Registration for STT - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Sportbiketracktime.com This forum is the Midwestern home for STT and their riders. Sportbiketracktime.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: K7 GSXR600
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: Accident

Send a message via AIM to zstylem86
Registration for STT

So I've been registering with STT for a few years. I have always bought Michelins from them, but I'm really confused on their registration and how this all works now. Previously, I received an envelope with promotions/discounts on tires, stickers, a shirt, etc. This year I got a "Thank you for registering" e-mail. I need to buy tires for ACC next month and I don't see anything on their Sportbike Tire Service site to offer members better pricing. I have stuck with Michelins simply because they had great prices (in the past). I can get Power Cups for cheaper than $400/set all day. What am I missing here...

Lost a bar end off my gsxr at autobahn, you see it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 10:02 PM

Sportbike: Suzuki GSXR 1k, Kawi 600, Ducati 749
Years Riding: a little bit....
How you found us: word gets around....

Well, it's been a while since I've posted on here - I'll try to not be such a stranger!!!!

In regards to membership benefits - you're correct, we don't do the packet with the t-shirt and the coupons anymore - and no, Sportbike Tire Service does not give different/better pricing to members, vs. non-members.

But there are two things that replace this:

When you purchase Michelins from Sport Bike Tire service now, the mount and balance are free - vs. $20/tire before.... so for a set, that's a $40 savings. Even if you order the tires online from Sportbike Tire Service - if you bring them to the track at a Sportbike Track Time event, the mount and balance will be free.

The other BIG benefit Sportbike Track Time has for members is the tip-over and mechanical insurance - where you can get partial credit for a same-day event, or a full day credit if you happen to fall down (or have a machanical) the first day of a two day event.

We made these changes after listening to our customers and they told us that having mechanical/tip insurance would be a huge plus. Obviously, this is expensive for the company as we have to absorb this cost - so the tire coupons had to go.

To your comment - perhaps we need to publish our member benefits better - perhaps in a welcome email after a customer purchases a membership.... because there are some cool benefits there - but they have changed from the old days.

t

Last edited by mastermind; 04-30-2013 at 10:02 PM. Reason: my crappy grammar
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: K7 GSXR600
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: Accident

Send a message via AIM to zstylem86
thanks for the detailed response Trevor...

it's a bummer the same prices are offered to members vs. non members. free install is great, but forces me to do tire swaps trackside. the last thing on my mind is doing tire swaps bright and early in the AM. between the racers meeting, tech, setting up, I always feel rushed getting out in the first session. I guess I'll have to get up an hour earlier to save $40.

Track insurance on the other hand is a great benefit.

Maybe I was spoiled from the old STT days, with an increase in membership cost I thought there would be more value added elsewhere. Either way, glad to have STT still out there. I started out riding with you guys and remember getting some body positioning pointers from you.

Look forward to the season!

Lost a bar end off my gsxr at autobahn, you see it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode