Novice or intermediate?? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Sportbiketracktime.com This forum is the Midwestern home for STT and their riders. Sportbiketracktime.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
The Plumber
 
Matoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Spring Grove, IL
Posts: 1,261
Location: Spring Grove, IL
Sportbike: 05 SV650S
Years Riding: enough
How you found us: Another member on another board I visit
           
Send a message via AIM to Matoo
Novice or intermediate??

I'm not sure what to do here. I've done one track day before, Autobahn full course, and am about to sign up again. I want to do Autobahn on the 2nd or 3rd on the north course. I was thinking Saturday, but I see novice is full now.
Would it be a bad idea to jump to intermediate? I did very well on my first day and my CR said he couldn't believe it was my first day and said I should be able to do I very soon, but not sure he meant after a couple more days or what.
How different is the pace from N to I? I know passing is allowed in I on the straights and got a taste of it the last few sessions of my first day, although I passed more than I got passed. Will it be a bit much to handle?
I'm not to worried about knowing the track since I did the full course already and know most of the north course from that....

I guess I'm just looking for a few opinions before I sign up tonight. I just don't like the idea of going through the early part of the novice class again.

"If you love your motorcycle let it go, if it comes back you've highsided"
Matoo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Enjoying Life!!
 
CHeYeNNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cruising Around Enjoying Life!!
Posts: 17,774
Location: Cruising Around Enjoying Life!!
Sportbike: 09 Night Rod Black Denim
Years Riding: Not Long Enuff!!!!
How you found us: Friends
           
If you go I just get in the last group


I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later!!
CHeYeNNe is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Administrator
 
HDTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 45,956
Location: Plainfield IL
Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.
           
Send a message via AIM to HDTony
From what I hear, Stt's intermediate group , is more like the front of Nesba's B group, but I'm not 1--% sure about that as I have yet to do an STT day. Although i am kicking around the idea of coming to autobahn.




HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
HDTony is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 08:21 PM

 
GunshowNick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Joliet
Posts: 1,371
Location: Joliet
Sportbike: R6
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: Sportbike Track Time
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoo View Post
I'm not sure what to do here. I've done one track day before, Autobahn full course, and am about to sign up again. I want to do Autobahn on the 2nd or 3rd on the north course. I was thinking Saturday, but I see novice is full now.
Would it be a bad idea to jump to intermediate? I did very well on my first day and my CR said he couldn't believe it was my first day and said I should be able to do I very soon, but not sure he meant after a couple more days or what.
How different is the pace from N to I? I know passing is allowed in I on the straights and got a taste of it the last few sessions of my first day, although I passed more than I got passed. Will it be a bit much to handle?
I'm not to worried about knowing the track since I did the full course already and know most of the north course from that....

I guess I'm just looking for a few opinions before I sign up tonight. I just don't like the idea of going through the early part of the novice class again.
Go to "I" and ask for some coaching help...I'm Directing these days, so find me and we'll get you worked out...Cant miss me Im REALLY good looking..well, that and I'll have a shirt with my name on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHeYeNNe View Post
If you go I just get in the last group
Follow this advice and LEARN REF.POINTS the first 3 sessions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony View Post
From what I hear, Stt's intermediate group , is more like the front of Nesba's B group, but I'm not 1--% sure about that as I have yet to do an STT day. Although i am kicking around the idea of coming to autobahn.
That's rather accurate. Nesba likes to ensure that the riders are very proficient before bumping them up. The "A" group is a tick faster than ours, but alot of racers ride with Nesba. Nesba is an excellent org and we (stt) have a great relation with Nesba. We like to be a little...let's say "looser" with bumping guys or gals up. You would be amazed how fast you get by participating with those that are faster than you. Point being, you should be ok in "I" group and if not I'll work it out! Stand on me!

Nick Amelio
Northern Division Director and Gunshow provider
SPORTBIKETRACKTIME.COM

[email protected]
GunshowNick is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Slow Poke
 
loudes13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Dundee, IL
Posts: 1,297
Location: Dundee, IL
Sportbike: BMW Dakar
Years Riding: since '00
How you found us: member
           
I signed up for novice Saturday, but used to be pretty experienced. I just haven't been on the track in a long time and my bike is kinda slow. If Novice is holding me back, how hard is it to bump to I after lunch?

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are the legislators."

www.allenskillicorn.com


Follow my views on Life (snarkiness), Liberty (politics), and Pursuit of Happiness (motorsports) on twitter. http://twitter.com/allenskillicorn
loudes13 is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NW Suburbs
Posts: 144
Location: NW Suburbs
Sportbike: K7 GSXR600
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: Accident
         
Send a message via AIM to zstylem86
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudes13 View Post
I signed up for novice Saturday, but used to be pretty experienced. I just haven't been on the track in a long time and my bike is kinda slow. If Novice is holding me back, how hard is it to bump to I after lunch?
i'll be holding you back in novice
zstylem86 is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 08:51 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 207
           
Very good points here. If I can just add one thing. You are going to get passed so just follow YOUR lines and be predictable or dont do anything out of the ordinary and yoy will have a ball and learn a ton. What I try to get across to all new riders and what I live by is were never as good as our egos make us think we are. When we think were better then the bike the bike will get pissed and take us out everytime. Allways have an open mind to learning because it never stops and respect the bike for what it is (8,000 dollar Ferrari cant spell) and you will be fine. take care brother and welcome to the new addiction

Last edited by Wedgester; 07-26-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Wedgester is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
The Plumber
 
Matoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Spring Grove, IL
Posts: 1,261
Location: Spring Grove, IL
Sportbike: 05 SV650S
Years Riding: enough
How you found us: Another member on another board I visit
           
Send a message via AIM to Matoo
All signed up for I on Saturday. Look for this at the back of the pack


"If you love your motorcycle let it go, if it comes back you've highsided"
Matoo is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
The Plumber
 
Matoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Spring Grove, IL
Posts: 1,261
Location: Spring Grove, IL
Sportbike: 05 SV650S
Years Riding: enough
How you found us: Another member on another board I visit
           
Send a message via AIM to Matoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony View Post
Although i am kicking around the idea of coming to autobahn.
At least stop buy and bring me a sticker. Work and distance keep me from ever being able to make bike night

"If you love your motorcycle let it go, if it comes back you've highsided"
Matoo is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Registered User
 
Dug2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: schiller park
Posts: 2,735
Location: schiller park
Sportbike: drz400sm
Years Riding: yes
How you found us: search engine
           
make sure you say hi matoo, im in i also #418.
see you there
Dug2 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome