Chicagoland Sportbikes

Sportbiketracktime.com This forum is the Midwestern home for STT and their riders. Sportbiketracktime.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: '03 Gsxr 1000, '04 Zuma,07 GSXR 600 trackbike
Years Riding: june 2007, since new,july '10
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to Pilotx1 Send a message via Yahoo to Pilotx1

The weather was perfect for a track day, temps in the mid 80's a nice breeze throughout the day and the occasional poofy cloud to give a break from the sun.

I had a grest few sessions in the morning and made some progress on my lines and consistency, but still havent figured out turn 8/9 to my satisfaction.

working with Jeff during the fifth session we were leapfrogging a lead follow arrangment with the exchange on the front straight. I went to take the lead position and ended up going into 1 too hot by probably 20mph I started to turn but got scared and gave up on the corner about midway through. On the brakes hard I ran off into the grass and ended up dumping it on the right side as I went into the gravel trap. I had daves video camera on the nose of the bike so i did get the benefit of getting to see what I did wrong and I definately gave up too early and could have made it had I kept at it in the corner. so definately a lesson learned there. I think i might have still been on the front brake when i went into the grass though im not sure, If i wasnt I think i grabbed it when i saw the gravel coming and got spooked.

I feel pretty luck to have gotten off as easy as i did in that crash it was pretty uneventful, the bike laid down on the right side after a short distance across the grass, the only thing that happened to me was whacking my right pinky on the gravel i think so its sore today. the bike got off pretty easy too, the only reay damage was a broken rear brake pedal and messed up bodywork.

cleaning out all the picked up gravel and tracking down a spare rearset took me 2 sessions but i was able to get re-teched and make it out for the last session. the first few laps I took it pretty easy since I was still freaked out about T1 but picked up the pace each lap. The last session I was able to put together a consistent session with times on par with my other sessions and actually turn my best lap time so far.

Ill have video posted up from the crash later after I trim off a lot of the surrounding video

-Jason
CCS AM #31
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Mogwai

Sportbike: The one I ride.
Years Riding: enough.
How you found us: insomnia.

Send a message via Skype™ to Stephiroth
I'm glad you're okay.
And now our tanks match!!

13 Street Triple 675- Bluebarry
09 Ninja 250r- track

Resident Lube Expert.
post #3 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Wisconsin FIB

Sportbike: Speed Triple 06 Blue
Years Riding: Since June 2002
How you found us: Pilotx1

Yeah, T1 is a bitch. I could never get a consistent line on that, then going into T2.

Jason, I'm thinking that ACC weekend the first week in September is going to be my next track day. You wanna revisit the demon corner?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: '03 Gsxr 1000, '04 Zuma,07 GSXR 600 trackbike
Years Riding: june 2007, since new,july '10
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to Pilotx1 Send a message via Yahoo to Pilotx1

video of my crash

as for demon corner, I made it out for the last session so I didnt end on a crash
Ill be out at ACC for the full 3 day weekend

-Jason
CCS AM #31
post #5 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Wisconsin FIB

Sportbike: Speed Triple 06 Blue
Years Riding: Since June 2002
How you found us: Pilotx1

I was thinking....

"wow, your really moving...... Oooo passing Jeff......."
"hmmm. Should be braking..... Coming up on that corner really hot......"
"brake..... Brake......BRAKE!!!!........... Shitfuck!"

I like how you took out your anger on the kitty litter.
post #6 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 01:49 PM

Sportbike: 2009 Triumph Street Triple R, 2011 Triumph Bonneville SE
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: web search

But you did pass Jeff.
You probably took the better of the two options. This get off had you into the gravel, if somehow you made it trough that turn you would have been going WAY too hot into 2 and ended up 100ft deep into the tree line possibly getting thrown into a big ass tree trunk.

Under200
post #7 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm a non-achiever.

Sportbike: KTM 450sx/Sumo, XR50R w/training wheels
Years Riding: street 06; track 09
How you found us: the cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by under200 View Post
But you did pass Jeff.
You probably took the better of the two options. This get off had you into the gravel, if somehow you made it trough that turn you would have been going WAY too hot into 2 and ended up 100ft deep into the tree line possibly getting thrown into a big ass tree trunk.
Lots of people only grab a few downshifts for t1. Most of your braking for t2 is right after t1. Glad you're alright Pilot

"Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast"
post #8 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 08:20 PM
TheRexMachine

Sportbike: '04 Yamaha R6
Years Riding: 6 seeezons and rising
How you found us: A member named Will

HAD an amazing day today in N group 3. got both knees down, left finally getting a lot more love from the pavement especially in turn 4. Our coach said we were running a decent I pace, too so thats awsome. don't know if thats true or if he's just stroking our ego but felt good. my form isnt an issue, i just gotta get my lines, braking points etc down. otherwise he said i looked smooth and consistent. just tuning in a little too late and running wide.

lot of people went off today but luckily nothing serious.

One incedent happened right in front of me at the 2nd to the last session. at turn 6 a red vfr was already turning in, i was still at the turning point, and here comes a gixxer1000 blasting down to my right trying to "pass" us goes inside the VFR's line and takes him and himself out. i had to decide, do i turn or runn off, i decided to just run off into the grass but i was told i could have just made the turn too. it was about 3 bike lengths in front of me. im stopped and didnt drop the bike, but i was glad it stopped as i havent changed my rear brake fluid and glad it did its job.

dude in the gixxer went right into the tire wall and the VFR, the guy that got hit, was right at the impact zone by the curb. talked to both parties and the gixxer guy was like "oh your the one i passed first right? yeah, well these guys was going slow, so i had to pass them, and this guy just cuts right in front of me." What a jackass. it was his first day on the track and he's playing it off as it wasnt his fault. first off, ITS NOVICE GROUP! and yes they did let us pass but only on the straights. i guess he considered the apex/turn in point a straight still. idiot. ofcourse i didnt say that to his face as his posse was right there. i just flashed my worn down knee puck and his son goes "daddy, yours is still nice and new, his is dirty and worn, yuck." lol.

all in all i had a fun day. Nolan and Jeff good seeing you guys. and to my coach (owner of race cafe) and the other peoples i met, i forgot your names. had a blast! Tea saw you but didnt get a chance to say hi. to the other CLSBers that was there hope to meet you at the next one.

Last edited by RxM86; 08-08-2010 at 11:06 PM.
post #9 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 08:59 PM
I don't know...

Sportbike: more than one... one less now...
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Some girl was talking about it.

Hey Jason, I'm happy you are ok and the bike is back in one pcs.
I went today and also had a blast, got to try some new rubber and love it, this was the second time at ACC and I start to get the hang of the track.
I ran over the inside banking in T2 and slid the bike back on track and kept it up, later I tucked the front end on the end of T4 and ended up sliding on my left knee and somehow managed to give the bike a push and put it back on the tires... was a pretty cool feeling!

One of the funnies moments happend when I tried to pass KIM, who actually showed and explained to me how to use the corner speed and pass a more powerfull bike. I had my rear tire broken loose and the rear bunced sideways around, as the tire hooked up again, I had Kim passed in like a jump... awesome!

Today was a great day, thanks to everyone it was great seeing everyone!

post #10 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Orgynizer

Sportbike: 07 600RR
Years Riding: 8 years
How you found us: ......................

Great day as always with my fellow crack addicts; Terra, Chris, Kim, Nolan, Tea, Steve, Germany, Nick, Troy, Dani, Matt, Wally, Doug...and anyone else I may have forgotten.

I was at ACC yesterday spectating and hanging out....we did the go karts after the track day and all I have to say is OUCH.....after that AWESOME!!

4 of us were going through a turn, someone hit Nick he started spinning out then just STOPPED right in front of me....I hit him head on....HARD lol, but I wasn't gonna stop. I have a softball sixe bruise on my thigh and can't sit for too long, my tail bone hurts.....FAWK!! But those little things are awesome!!

Today's track day was awesome, and damn I know I said it before but Advanced is work!! lol, but had a blast. I'm a few track days behind on video but I will try to get to this one ASAP, I know some of you in A coughnolan,dougcough....were messing with the camera's....Nolan wizzes right by me then turns and and waves... I had a CR sammich a few times too so I'm sure I got some good footage

HUGE thanks to Jeff Chen ....We've been trying to hook up at a track day for like 2 years....so finally we did!!!! He worked with me a lot this afternoon and show me some new lines, great lines!! I was working em during the last session. It was so hard to break taking my own lines, I've done ACC so much it's just a habit I don't have to think about what lines I'm gonna take. But he showed me some faster lines, during the last session I passed this guy with ease that I was struggling with the session before....so something clicked and worked

My highlight of the weekend was going out 2-up with Jeff Chen.....HOLY SHIT FUCK!!! I will admit I closed my eyes a few times It wasn't the whole trust thing cuz I know Jeff doesn't wanna crash It was more so not having control out there....and he was passing people like I wasn't even on the back, I did get footage of that so I will make a video ASAP!!!!

Another huge thanks to Kim and Nolan, thanks Kim for driving my car home....that was the longest frikkin ride ever from ACC and we live what like 4 miles from there

Anyhoo this is way past the 3 sentence rule here on CLSB so if you read it all I applaud you

Awesome weekend AGAIN!!

I got pics too, will get up tomorrow, I'm going to relax!!

Last edited by Evil Twin; 08-08-2010 at 09:28 PM.
post #11 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Registered F'n User

Sportbike: 2012 ZX-14R, 2012 R1, 2008 Stratoliner
Years Riding: 26
How you found us: Saw the ad in 'D-Cups' magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxM86 View Post
One incedent happened right in front of me at the 2nd to the last session. at turn 6 a red vfr was already turning in, i was still at the turning point, and here comes a gixxer1000 blasting down to my right trying to "pass" us goes inside the VFR's line and takes him and himself out.

dude in the gixxer went right into the tire wall and the VFR, the guy that got hit, was right at the impact zone by the curb. talked to both parties and the gixxer guy was like "oh your the one i passed first right? yeah, well these guys was going slow, so i had to pass them, and this guy just cuts right in front of me." What a jackass. it was his first day on the track and he's playing it off as it wasnt his fault. first off, ITS NOVICE GROUP! and yes they did let us pass but only on the straights.
What a piece-of-shit squid. Stupid F'n squid. Should be kicked out of STT for good, and pay for the VFR damages. He could have crippled someone. I can't stand people like that.

On a track day I went to last year, I went for the first time with this guy I met from the neighborhood. He had a nice literbike, but was constantly talking about 'gonna kick some ass' and 'I wanna pass everyone'. This being his first track day (but wheelies all the time on the street), I tried to tell him to just take it easy, learn the lines, learn how to corner, etc. His response, 'no way, dude' said it all: pure squid.

So, of course, 3rd session of the day, he crashes, decent damage to his bike. He and his parents are mad at me for introducing him to track days. So freakin' predictable, so annoying. I couldn't handle hanging with him anymore.

Liked the video. Glad you're OK, Pilot.
post #12 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 09:24 PM
TERRAdactyl

Years Riding: on the street since 01
How you found us: accidentally stepped in it

Send a message via Yahoo to catwlights
Quote:
HAD an amazing day today in N group 3. got both knees down, left finally getting a lot more love from the pavement especially in turn 4. Our coach said we were running a decent I pace, too so thats awsome. don't know if thats true or if he's just stroking our ego but felt good. my form isnt an issue, i just gotta get my lines, braking points etc down. otherwise he said i looked smooth and consistent. just tuning in a little too late and running wide.

One incedent happened right in front of me at the 2nd to the last session. at turn 6 a red vfr was already turning in, i was still at the turning point, and here comes a gixxer1000 blasting down to my right trying to "pass" us goes inside the VFR's line and takes him and himself out. i had to decide, do i turn or runn off, i decided to just run off into the grass but i was told i could have just made the turn too. it was about 3 bike lengths in front of me. im stopped and didnt drop the bike, but i was glad it stopped as i havent changed my rear brake fluid and glad it did its job.

dude in the gixxer went right into the tire wall and the VFR, the guy that got hit, was right at the impact zone by the curb. talked to both parties and the gixxer guy was like "oh your the one i passed first right? yeah, well these guys was going slow, so i had to pass them, and this guy just cuts right in front of me." What a jackass. it was his first day on the track and he's playing it off as it wasnt his fault. first off, ITS NOVICE GROUP! and yes they did let us pass but only on the straights. i guess he considered the apex/turn in point a straight still. idiot. ofcourse i didnt say that to his face as his posse was right there. i just flashed my worn down knee puck and his son goes "daddy, yours is still nice and new, his is dirty and worn, yuck." lol.

all in all i had a fun day. Nolan and Jeff good seeing you guys. and to my coach (owner of race cafe) and the other peoples i met, i forgot your names. had a blast!
I wanted to find you to first compliment your good judgement in taking a route out of a bad situation that was suited to your safety and also to make sure you were OK.

I can't explain to you how upset this incident made me today. Extremely disappointed.

Unfortunately, we experience individuals in our riding community (and I will say this again) who don't take into consideration how their actions may turn results that affect others.

Terra
STT Staff
Midwest Instructor
www.sportbiketracktime.com

Pushing the Limits of Life's Opportunities
post #13 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 09:36 PM

Sportbike: RSV1000R, 07 ZX600R, 90 R100GS, Zuma, KLX250....
Years Riding: 30+ Years
How you found us: My Man Odyssey

I'll follow up and if it went down like you say... he's banned for life.

Sorry that someone's stupidity caused you problems.

Monte
post #14 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 09:43 PM
TERRAdactyl

Now for my post event novel...

Saturday was WICKED!!!! I rolled into track to find Jordan Racing trailer trucks. No Jordan, but we watched Zemke and the race team workin south track in-between sessions for Ferrari, a GT Porche, some crazy awesome random race vehicles, AND a 14 yr old who was training with the race team. Wow! To top it off Hyundai was giving ride and drives AND the cart track was opened for STT.

A full blown day of amazing.

I enjoyed working with the Intermediate group and towing around Jason for last lap of the day....that was a lot of fun. Great times getting to ride with Mouse and stuff him from the inside....heehee....I made him work for it. Jeff Chen was great fun to ride with.

Sunday was PERFECT weather before noon....but the sun peaked out later and it was sooooo hot. I enjoyed elevating some new students in Novice. It was a great pleasure to see those who paid attention and who practiced the drills excelling throughout the day.
We had a ton of girls at the track today and it was great seeing all of you. Too many girls and boys to name off...you were all great fun to spend time with.

Terra
STT Staff
Midwest Instructor

post #15 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 09:44 PM
TERRAdactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportBike Track Time View Post

Monte please contact myself and Wally for details on this member.

Terra
STT Staff
Midwest Instructor

post #16 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 10:21 PM
TheRexMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwlights View Post
I wanted to find you to first compliment your good judgement in taking a route out of a bad situation that was suited to your safety and also to make sure you were OK.

I can't explain to you how upset this incident made me today. Extremely disappointed.

Unfortunately, we experience individuals in our riding community (and I will say this again) who don't take into consideration how their actions may turn results that affect others.
thanks were u behind me? i had an overall great day. pushing the envelope little by little just enough for me to learn and not o shit all the time. but yeah after that i had to sit out the last session, not coz i was shook up from it but just cuz i did have a great day and wanted to quit while i was ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportBike Track Time View Post

No big problems. props to the emergency crew quick response. And it went down just as i said. and his ego was waaaaay out there. he flat out blamed the other guy for cutting into his line because he was being slow. and i was slow too i guess coz he passed me on the straight with a 1000 while i was on the r6. WoooOOooOOo..

btw
Jeff, thanks for checking up on me too at the pit. thanks for letting me beat you

Last edited by RxM86; 08-09-2010 at 05:48 AM.
post #17 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm a non-achiever.

Sportbike: KTM 450sx/Sumo, XR50R w/training wheels
Years Riding: street 06; track 09
How you found us: the cops

Quote:
best pic ever

"Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast"
post #18 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 01:03 AM

Sportbike: R6
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: Sportbike Track Time

Quote:

all in all i had a fun day. Nolan and Jeff good seeing you guys. and to my coach (owner of race cafe) and the other peoples i met, i forgot your names. had a blast! Tea saw you but didnt get a chance to say hi. to the other CLSBers that was there hope to meet you at the next one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catwlights View Post

Why didn't this come to my attention?

Nick Amelio
Northern Division Director and Gunshow provider
SPORTBIKETRACKTIME.COM

[email protected]
post #19 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 01:37 AM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunshowNick View Post
Wouldn't two bikes piling up in the same corner throw up a red flag that perhaps they swapped paint, and further information would be needed asap?
post #20 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 03:49 AM

Sportbike: Honda RS 125
Years Riding: just starting to learn
How you found us: accidentally

Quote:
btw
Jeff, thanks for checking up on me too at the pit. thanks for letting me beat you
Awesome Picture!!

I went and spectated on Saturday. I got to see Tony (under200) improving his skills and picking up speed. Thanks for lunch T. I can't believe I was still full even after I left. I was so tired cause I went straight from working a night shift to the track. When I saw all the awesome bikes, cars, and the AMA guys I was no longer tired lol

-Jaime

RIP Ashwin 788
post #21 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 07:31 AM

Sportbike: 2009 Triumph Street Triple R, 2011 Triumph Bonneville SE
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: web search

Sat. was a good time. The new bike make a huge difference. It is amazing what some clipon's and more sporty riding position will do
I took it really easy the first session to get use to the bike but after 2 laps I was comfortable. The bike is so smooth. I do miss some of the low down grunt a little but did not spend my time in the lower rpms much anyhow, plan on doing a 520 conversion later and will re-gear things anyhow.
My best session of the day had to be right before lunch after Jason gave me a tip on the turn in point for turn 2. That session was great and I finally put a knee down!!! Actually twice in that session on turn 2. After the session I took a look at my lap timer and noticed that time was 20 secs. lower than my best time at North with the street triple! Unreal. Please note that my times are pretty damn slow so even though it sounds like a lot I was still not blazing. It made me feel really good putting the knee down I got a huge confidence boost the rest of the session. And seeing the time really changed my day.
After lunch I mentally hit the wall and was really tired. Not that excited and I sat out a session. The 30 mins-1 hr sleep the previous night finally caught up with me. My lap times went up big time and I was missing lots of my apexes, nothing dangerous just not keeping things snug as I like. Thanks Jason for letting me pit with you guys, bringing the grill and teaching me the line for t2, thanks to the cr's, Jeff and Glenn. I could not keep up with Jeff but I did follow some of his ultra late turn in's, wow they scared the crap out of me but ironically worked well. Glenn was my primary CR. I was laughing in my helmet how he was blazing around going into turns with his Multi Strada not even hanging off like it was nothing.
Good seeing you Jamie, always great seeing you light up when you get around bikes....next year man, you are getting another one so we can hit the track together.
Overall a great day. Still have to work on my speed. I am slowly getting faster but still not in the fast groups in N. However I was fast enough to stay in my assigned group without getting bumped down. I have found that as long as I learn one thing every track day things improve. The little baby steps are finally starting to add up. Boy am I happy I didn't sign up for Sunday, I was so sore when I woke up. Guess I was really hanging off the bike alot.

Under200
post #22 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 07:49 AM
TheRexMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunshowNick View Post
i'm surprised no one told you. do the tow crew and medic team not communicate what happens? do they just take the people back, with no story as to why? just curious as i would think that they would bring it to the authorities attention.

i just realized, had he been a few more seconds behind me, he could have taken me out...

Last edited by RxM86; 08-09-2010 at 07:54 AM.
post #23 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Kim

Sportbike: '08 GSXR 750
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: hubby's a member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germany View Post

One of the funnies moments happend when I tried to pass KIM, who actually showed and explained to me how to use the corner speed and pass a more powerfull bike. I had my rear tire broken loose and the rear bunced sideways around, as the tire hooked up again, I had Kim passed in like a jump... awesome!

Today was a great day, thanks to everyone it was great seeing everyone!
LOL. No more riding tips for you if you're gonna use them against me!!

But seriously, it was great seeing you out there riding hard and keeping the rubber side down. You've made serious progress since earlier in the season and it was very fun riding with you. Hopefully next time I'll have a little more for you. The last session of the day was AWESOME chasing you, Amelio, and Wally. Turned my fastest laps of the day that session!

I really enjoyed a day of working on my own riding - thanks to STT for the hospitality!!

CCS #912
STT Coach #912
Former NESBA CR #29
post #24 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Orgynizer

Quote:
Awesome pic!!
post #25 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 10:20 AM
I don't know...

Sportbike: more than one... one less now...
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Some girl was talking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
LOL. No more riding tips for you if you're gonna use them against me!!

But seriously, it was great seeing you out there riding hard and keeping the rubber side down. You've made serious progress since earlier in the season and it was very fun riding with you. Hopefully next time I'll have a little more for you. The last session of the day was AWESOME chasing you, Amelio, and Wally. Turned my fastest laps of the day that session!

I really enjoyed a day of working on my own riding - thanks to STT for the hospitality!!
Yea that last session rocked... I was gonna try to stay ahead of Tea, but all the sudden everyone and his mother was in front of me and she was too far ahead. I think at that point my hunting instincts woke up ( I've never hunted... lol) first I pulled up on nick and tried to pass him in every corner but it seemed like he had more power once the bike was upright, we split Tea on the front straight and I just ran deeper in the turn than I normally would have ( and I think Nick backed out and let me pass) than Wally came around me when I was pouching it a bit... that ended up in a two lap chase and him pulling off just as I was going to be very close to him (on the straight leading to T6 I ran my shadow next to him - psychological warfare). I slowed down a bit on the front straight to see who was behind me and mouse passed me, I think I chased him for like a lap and just couldn't get him, he was a bit too quick, and I was a bit too exhausted to do more. I dropped about 1/2s in that session.

Thanks for all the Pointers you, Nolan, Tea, Steve, Rob and all the other gave me over those Trackday I did.

post #26 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Resident Slow Guy

Sportbike: Ain't got none!
Years Riding: Since May 21, 2011
How you found us: The intarwebz

Send a message via Yahoo to ENutz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotx1 View Post

video of my crash

as for demon corner, I made it out for the last session so I didnt end on a crash
Ill be out at ACC for the full 3 day weekend
Remember seeing you getting pulled in by the crash truck. Glad to hear it wasn't that bad.

Quote:

There is something to be said about the camaraderie of sportbike riders but more specifically, sportbike riders who ride on the track. I basically pitted by myself because I didn't see anybody I recognized when I came in on Saturday and the family who pitted next to me pretty much took me in as one of their own and asked me to join them for lunch. It was a husband and wife from St Louis and their parents from Bloomington. Not sure if they are on the board, but just want to thank them again for being so gracious and for allowing me into their "home".

I've been really working on my body positioning and I have been progressively getting better and faster after each trackday I have done this year. That said, it felt good when both Jeff and Chris came up to me individually out of the blue to compliment me on how good my body position looked as well as my buddy Ben aka Jetman on the board who was there to spectate with his GF.

So now the next step is for me to work on my lines and reference points, something I've always had an issue with. Chris was kind enough to help me work on just that near the end of the day. He saw something that didn't look right, and he was there to help me correct it. And he did it without me asking for it. I think that says a lot about the quality and character of the STT coaching staff.

Anyways I'm definitely moving up to "I" on the next one. I feel that I've outgrown the pace of the Novice group. I'm sure others would agree.

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

"Nigga if you ride, nigga you gon fall!" - Katt Williams

Ashwin Gopal, David Ryan, Baby Ronin Tyler, John George, Chris Kotacka aka 'Arch', Eva Grzegorczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob, Esq. View Post
image v. substance. Some people want to be motorcyclists, others just want to be seen as motorcyclists.
post #27 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Orgynizer

Here are my pics...I took some pics at T1 and T2 on Saturday but it was with my shitty POS so check em out if you want ( I think it was the Intermediate group)
http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...0August%208th/

Here are some pics from Saturday

Jordan Racing

Travis trying to hide from the camera

Jason decided to bring some gravel off the track

post #28 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Orgynizer

Go-Karts Saturday night, I know Jeff got some great pics with his NICE camera
Thanks Terra for taking these pics

post #29 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Orgynizer

Dinner at Cemeno's....nom nom nom, great pizza

Where are you going with all those singles Nick??

'

Sunday pics

Jeff, Chris, Kim and Nolan

Germany paying attention

Nick and Wally

Jeff, Dani, Nolan, Kim and Tea

Chris showing us his hott socks
post #30 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Y'all know me as Mouse

Sportbike: '08 R6 / '09 R6 / '04 GSXR
Years Riding: fer a while
How you found us: Been here all along.

Send a message via AIM to Blake
I had a blast coaching this weekend.
The weather was awesome and the pavement was nice and clean.
I even took the time to play a bit.
Go carting was awesome. Anyone who thought about it and passed it up, missed out. I don't know if I'm more sore from the carts or all the riding. Nick and I taped each other a few times. Then when I saw Shells get hit, I couldn't get myself to tap her out of the way to get passed. There there were those 2 passes on Cat, T7 and T1, where I thought I'd be all nice and tip toe past her with tons of room - and she just takes the spot back mid corner (I'm not giving you no 6-10ft pass anymore hun). Its been a while since Troy (Tznuts) and I got to play around a bit.That was pretty awsome.
But the last A group session topped it off for me. I came back into the pits from coaching the I session and cat tells me a group went out. So I head back out to hot and and throw down a lap but didn't see anyone. So I pit out. Then as I'm coming down hot pit, I see the group coming by. The grid marshal is waving me on and I was in 3rd gear entering the track. I caught up to Kim and Tea and planned my pass (I had been coaching I group and was still stuck in that whole 6ft passing mindset). I dont remember who all I passed then. I just had my sights on Nick. I took him thru 5 and gunned it (Flat out) for Walley and Germany. But Walley thru a hand up and pitted out. it seemed like Germany lifted a bit down the straight when I flew by him. I looked back to see if he was gonna give chase. I backed off a bit for him to catch up, then put my head down for a lap. I looked back and saw I put some distance on him and at that point I needed water after the back to back sessions.

All and all a unbelievably great weekend.
I passed out when I got to bed.
Thanks everyone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode