STT have any events like this planned? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Sportbiketracktime.com This forum is the Midwestern home for STT and their riders. Sportbiketracktime.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
I miss mopar

Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha Zuma
Years Riding: I can't count that high.
How you found us: i don't remember.

Send a message via AIM to Drama Send a message via Skype™ to Drama
STT have any events like this planned?

Just wondering if STT has any type of fund raiser like this planned???

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=34117

Steve
08 yamaha Zuma 49cc
Dirt: TBD
I love bike shopping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 02:25 PM

Sportbike: RSV1000R, 07 ZX600R, 90 R100GS, Zuma, KLX250....
Years Riding: 30+ Years
How you found us: My Man Odyssey

We will not be doing a charity fund raiser for BHF airfrnce if that is what you are asking.

I think it is absolutely great that NESBA and it's members raised money for BHF, thier home track here in the Midwest!

We have been doing charity work for nine years and in that time have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for the Susan G Koman Foundation via Femmoto, our primary charity vehicle. (It is ironic that at times we get bashed for giving a discount to "the gals" but now you know where the membership fees and enrollment profits go.)

Track related...we supported the Wegman Fund via charity events. We donate to the RFF, RRW Action Fund and our partnership with Mid-Ohio funded Softfence barriers for that facility. At Autobahn, we asked for them and the facility purchased the required moduals from our referal vendor with thier own money which IMO is an unparralelled committment to safety..

Bonnie and I also donate personally to several NPO's that we feel are worthwhile. Our style is to not make a big deal about, or call much attention to our charitable giving or fundraising as that isn't the motivation behind why we do it. We do it because we feel it is worthwhile and giving back to the sport and those less fortunate, whichever the case may be. In fact, we rarely mention it at all and that's how I'm thinking we'll continue to do things.

Monte

Last edited by SportBike Track Time; 09-11-2008 at 06:37 AM.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
I miss mopar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportBike Track Time View Post
Track related...we supported the Wegman Fund via charity events. We donate to the RFF, RRW Action Fund
Any info on future events?

Steve
08 yamaha Zuma 49cc
I love bike shopping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:04 PM

Sportbike: RC31
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: it's a small world afterall

Dude, are you just shit-disturbing?

Not trying to speak for Monte, but my understanding is that he just said they donate to the Red Flag Fund, and the RRW Action Fund. He didn't say anything about events, except that they used to support the Wegman Fund's charity events. (Used to, since the Wegman Fund is now, sort of in spirit, the Red Flag Fund.) I could be mistaken.

I saw the chest thumping on the NESBA board about how awesome you guys did at the cookoff, and yes, as a regular rider and racer at BHFs I'm grateful for the generosity of NESBA, and its members, and the addition of more airfence there. It's super cool. Truly, I am not being sarcastic in that statement of thanks. I would have gone to and checked out the cookoff had I not been at Autobahn.

Instead however, I'll be attending the track day that Tom is organizing with BHF to raise money for airfence. I also donated time and money to the Red Flag Fund auction. Because I didn't go to the cookoff and donate, does that make me not worthy of hitting the NESBA branded airfence if I'm so unfortunate as to crash and need it? It's a little irritating that suddenly I'm supposed to be ingratiating myself to NESBA just because y'all did a really nice thing. That's disingenuous generosity. I'm not saying that as an STT member, but as a rider of different orgs, and it's not directed at *you* personally, more at the attitude I've seen from other people.

I just don't understand why STT is specifically being taken to task for charitable giving, when they do in fact give back to the sport, and other charitable causes.

How about all the meanie CCS racers who grouse about all the pesky supa fast NESBA riders winning all the races at BHF? Why aren't you asking them when they're going to buy more airfence?

Swift Molly's Motor Circus
Michelin • Woodcraft • Armour Bodies • Spyder Leatherworks • STT • STG

UNAPOLOGETIC FAN OF THINGS THAT ARE OLD AND SLOW
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Ya Drama, cut that shit out

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
I miss mopar

All I did was ask a couple of questions. geez.

Steve
08 yamaha Zuma 49cc
I love bike shopping.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:11 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportBike Track Time View Post
We will not be doing a charity fund raiser for BHF airfrnce if that is what you are asking.

I think it is absolutely great that NESBA and it's members raised money for BHF, thier home track here in the Midwest!

We have been doing charity work for nine years and in that time have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for the Susan G Koman Foundation, our primary charity.

Track related...we supported the Wegman Fund via charity events. We donate to the RFF, RRW Action Fund and our partnership with Mid-Ohio funded Softfence barriers for that facility. At Autobahn, we asked for them and the facility purchased the required moduals from our referal vendor with thier own money which IMO is an unparralelled committment to safety..

Bonnie and I also donate personally to several NPO's that we feel are worthwhile. Our style is to not make a big deal about our or call much attention to our charitable giving or fundraising as that isn't the motivation behind why we do it. We do it because we feel it is worthwhile and giving back to the sport and those less fortunate, whichever the case may be. In fact, we rarely mention it at all and that's how I'm thinking we'll continue to do things.

WOW, monte thats awesome. a big to you. i understand what your saying and the way your saying it and wanting to be humble as you are with your charity givings. thats awesome man and i to you.

although it was a question that was brought up to you and your org, it was nicely put.

bless your heart for giving it all completely out of your pocket and not determined by what others do.

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Serious inquiries only

Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Mort82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama View Post
Didn't you learn from the religion thread about asking questions?
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Any info on future events?
In one word or less..... "NO".

With that said......We may do something cool at a major event in 2009... turst me you'll know it when you hear it.

Seriously guys and gals... let's please not turn this into a pissing match because it's really about good things done by good people. "We" have our way of doing things..NESBA has thiers, PTT thiers..etc.. If BHF needs airfence and NESBA choses to raise money for them thats over the top cool.

The bottom line is we are all selfish when it comes to giving and ho we do it. Ya, that is what I meant to say...we are SELFISH. Sounds like an oxymoron doesn't it... "selfish giving.."

Example... NESBA/Members belives it is in thier best interest to raise the money and let everyone know about it. Thats what they think is best and that is selfish because it is what serves thier interest best. STT which is "Monte and Bonnie" owned believe that the vast majority of time that we write the checks and do not let everyone know about it and/or issue press releases. That too is selfish because we believe that that serves our interests and goals best. Neither is "right" or "wrong"... just different... Make sense? That last thing we need to do is bash each other for doing some good and showing some love.

Monte

Last edited by SportBike Track Time; 09-10-2008 at 05:36 PM.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:17 PM
YO MAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckstop View Post
Dude, are you just shit-disturbing?

Not trying to speak for Monte, but my understanding is that he just said they donate to the Red Flag Fund, and the RRW Action Fund. He didn't say anything about events, except that they used to support the Wegman Fund's charity events. (Used to, since the Wegman Fund is now, sort of in spirit, the Red Flag Fund.) I could be mistaken.

I saw the chest thumping on the NESBA board about how awesome you guys did at the cookoff, and yes, as a regular rider and racer at BHFs I'm grateful for the generosity of NESBA, and its members, and the addition of more airfence there. It's super cool. Truly, I am not being sarcastic in that statement of thanks. I would have gone to and checked out the cookoff had I not been at Autobahn.

Instead however, I'll be attending the track day that Tom is organizing with BHF to raise money for airfence. I also donated time and money to the Red Flag Fund auction. Because I didn't go to the cookoff and donate, does that make me not worthy of hitting the NESBA branded airfence if I'm so unfortunate as to crash and need it? It's a little irritating that suddenly I'm supposed to be ingratiating myself to NESBA just because y'all did a really nice thing. That's disingenuous generosity. I'm not saying that as an STT member, but as a rider of different orgs, and it's not directed at *you* personally, more at the attitude I've seen from other people.

I just don't understand why STT is specifically being taken to task for charitable giving, when they do in fact give back to the sport, and other charitable causes.

How about all the meanie CCS racers who grouse about all the pesky supa fast NESBA riders winning all the races at BHF? Why aren't you asking them when they're going to buy more airfence?
maybe? your missing the point, and it might seem there is some nesba people, and some STT people drama as normally it would be with 2 different type of orgs, but the fact remains aside the CHILDISH loyalty or lack there or or even etc..."its a free world do as you wish and whom you wish with"

i hope there isnt puffing up from 1 org to another on here as i wont support the forum for you or anyone else to bash each other.

ill shut both out for good and i will not tolerate issues if it got to that.

i put aisde money and perks from both these orgs to bring to them to our members for FREE to them, and FREE to you all.

so in the end, rasing money for a worthy cause is a good issue, the worse type of questioning is HOW you do it and when its questioned from others.

generosity comes from the heart, not pressure.

both STT and NESBA has charity's to give to, in the end its a good thing.

and thats what counts, not who does what and with whom.

p.s. this is a blanket statement to all and not anyone in particular.
and that's my charity to the CLSB members that tony and i give to you all, a FREE FORUM un biased of who is paying us what, and that's the way i wanna keep it. so play nice.

Last edited by Odysseys; 09-10-2008 at 05:20 PM.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
True, but given the comments on the NESBA board (where I didn't feel it was appropriate to respond) and comments on the CCS forum, and from what I remember elsewhere, this felt like you were being snarky. Not like you don't have a history of that or anything.

I'm just over hearing about it already. I didn't see Jeff gloating on every moto board about how CCS racers raised $14,000 at the RFF auction. I dunno, maybe he should.

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys View Post
maybe? your missing the point, and it might seem there is some nesba people, and some STT people drama as normally it would be with 2 different type of orgs, but the fact remains aside the CHILDISH loyalty or lack there or or even etc..."its a free world do as you wish and whom you wish with"

i hope there isnt puffing up from 1 org to another on here as i wont support the forum for you or anyone else to bash each other.

ill shut both out for good and i will not tolerate issues if it got to that.

i put aisde money and perks from both these orgs to bring to them to our members for FREE to them, and FREE to you all.

so in the end, rasing money for a worthy cause is a good issue, the worse type of questioning is HOW you do it and when its questioned from others.

generosity comes from the heart, not pressure.

both STT and NESBA has charity's to give to, in the end its a good thing.

and thats what counts, not who does what and with whom.

p.s. this is a blanket statement to all and not anyone in particular.
and that's my charity to the CLSB members that tony and i give to you all, a FREE FORUM un biased of who is paying us what, and that's the way i wanna keep it. so play nice.
+1 and theres a reason I named drama: "Drama"

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:30 PM
YO MAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony View Post
+1 and theres a reason I named drama: "Drama"

tonight he gets a slap in the head.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
True, but given the comments on the NESBA board (where I didn't feel it was appropriate to respond) and comments on the CCS forum, and from what I remember elsewhere, this felt like you were being snarky. Not like you don't have a history of that or anything.

I'm just over hearing about it already. I didn't see Jeff gloating on every moto board about how CCS racers raised $14,000 at the RFF auction. I dunno, maybe he should.
Jen – What you are referring to are character traits known as “class” and “tact”. Some have it, some learn it and some never get it.

Monte
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:43 PM

I hope I didn't come across as bashing - just annoyed. I've written several times elsewhere that I don't give a crap what org people ride with, and have grown weary of the bashing as well.

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 11:41 PM
YO MAMA

Quote:
I hope I didn't come across as bashing - just annoyed. I've written several times elsewhere that I don't give a crap what org people ride with, and have grown weary of the bashing as well.
no and please dont take my comments directed at yourself. they are my open opinions of the matter at hand.

its all good in my neighborhood.

lets all get along, thats why me and tony made so many changes for the members benifits for whom ever they patron when ever they do.

my sand box is open for anyone to play in. just be respectful is all i ask. business and members. and lets all have fun along the way.

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 06:36 AM

Well done guys and gals, this had the potential to get ugly.

Monte
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 07:58 AM
Got Milk?

Sportbike: 2007 Suzuki GSXR600
Years Riding: To much street not enough track
How you found us: A little server said HELP!!!

Can we move this out of the Sportbike Track Time subbord. It really doesnt belong here. Can it be moved to Track Talk.

Thanks

Long live the Blue Dot!!!!
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Serious inquiries only

Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Mort82
This is cool watching the shit unfold without it getting moderated.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 09:42 AM
YO MAMA

good idea i am going to move this thread.

and thank you all for keeping level heads "including myself"

i dont agree fred, it was a question directed at STT in his forum. it was the proper place for it, and also glad people have a better understanding now that it was briefly talked about and now fully understood "so in this case" its a point of reference to aid STT not hinder.

back to more important things for riders like getting more track time in before the snow hits.

post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 10:19 AM
El Burrito Volador

Sportbike: 05 GSXR600 / 04 GSXR600
Years Riding: I'm a rookie.
How you found us: NESBA

Regardless of where your loyalties lie, I think it's more important to focus on the fact that we are all doing what we can for the sport as a whole. Whether it's the Red Flag Fund, Air Fence Fund, or any other charity it all goes to everyone, not just members of this group or that group. Obviously, with as many race and track-day laps I've run at BHF, I think it's great what NESBA was able to do for our home track. Not only for its members, but all riders that turn a wheel on that track.

Maybe it's just me, but with almost a whole race season under my belt with riders from all over I've learned to appreciate the camaraderie out there, regardless of the person's opinions or views (or points lead ). In the end we're all out there doing what we love and anything anyone does to make it safer is a good thing for everyone.

Erik
05 GSXR600
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 10:24 AM
YO MAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort82 View Post
This is cool watching the shit unfold without it getting moderated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder84 View Post
Regardless of where your loyalties lie, I think it's more important to focus on the fact that we are all doing what we can for the sport as a whole. Whether it's the Red Flag Fund, Air Fence Fund, or any other charity it all goes to everyone, not just members of this group or that group. Obviously, with as many race and track-day laps I've run at BHF, I think it's great what NESBA was able to do for our home track. Not only for its members, but all riders that turn a wheel on that track.

Maybe it's just me, but with almost a whole race season under my belt with riders from all over I've learned to appreciate the camaraderie out there, regardless of the person's opinions or views (or points lead ). In the end we're all out there doing what we love and anything anyone does to make it safer is a good thing for everyone.
very well said!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode