Post 8-3-08 at Autobahn North - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Sportbiketracktime.com This forum is the Midwestern home for STT and their riders. Sportbiketracktime.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: CBR600RR
Years Riding: 45 dog years
How you found us: Stumbled here drunk one night

Post 8-3-08 at Autobahn North

I had a great time and much thanks to Dean. I forgot my canopy and he had an extra that fit great. It would have sucked to have no shade. Also, thank to Keith who worked with me on my body position. I kept the bike upright and only one off-track adventure. I figured I paid for the runoff area, I might as well try it too.

Greg

<---- Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 08:31 PM

No Problem Greg! I hope the body pos will help u in the future. Its really cool to help new people do this sport that I love. It reminds me of when I started and just wanted to learn everything. Ive been doing this for just over 2 years now and im learning more every track day. Greg WELCOME TO THE NEW ADDICTION . Start saving your money now!!!!

Last edited by Wedgester; 08-03-2008 at 08:34 PM.
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 09:05 PM
rider, rider, racer, ride

Sportbike: Street: 2007 Hayabusa, Track: 2005 R6
Years Riding: Long enough to know there is a lot to learn
How you found us: Moses told me

Send a message via AIM to bluebusa07 Send a message via Yahoo to bluebusa07
Awesome time today all. Glad I was able to take advantage of today and help Enes recoup some of his money. Ill start with the congrats due. Big congrats to Terra and her bump to "A" , another big congrats to Shelly for draggin some knee , and congrats to Hunny, I think she set a record for least amount of days between time of purchase and time on track and to sum up the rest.. congrats to CLSB for having an accident free day I owe some serious thanks to Dean and Mouse. Dean, thanks for the air buddy : and Mouse.. Thank you for taking the time to run those 2 sessions with me, showing me the lines, and explaining the track . I felt safer, smoother, and faster than I had all day! Til next time all..

NESBA: Intermediate #101
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Defender of the Innocent

Sportbike: Simon and Garfunkel
Years Riding: over a decade
How you found us: YZFRob

an awesome weekend!!

congrats Terra! you didn't say anything!! That's awesome!
The best part today was when you were the first to pass "you know who!" I was screaming in my helmet "yes, yes Terra!" That was some funny shit!

Congrats Shelly for her knee! I was the first to witness it and I'm glad I was! You picked up the pace a lot on Sunday and were looking awesome!

Good to see you again Marcus!

If Matoo is the guy with white and orange leathers, he picked up the pace quite a bit by the end of Saturday. Congrats, man!!

Good seeing everyone else. It was a fun weekend, first time in STT "I."

Thanks to all STT CRs. You guys really rock!

Tea Palella
Midwest Instructor

SportbikeTrackTime - SportbikeTrackGear - SportbikeTrackGirl

IMMIGracing
CCS #56 - Arlen Ness Racing, Hindle, Silkolene, Suomy, Woodcraft, Vortex, Sharkskinz, PopShadow, TrackdayMag.com, Cyclepath Racing
ChicagoLand Bikers.com
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Orgynizer

Sportbike: 07 600RR
Years Riding: 8 years
How you found us: ......................

kkkkkkkkkkkkthanksbye

Shelly
STT Northern Promotions Coordinator
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 09:27 PM
rider, rider, racer, ride

Sportbike: Street: 2007 Hayabusa, Track: 2005 R6
Years Riding: Long enough to know there is a lot to learn
How you found us: Moses told me

Send a message via AIM to bluebusa07 Send a message via Yahoo to bluebusa07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergirl View Post
Good to see you again Marcus!

You too! You were lookin awesome out there!

NESBA: Intermediate #101
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Orgynizer

Anywho...in all seriousness......FANTASTIC weekend....I'm sooooo exhausted right now so I'm crawling in bed. I will do my little write up manana.....let me just say this was my BEST track weekend so far....I can't even begin to put it into words!!!!!

Shelly
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 09:38 PM
The Plumber

Sportbike: 05 SV650S
Years Riding: enough
How you found us: Another member on another board I visit

Send a message via AIM to Matoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergirl View Post

If Matoo is the guy with white and orange leathers, he picked up the pace quite a bit by the end of Saturday. Congrats, man!!
That is me, thanks.

I was behind you for a bit towards the end of the day Saturday and I was in your group in novice back in June. You have improved a ton!

"If you love your motorcycle let it go, if it comes back you've highsided"
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Defender of the Innocent

Sportbike: Simon and Garfunkel
Years Riding: over a decade
How you found us: YZFRob

Thanks!
I remembered your leathers from june! nice job out there!!

Tea Palella
Midwest Instructor

SportbikeTrackTime - SportbikeTrackGear - SportbikeTrackGirl

IMMIGracing
CCS #56 - Arlen Ness Racing, Hindle, Silkolene, Suomy, Woodcraft, Vortex, Sharkskinz, PopShadow, TrackdayMag.com, Cyclepath Racing
ChicagoLand Bikers.com
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Slow Poke

Sportbike: BMW Dakar
Years Riding: since '00
How you found us: member

I was there Saturday. I was very impressed with STT's level of instruction in novice. I felt like I was taking a professional school. Lots of fun and I learned a lot. Also want to say thanks to Trevor. He was my coach and led the classroom. He did a very good communicating and teaching. It was also cool meeting a bunch of you.

Hopefully someone has pics, I want to prove that I had a dirtbike (well a Husky SM610) on the track:-) I took a couple of my hitch carrier and the cold tear on rear tyre.

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are the legislators."

www.allenskillicorn.com

Follow my views on Life (snarkiness), Liberty (politics), and Pursuit of Happiness (motorsports) on twitter. http://twitter.com/allenskillicorn
post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:15 PM

Sportbike: KTM 690 SM
Years Riding: A little bit.
How you found us: I had the strangest dream.

Awesome day for sure. I saw Shelly get the left knee down the first time! Sweet. Made some huge progress myself today. Best Trackday to date. Love this track!
post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Every motor needs a turbo

Sportbike: Had a Liquid Silver R1
Years Riding: longer than paved roads were common
How you found us: fellow rider

congrats everyone for having a safe fun day!

post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:36 PM

Sportbike: K7 GSXR600
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: Accident

Send a message via AIM to zstylem86
well it was my first track day ever and it exceeded my expectations. not sure where to even start...

the setup for the novice riders was perfect.i wasn't sure how far behind i'd be compared to other riders but the range accommodated just about everyone. everything from riding with CR's all day to the classroom sessions helped a million. thanks to the big bald guy and my CR (casper the friendly ghost) and hi to hunny...she was in my group in the afternoon i think.

i really had a blast. during the second half of the day i was scraping both knees and saw a big improvement in my riding throughout the day. learned a lot about everything actually...so my bike is now naked waiting for race plastics and ordered a bunch of stuff out my budget...

thanks guys/gals!

yours truly,
broke ass college kid
post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 02:11 AM
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!

Sportbike: Rockets & Harleys
Years Riding: Me love you long time
How you found us: CLSB DECAL

Congrats everyone, sounds like it was a great track day weekend.. AweSOME Shelly......

***Ashwin RIP Brotha you will be missed***

www.dcdecals.net www.firespeed.com

Life's Journey Is Not To Arrive At The Grave Safely In A Well Preserved Body, But Rather To Skid In Sideways, Totally Worn Out, Shouting "HOLY SHIT... What A Ride!"

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never under estimate your opponent (mentality). Expect the unexpected (could work out in your favor). Two, take it outside(or to a table). Never start anything inside the Bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

Turning Shit into Sugar!!
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 03:01 AM
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!

Sportbike: Rockets & Harleys
Years Riding: Me love you long time
How you found us: CLSB DECAL

Thanks to all of you that stopped by Heroes West during this Track Day weekend at Autobaun CC. I appreciate it.....

***Ashwin RIP Brotha you will be missed***

www.dcdecals.net www.firespeed.com

Life's Journey Is Not To Arrive At The Grave Safely In A Well Preserved Body, But Rather To Skid In Sideways, Totally Worn Out, Shouting "HOLY SHIT... What A Ride!"

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never under estimate your opponent (mentality). Expect the unexpected (could work out in your favor). Two, take it outside(or to a table). Never start anything inside the Bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

Turning Shit into Sugar!!
post #16 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Addicted

Sportbike: 09 Kawi ZX6R, 75' Yamaha RD250, '13 KTM 350 SX-F, '05 Yamaha Zuma
Years Riding: Not nearly long enough
How you found us: followed the squids

Send a message via AIM to eE jeremy
In case anybody missed it, I posted my pictures here:

https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...ad.php?t=76688

Shitty Pass Racing #513
post #17 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 08:37 AM

Sportbike: 05 DRZ-SM, 80 GS1100E, 99 KTM 125SX, 03 KTM 200MXC
Years Riding: Since 2001
How you found us: ?

Send a message via AIM to Ryan Send a message via Yahoo to Ryan
I had a great time at my first track weekend. That was definitely some of the most fun I've ever had on a motorcycle. I won the free spot from CLSB for Saturday and ended up spending $150 that I shouldn't have spent to buy a spot from a guy for Sunday . I was dragging knee by the 4th or 5th session (I think) on Saturday, what a fucking rush! Grasshopper was my control rider for the last few sessions on Saturday and I was the only one in his group. Nothing like having personal instruction from a good friend on my first trackday! Thanks Nick!

I had a little lowside on Sunday in turn 2. Just plastic damage on the bike and not a scratch on me so it's ok. Now I'm trying to figure out how to afford the next trackday and some new tires beforehand. My rear tire is pretty much junk, especially on the right side, and those tires were takeoffs to begin with so that probably contributed heavily to my lowside, oops .
post #18 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 08:40 AM
stuck in 6th gear

Sportbike: '99 SV650, GSX-R1K2, CRF230F5, '08 HM-S
Years Riding: not enough lately *(&%# work...
How you found us: LBK back in the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudes13 View Post
I was there Saturday. I was very impressed with STT's level of instruction in novice. I felt like I was taking a professional school. Lots of fun and I learned a lot. Also want to say thanks to Trevor. He was my coach and led the classroom. He did a very good communicating and teaching. It was also cool meeting a bunch of you.
waitaminute...you were riding in Novice??? Sandbagger!
post #19 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Orgynizer

Well this is for both days...I think someone needs to combine all the threads from this weekend There's like 4 or something

Anywho…..this weekend ROCKED!!!! I don't think I can portray how awesome this weekend was…both days, everything just flowed for me….I worked on my body positioning, lines and speed….and they all improved. HUGE thanks to all the CR's that helped me out and gave me pointers; Mouse, Troy, Nick, Jen, Nick….you all are unbelievable. And we couldn't have asked for better weather!!!!

So yes I dragged knee for the first time on Saturday….I know it's not a big deal (well it was after I did it) everyone was just giving me a hard time cuz I haven't yet….so during lunch we put my bike up on stands and Jen helped me with body positioning….then we did our girls session (which kicked ass!!)….I dragged knee for the first time during the girls session in turn 8!!! I was like what was that….kinda freaks you out the first time….then it was smooth sailing after that

Sorry to everyone who went down…a few of you got right back on but for Enes and Dug2… Sucks….wanted to ride with you guys more in I

Sunday I focused on my body positioning and speed….and yes Troy I will keep working on body positioning …..but I know I got faster on Sunday….my morning sessions were the best. I was right on Terra's ass until she started passing….that is what I have to work on next too…….

Shadow Video got a lap of me, they were out there testing their cameras so I will post that later….and everyone can critique. Biggy let me use his lap time for a session and my best time was 1:24….wish I knew what I was running the day before just to compare, Thanks Mike!!!!

Another HUGE thanks to Terra and MOUSE for the air conditioned trailer…it was nice to go in there and cool off when needed!

I also have about 8 rolls of film to get developed….yeah it was a film camera but I have some nice zoom lens…thanks to Shannon, Mia, Jim and Dave for taking pictures….I got some yesterday too….so I will drop them off today….lets hope we got some good ones cuz I never saw a photographer out there

And it was so much fun riding with everyone this weekend, there were many of us in I; Terra, Tea, Biggy, Enes, Dug2, Plotts, Mouse, Troy, Marcus, Jen (sorry if I missed anyone)….missed riding with Dean and Keith…since they got bumped to A…but you boys looked awesome out there. I followed, Terra, Tea, Shelly a lot

Everyone else looked great...Hunny, Mao, Ryan, Ron, Steve, Keith, Dean, Omar

Huge thanks to hunny for driving my car home last night from the track....…I rode home in a tank top, capris and flip flops…wow…now I know how the squids feel….but damn my bike generates A LOT of heat!!

We went to Heroe's last night for some beer and food…which was yummy….HUGE thanks to John again, you didn't have to do that!!!

Thanks to everyone who came out to spectate on both days….hope you all had fun…..I know some of you want to get out there now too!!!

Til next time

Shelly
post #20 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 09:47 AM

Sportbike: 2k7 gsxr 600
Years Riding: Where's neutral?
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to NewbieGixx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Twin View Post
Well this is for both days...I think someone needs to combine all the threads from this weekend There's like 4 or something

Anywho…..this weekend ROCKED!!!! I don't think I can portray how awesome this weekend was…both days, everything just flowed for me….I worked on my body positioning, lines and speed….and they all improved. HUGE thanks to all the CR's that helped me out and gave me pointers; Mouse, Troy, Nick, Jen, Nick….you all are unbelievable. And we couldn't have asked for better weather!!!!

So yes I dragged knee for the first time on Saturday….I know it's not a big deal (well it was after I did it) everyone was just giving me a hard time cuz I haven't yet….so during lunch we put my bike up on stands and Jen helped me with body positioning….then we did our girls session (which kicked ass!!)….I dragged knee for the first time during the girls session in turn 8!!! I was like what was that….kinda freaks you out the first time….then it was smooth sailing after that

Sorry to everyone who went down…a few of you got right back on but for Enes and Dug2… Sucks….wanted to ride with you guys more in I

Sunday I focused on my body positioning and speed….and yes Troy I will keep working on body positioning …..but I know I got faster on Sunday….my morning sessions were the best. I was right on Terra's ass until she started passing….that is what I have to work on next too…….

Shadow Video got a lap of me, they were out there testing their cameras so I will post that later….and everyone can critique. Biggy let me use his lap time for a session and my best time was 1:24….wish I knew what I was running the day before just to compare, Thanks Mike!!!!

Another HUGE thanks to Terra and MOUSE for the air conditioned trailer…it was nice to go in there and cool off when needed!

I also have about 8 rolls of film to get developed….yeah it was a film camera but I have some nice zoom lens…thanks to Shannon, Mia, Jim and Dave for taking pictures….I got some yesterday too….so I will drop them off today….lets hope we got some good ones cuz I never saw a photographer out there

And it was so much fun riding with everyone this weekend, there were many of us in I; Terra, Tea, Biggy, Enes, Dug2, Plotts, Mouse, Troy, Marcus, Jen (sorry if I missed anyone)….missed riding with Dean and Keith…since they got bumped to A…but you boys looked awesome out there. I followed, Terra, Tea, Shelly a lot

Everyone else looked great...Hunny, Mao, Ryan, Ron, Steve, Keith, Dean, Omar

Huge thanks to hunny for driving my car home last night from the track....…I rode home in a tank top, capris and flip flops…wow…now I know how the squids feel….but damn my bike generates A LOT of heat!!

We went to Heroe's last night for some beer and food…which was yummy….HUGE thanks to John again, you didn't have to do that!!!

Thanks to everyone who came out to spectate on both days….hope you all had fun…..I know some of you want to get out there now too!!!

Til next time
+1 glad you had a good time. ill be back soon hopefully and this time... "lesson learned"

Hi. My name is Enes
post #21 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Retired but still working

Sportbike: 1994 H/D Softail Custom
Years Riding: Long Enough
How you found us: search

Send a message via Yahoo to Dean
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg808 View Post
I had a great time and much thanks to Dean. I forgot my canopy and he had an extra that fit great. Greg
Anytime Greg. Funny thing was after my canopies got destroyed that one weekend, I was ready to toss everything else and the frames. Glad I kept them.

Dean

What do the internet and Channel 11 have in common? They are both a window to the world; put it out there and do not be surprised who will see it.
post #22 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 10:43 AM

Hey Brother Dean wanted to say great weekend . Myself and Dean have done so many trackdays together that are setup is like clock work. In about 20 mins were all ready and that makes for a very calm morning.
post #23 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 10:44 AM

Well this weekend was definitely a "learning experience" for me. After talking to several people over the course of the last couple weeks, I decided to give "A" a try. Well needless to say, I got my schooling all day long. My times were in the 1:15 to 1:17 range all day. The 1:15 is a three second drop from my last Autobahn North day 3 weeks ago. But I can tell you there were some people out there hauling some unbelievable times. There are some very important things I learned though;

First, you have no idea how much skill it takes to ride safely as your speed increases. Turn in points, breaking markers, throttle management, body position, leaning, all relating to smooth inputs and transitions; and more so than that MENTAL PREPAREDNESS. If you are not paying attention to what you are doing, what the bike is telling you, things can go oh so wrong so quick. No, I didn't crash or anything, but I was shaking my helmet half the day because as I picked my own pace up, all those things above changed in the blink of an eye every lap. I would miss an apex here, turn in too late there, etc... Blarney's signature line says "It's all between the ears" Oh my is that sooooo true!!!

Anywho, I had a good Sunday. A little unnerving at times so to those of you that I was speaking with, if I seemed repetitive in my speech it is because there was so much I was taking in and trying to absorb, I just spit it out to try and hear myself; thanks for listening. I am sure Kieth will no longer be pitting with me

Another point to bring home here is how important it is to be consistent and predictable. Some do not recognize it and some do not understand why there are certain rules in place depending on your skill level: No passing in corners, no passing on the inside, six foot passing, etc. This gets drilled into you real quick like when you are going three deep into a corner aiming for the same apex, or even two deep on an exit when both of you are aiming for the same exit point. Needless to say I hope those that were riding with or passing me were comfortable enough in doing so with me there.

So in conclusion, for those of you who think "time" is everything, you can just throw that thought right out the window - I sure did long ago and yesterday was the proof in the puddin'. I am not saying that to be rude or insulting. It is a simple statement to say sure you can go can around a track quickly, but if it is not in a safe, predictable and consistent manner, it really does not mean anything. You can be doing more harm than good to yourself and your fellow riders all around you.

So without further ado... here is a quick video of me. Jim Meigs is in front of me for two laps and when the freight train caught up to me, you can see how one little mistake can cause a lot of grief if I or the other riders did something unexpected.

Hope all that had mishaps over the weekend are o.k. Bikes can be repaired and as long as you are here to tell your story, that is all I care about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eH3npH4wic

Dean

What do the internet and Channel 11 have in common? They are both a window to the world; put it out there and do not be surprised who will see it.
post #24 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedgester View Post
Hey Brother Dean wanted to say great weekend . Myself and Dean have done so many trackdays together that are setup is like clock work. In about 20 mins were all ready and that makes for a very calm morning.
That was weird... I actually had nothing to do for like an hour. And make sure you tell your pit assistant to check the mailbox in a couple of days. I owe her!!

Dean

post #25 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 11:40 AM

Sportbike: Suzuki GSXR 1k, Kawi 600, Ducati 749
Years Riding: a little bit....
How you found us: word gets around....

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudes13 View Post
Thank you for the kind words! I try pretty hard to pack as much information into as little time as possible... it can be a little tough when you're dealing with a lot of people with different ability and experience.

Glad you enjoyed it!

t
post #26 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 11:57 AM

Sportbike: 08 R6 , CRF250R
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: chicagorussionriders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
My times were in the 1:15 to 1:17 range all day.
congrats on your new best. 1.15s are respectable times.

CCS 787(ex). 08r6
post #27 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 12:17 PM

Sportbike: RC31
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: it's a small world afterall

Shelly - I haven't seen you ride since the Grattan-flooding-wrong-boot-fiasco and you've come a long way! Glad the body positioning tips worked. You were smiling the whole weekend and that kind of enthusiasm is super cool to see.

Terra and Tea are doing awesome. I could keep up with Terra on the Hawk last year, and I'm glad I have the 600 'cos otherwise they'd both be schoolin' me now. My favorite thing about getting to be a coach is watching people get better, and faster, and more confident. It's so cool to see the progression.

Hunny was looking great on Saturday! Especially on a brand new to her never really ridden before bike - hope you're feeling better!

Also - Troy is the bee's knees. He's a *fantastic* coach, super generous with his time and so willing to help people. I'm a big fan, especially after seeing those shoes. Man, those are hot.

I'm starting to feel much better on the 600, getting used to higher revs and faster speeds (my old bike topped out at 100mph). I have a lovely brand on my arm from the exhaust, ('cos I'm a dumbass - oh yeah, the exhaust is under the seat, and it's hot after a session!) so I guess she owns me now. My back is pretty well fucked today. Going to see a chiro and get an MRI and hopefully it'll be ok. Don't wanna miss out on labor day weekend!

Swift Molly's Motor Circus
MichelinWoodcraftArmour BodiesSpyder LeatherworksSTTSTG

UNAPOLOGETIC FAN OF THINGS THAT ARE OLD AND SLOW
post #28 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 02:08 PM
TERRAdactyl

Years Riding: on the street since 01
How you found us: accidentally stepped in it

Send a message via Yahoo to catwlights
Man, WHERE do I start? How about with a

"MMMMMMMMMMEEEEE-YOW, BABY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT WOOT!

Let me repeat by saying "BEST TRACK WEEKEND EV-AR!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I dont know if it was the super awesome company, or the amazing instruction, or the gratitude all around for skills enhancement across the board, or the perfect weather, ..........or that AIR CONDITIONED TRAILER?

First of all Jen - I hope your back turns out ok. That is some serious bummer-esque business goin' on there. YUK. And Also, X, I hope your wing is ok, too.

Hero's was a GREAT TIME - awesome hearing all of the race talk between "X", STEVE (G2G), Jen, and Mouse - Shelly and I were like staring at you guys in awe most of the time. Great times, good seein' Smokin' John. And HOLY MAN WAS THAT BROWNIE DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!

Jackson says thanks to everyone for the scratches and kisses and petting, etc. However he did say something about "if Nick Amelio and I were in a beauty contest, he would SOOO loose....."

Shelly - WOW - you are magnificent out there. I was like " That's it, YOU WILL drag that knee today" and I made you follow me, I kept going faster and faster I knew you'd do it! you were so close so often. GREAT JOB! And its not only just that you could drag your knee, that's not the goal... you improved speed naturally with your progression in body positioning, entrances, etc. GREAT WORK! LOVED RIDING WITH YOU!

Tea - HOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY CRAP GIRL.... I was pushin to keep up witcha sometimes! I loved riding with you! Great work!

Shelly - White Femmoto suit, Orange bike - she's from Indy - We ended up matching timing and I had a blast riding with her, we switched back and forth. I wanted to watch her body positioning. and she showed me some new entrance spots so I could turn in later. I always dip in too soon. (Mouse was laughing because he had just shown her the same entrance spots earlier that day.) lol So funny.... and SO FUN! woot! I asked her to join CLSB so she can meet up in our pits with us.

MAN - THE GIRLS ARE REPRESENTING BABY!!!!!!!! LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!!

Jen - thank you for the help on my lean angle. I need more work. I struggled all day yesterday trying to figure out how to get my bike up more. I'll have to get video taken so I can improve. I slowed down a bit all day Sunday just to try to figure it out, but not much luck. I think rearsets are going to help me out, but we will see. Thanks so much for following me every track day and giving me new tips along the way. Its so awesome. You and X are the bestestest EVER! I'd kiss ya, but .... I dont swing that way.

Marcus - it was great riding with you. Im so glad you made it out. I dont really know a whole lot of the other guys, I was trying to figure out names and such, but I dont really know a ton of CLSB'ers but I'll learn it - and learn it real good.

Ken and Dave (and Dave's krew) - Thanks for coming out and spectating and checking things out! It was so great to see you guys. And HUGE PROPS to those who took time out to take pics. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

MONTE - dont forget to get my favorite photographer out there.... purrrty pleeeeaaaaseee. hint hint.... sugar on top and all that maddness.

I really enjoyed riding with so many great riders. I want to clarify the "A" bump. I did get bumped by an instructor, but I dont feel like my place is in "A" just yet. That is just a recipe for a crash. My times are not high enough yet, and I want to master a few more things first. So I am staying in "I" where I can work on things rather then being passed a kabillion times over in the meantime. I like having all my parts - on both machines.

Dean and Keith - you guys crack me UP!!!!!!!!! I always like seeing you out there on the track. You are so much fun, the DIRTY DUO! Seriously, we gotta get our pits together again soon.

I only have a couple of pics and I'll post them in a few minutes.... I think I have more commentary to add.... but Im at ** cough ** work, so I am trying to multitask. .... See ADD comes in handy.

Terra
STT Staff
Midwest Instructor
www.sportbiketracktime.com

Pushing the Limits of Life's Opportunities
post #29 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 02:18 PM
TERRAdactyl

Trevor, Reese, and CASPER - heehee... Billy the Kid... heehee... what? LOL It was great sitting with you guys at dinner and all those other fun times. Im glad that Bill crossed roads with us so we could lead him to the back woods and... er I mean lead him to the track.

Biggie - Thank you for letting me use your lap timer. I know now what i want for my birthday. (Mouse **HINT HINT**) It was awesome pitting with you and Hunny. You guys are always a fun time. Thanks for the trailer illustration, and instruction on how to draw nudie pics on bathroom walls. I'm all set now. See, riding track isn't the only thing you can learn with the STT patrons.

Did I mention that my dog thinks that Nick is not as hansome as he is?

Terra
STT Staff
Midwest Instructor

post #30 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 02:33 PM
TERRAdactyl

I dont know what is cuter.....

Mouse sitting back a lap so he can help with strapping on a student's helmet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg track8308 004.jpg (64.8 KB, 38 views)

Terra
STT Staff
Midwest Instructor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode