mandy and Dave and super thanks to the guy who brought the fruit and pasta salad. Perfect hot weather grub.

It was fun to relax and chat with a few folks at lunchtime, and throughout the rest of the day. I received excellent instruction by Wally, Troy, and Mouse. Thanks to Bubbles for confirming my placement and making sure I was doing ok. I have A LOT to work on still. Gotta get the bike up more, more throttle, later braking... and I am a lazy shifter... I know I know... I'll get my butt moving. Thanks to Troy for helping me with some psychological technicals that I never even thought about, and thank you to Wally for giving me more instruction on things I need to improve on and how to improve in them in specific turns.

Shelly and I were welcomed in the Advanced Group Saturday and enjoyed ourselves playing leap frog a few times and pulling each other. Shelly had gotten faster then me, at one point after getting a few riders between us, I wasn't able to catch her for two laps!! Man that woman was haulin! Then by the end of the day I played off her skills that she exceeded in me and crawled up a little faster and I pulled her for a little bit. I recorded our time in three sessions that we were together. We were consistent 1:21-1:22. Pretty slow yet, but we received a lot of great feedback from the fellow "A" riders and coaches telling us we were doing great in "A" with consistency so we kept truckin. Our fastest lap was in the first session that I recorded us riding together when it was more relaxed in the beginning of the day was 1:18. Im curious to know what our speeds were the last two sessions of the day. Unfortunately we found ourselves letting up on the throttle in the second half of the day as a noob courtesy and letting the faster guys pass with ease. We kinda got a little tisk tisked for that by the coaches as we should be holding our speed, but its a track day... not a race, and if someone is faster and exceeds my skill, and they are showing me a nose before turn 2, I'm letting them take that turn. Especially after how awesome all those guys were to us all morning. Everyone in A was super professional! Amazing day. Best group I have ever ridden with. HANDS DOWN

... except for that jackass who ejected their passenger seat into the line on T6. Man, what a dumbass.

Sorry Kim. and Troy

PS - I hate you Dave.

Shelly was demoing the "track this Nick" program and I gotta tell you guys watching them load the data was AWESOME! I highly recommend this to EVERYONE who wants to improve on thier skills to become a better rider. Its very cool!

I'll be back on Monday for FULL COURSE!!! I'm in an Intermediate spot for Monday. I look forward to seeing a lot of you guys out there!

Terra
STT Staff
Midwest Instructor
www.sportbiketracktime.com

Pushing the Limits of Life's Opportunities

Last edited by catwlights; 05-30-2010 at 08:22 AM.
post #3 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 08:17 AM
TERRAdactyl

PS - can a Mod change the title of this thread to read "MAY" not April.

Terra
STT Staff
Midwest Instructor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Addicted

Sportbike: 09 Kawi ZX6R, 75' Yamaha RD250, '13 KTM 350 SX-F, '05 Yamaha Zuma
Years Riding: Not nearly long enough
How you found us: followed the squids

Send a message via AIM to eE jeremy
had a blast! I saw your bike nexus, but i never saw you haha...

I recorded my first session after lunch, i group if anyone wants to look for themselves, the camera mount was kind of crappy so i apologize in advance for the bumpiness.

Part1

Part2

This was my first STT day and overall I think it went really well, I only had one close call and oddly enough it was with a coach passing me really close through the kink, I'm pretty sure it was an accident and I got a wave afterwards so I think he was apologizing. No harm done

I worked with stewart for the second session which helped a lot, he was a really good coach, showed me the lines (first time at the autobahn), then followed me for a while to make sure I had it down before splitting off. Afterwards we chatted for a couple minutes, nice guy, and good coach :-)

Shitty Pass Racing #513

Last edited by eE jeremy; 05-30-2010 at 08:38 AM.
post #5 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 08:43 AM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google

eEJeremy, your moped sounded mean. I like it!

Terra, it's not the first time you flipped me off.
post #6 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Just frigg'n ride!

Sportbike: GSXR 1000 K7 (Street); GSXR 600 06 (Track)
Years Riding: 0.001yrs
How you found us: GooG

No worries Nexus. Good to meet you and the rest of the crew.

<-- Shawn
post #7 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 09:53 AM

Sportbike: drz400sm
Years Riding: yes
How you found us: search engine

18"are good nex! good werk. stt was right about you movin on from "N".
also, good werk to the girls rollin in "A", i knew it would'nt be long.

now, lets hope we get lucky and dodge the 60% chance of bullsh!t we got
comin tomorrow. i goin to ride the full course. i should of went saturday

post #8 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 09:54 AM

^ meant "18's"

post #9 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Fat guy on a sport bike

Sportbike: Schwinn
Years Riding: 7 minutes and 52 seconds
How you found us: ask.com

I had a lot of fun on Saturday. I originally signed up for I (for the first time) because N was full. Once it was determined that N was marked as full because of a spread sheet error, I decided that I could benefit from the instruction in N one more time. I got that straightened out about 2 weeks ago, but when I showed up to the track, I was still marked to be in I. Thanks to Terra (sp?) and Nick that got straightened out quickly though.

After lunch, I ended up sitting out a session because I think I was developing heat exhaustion. I couldn't think clearly, and felt nauseous. I ended up cooling down in the bathroom and was ready to go after that. I plan seeing if Alexa can perforate the suit for me, otherwise it is going to be and exceptionally hot summer. After the next session, I was speaking with my coach, Rudy, and he let me know that I was ready for I.

Good seeing/meeting everyone. Mandy and Dave (as well as anyone else who contributed) - Thanks for the lunch feast! I hope the rest of the weekend turns out as great as it did yesterday!
post #10 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Resident Slow Guy

Sportbike: Ain't got none!
Years Riding: Since May 21, 2011
How you found us: The intarwebz

Send a message via Yahoo to ENutz
It was hot as a motherfucker up in that bitch son!

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

"Nigga if you ride, nigga you gon fall!" - Katt Williams

Ashwin Gopal, David Ryan, Baby Ronin Tyler, John George, Chris Kotacka aka 'Arch', Eva Grzegorczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob, Esq. View Post
image v. substance. Some people want to be motorcyclists, others just want to be seen as motorcyclists.
post #11 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm a non-achiever.

Sportbike: KTM 450sx/Sumo, XR50R w/training wheels
Years Riding: street 06; track 09
How you found us: the cops

18's in N, 22's in A. Something's wrong with this picture.

"Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast"
post #12 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 10:24 AM

Sportbike: A weed wacker
Years Riding: Just started today as a matter of fact..
How you found us: A dream I had once

Send a message via MSN to JRSMAIL
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaugdog View Post
18's in N, 22's in A. Something's wrong with this picture.
Should not be in ''N"

Jon
MSF Instructor

<---- Useless

Always Stand For What You Believe In... Even If Means You Stand Alone...
post #13 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm a non-achiever.

Sportbike: KTM 450sx/Sumo, XR50R w/training wheels
Years Riding: street 06; track 09
How you found us: the cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSMAIL View Post
Should not be in ''N"
agree

"Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast"
post #14 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Orgynizer

Years Riding: 8 years
How you found us: ......................

Alright....I have a few minutes let me jot some things down before I go into overload!!! I'm going as soon as I'm done here....I have Full Course tomorrow!

Great 2 days so far!!! Man it is f$%&*# HOTT, why do we do this to ourselves Oh yeah...it's that thing called an addiction

So Saturday frikkin ROCKED.... I demo'd Nicks video recording and GPS data acquisition program and WOW.....if you are stuck with something or just looking to improve and see how YOU are doing.....DO THIS!! I worked with Matt/Bomber on this....he is a GREAT CR!!!! I'll write up a more extensive review after tomorrow!

So I started out in I and first session was a blast, we were cutting in and out and passing a lot of people, I'm having a blast setting up passes now. After I pass someone my next goal is to catch the next group/person. It's so much fun....I was grinning from ear to ear all day Saturday.

So we come off of first session and go over my data....wow EYE OPENER!! But you can see exactly what you need to work on, so I was focusing on a few turns and advice from Bomber and during the next session I implemented them immediately!! Different lines, braking later, staying on gas longer, trying not to coast........ I did that for the sessions in the morning...then I was let out on my own in Advanced I was hesitant to go but said eh lets try it. I repeatedly told myself they wouldn't put me there if they didn't think I was ready.....so now I had to make them proud! I never ever ever ever...did I mention ever think I would be in A

WOW....Advanced...is AWESOME.....so much safer than I, that is the first thing I noticed. People were passing me so closely everywhere on the track and never once did I get spooked....and I did pass ONE person...I was like then they bumped him down to I....then I was

LOL....but I also saw immediately how much I could learn in A....and by 6pm I was exhausted....mentally and physically!!! As Ken said...you have to work at110%....100% of the time....you can never just chill or roll off the throttle at all....well at least I can't Everytime someone passed me I was like wait for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I tried to keep up as best I could and realized everyone out there was helping me in one way or another

And as Terra stated several people made comments about our/my riding and it was all good (thank god!!) One guy pulled up to us in hot pit and said he was having a blast chasing us all day.....that made me Thanks Several other people said we were extremely smooth and consistent and took great lines!! So thanks to all the CR's....Bomber...you rock Grasshopper towed me around for a bit...and I passed him only cuz he ran out of gas. Travis as always!!! Nick came out for a bit...to the entire STT staff!

I had fun as always playing with Terra out there....we'd follow each other for a few laps then switch off....did that most of the day. I know we both said it to each other....I could see where I'm faster in some turns and she's faster in other ones....so on the ones where she was faster I would try to follow her line It was a great day!

Sunday
Eh

Just wasn't my day....it was super HOTT!! I started in I cuz I haven't done South in over 2 years and boy am I glad I did...the Advanced guys wouldn't have liked me today!

We'll leave this as is cuz tomorrow is going to be better!!!!

Alright this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past the 3 sentence quota

Shelly
STT Northern Promotions Coordinator
post #15 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Orgynizer

Years Riding: 8 years
How you found us: ......................

Oh and HUGE thanks to Mandy and Dave for the BBQ on Saturday ...sorry I wasn't around much. With the one on one coaching it pretty much took up all my free time!!!!

Shelly
STT Northern Promotions Coordinator
post #16 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Zydrate addict

Sportbike: no more riding for me :(
Years Riding: ridin what?
How you found us: I lost a bet, this was my punishment

Send a message via AIM to Piercedqt78
Shelly, you looked amazing out there. I only got to see a few laps during the day, but I managed to make my way to the fence to watch most of one of the last sessions. Girly you looked just as good as everyone else in A. Did you get to have any of the brats today? Did they reheat ok?

I don't ride, I cook!
post #17 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Mogwai

Sportbike: The one I ride.
Years Riding: enough.
How you found us: insomnia.

Send a message via Skype™ to Stephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piercedqt78 View Post
Did you get to have any of the brats today? Did they reheat ok?

yes, and yes.

13 Street Triple 675- Bluebarry
09 Ninja 250r- track

Resident Lube Expert.
post #18 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephiroth View Post

yes, and yes.
A question about food and look who chimes in. Hmmmmmm.
post #19 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Mogwai

Sportbike: The one I ride.
Years Riding: enough.
How you found us: insomnia.

Send a message via Skype™ to Stephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave13 View Post
A question about food and look who chimes in. Hmmmmmm.
Pilot, TripleZ and I went to Aodake for sushi afterwards... I'm FULL of deliciousness still, but wanted to let Mandy know that the mushroom brats were appreciated!

13 Street Triple 675- Bluebarry
09 Ninja 250r- track

Resident Lube Expert.
post #20 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Zydrate addict

Sportbike: no more riding for me :(
Years Riding: ridin what?
How you found us: I lost a bet, this was my punishment

Send a message via AIM to Piercedqt78
Glad they held up to reheating.

Steph, ignore Dave he's just mad he wasn't there for teh noms today.

I don't ride, I cook!
post #21 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Twin View Post

WOW....Advanced...is AWESOME.....so much safer than I, that is the first thing I noticed. People were passing me so closely everywhere on the track and never once did I get spooked....and I did pass ONE person...I was like then they bumped him down to I....then I was
That was funny when you were telling me that story by the tower. Man "A" sounds so much better in terms of riding. I've heard from multiple people "A" is safer than "I". Maybe not safer, but the lines people take are much more consistent as well as their speed.

Can't wait to see the vids you have from your sessions.

Some pics on my FB and or Flickr accounts. I didn't notice any trackside photographer like last time...was he/she there?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...2&id=531272672

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4119056...7624173135862/

Last edited by Nexus; 05-31-2010 at 09:09 AM.
post #22 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 10:13 AM
Fat guy on a sport bike

Sportbike: Schwinn
Years Riding: 7 minutes and 52 seconds
How you found us: ask.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Man "A" sounds so much better in terms of riding. I've heard from multiple people "A" is safer than "I". Maybe not safer, but the lines people take are much more consistent as well as their speed.
You mean someone might not ass pack you while flying down the front straight well before any brake markers? I still don't quite understand what happened there cuz I literally had to cut my speed speed by around 60-70%.
post #23 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket Rockets View Post
You mean someone might not ass pack you while flying down the front straight well before any brake markers? I still don't quite understand what happened there cuz I literally had to cut my speed speed by around 60-70%.
I think our group came up on N6 or 7 and the last rider slammed hard on his brakes for T1. Surprised even our riding coach. Good thing we both kind of stagger instead of being right behind each other.

After it happened I was kind of laughing when I saw you run up on the right side of me LOL :P
post #24 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 10:54 AM
Sunny and 70

Sportbike: 2008 Tuono 1000 R
Years Riding: 12 years
How you found us: GSXR.com

Shelly, thanks for hauling that stand out to the track for me.

Mandy and Dave, thanks for the Bday brat and for setting all that up.

Kim, thanks for the idea of hosing down the dogs.

And whoever brought extra EZ ups, thanks for the shade for the pups.

Stay dry out there today. I hate South 9/10 in the rain.
post #25 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 11:41 AM
TERRAdactyl

MONDAY Intermediate - warm up crash one lap warm up jackass parking giant storm.

Terra
STT Staff
Midwest Instructor

Last edited by catwlights; 05-31-2010 at 11:43 AM.
post #26 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 03:28 PM
Wisconsin FIB

Sportbike: Speed Triple 06 Blue
Years Riding: Since June 2002
How you found us: Pilotx1

I had a great time Saturday and Sunday. And I finally got to meet most of you. Thanks Mandy and Dave for food on Saturday....

It was way too fuggin hot out there. I think I drank 12 of those big Gatorade bottles plus some more water. And I still wasn't feeling that good until we started sitting in the air-conditioning between sessions.

Thanks to everyone and the STT coaches I progressed through novice pretty quick on Saturday. Went from crappy line and slow in the morning, to consistent and hauling ass in the last 3 sessions. For the last two sessions I was going to take it easy and pull off after a few laps.... It was like a Heroin junkie just getting a taste, and I stayed out for full sessions of pure joy while grinding my knee pucks down. The last session, everyone dissapeared except for one or two bikes. I ended up shadowing Nexus from about 1 turn back and had a blast trying to catch him.

My coach recommended that I sign up for the "I" group from then on just before my last session on Saturday..... and that made my day. Sunday, "I" was full, so I didn't try to move in the morning, but after 2 sessions in Group N1 I got my official to "I". I think Evil Twin has the video of me doing my happy dance in hot pit.

Intermediate was a blast in the afternoon on Sunday. Pilot towed me around for the first session, then followed me on the second. After that, I was going to take it easy again........ Passing is so much fun though and I ended up doing full sessions.
post #27 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Boo boo kitty fuck

Sportbike: F4i
Years Riding: Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How you found us: Evil Twin

Send a message via AIM to DroppedMyWrench Send a message via MSN to DroppedMyWrench Send a message via Yahoo to DroppedMyWrench
Congrats on your bump Chris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwlights View Post
Im bringing my gym shoes so I can surf the roof.....

ooooooo. I need a cape.
Sometimes you're the bug...sometimes you're the windshield
post #28 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 05:47 PM

im STILL wet. good seein all. until next time

post #29 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 06:20 PM

Sportbike: A weed wacker
Years Riding: Just started today as a matter of fact..
How you found us: A dream I had once

Send a message via MSN to JRSMAIL
congrats all, that looked like fun....

Jon
MSF Instructor

<---- Useless

Always Stand For What You Believe In... Even If Means You Stand Alone...
post #30 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 07:22 PM

I with those people with the huge trailer and rig would have parked a little closer to the north scoring tower. Then, instead of having to walk an extra 200 feet around their camp to go to the washroom, we could have also squeezed by then to get in the washroom door. I'm surprised they were allowed to set up blocking an access road.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode