Post Gingerman 6/13/2009 - 6/14/2009 - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Sportbiketracktime.com This forum is the Midwestern home for STT and their riders. Sportbiketracktime.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Resident Slow Guy

Sportbike: Ain't got none!
Years Riding: Since May 21, 2011
How you found us: The intarwebz

Send a message via Yahoo to ENutz
Post Gingerman 6/13/2009 - 6/14/2009

Had a fucking BLAST on my first trackday! Was a little upset that it rained for part of the day and the track was wet on the first 2 morning sessions and the first session after lunch but the weather got better at the end of the day. Especially when the day was done. Go figure. Here's how our day went:

Zero dark thirty (about 3:30am CST ): Shaugdog and I leave the Nape and make the trip out to South Haven.

Zero dark forty-five (about 4:45am CST): Drove past a freshly killed deer laying dead on the left most lane of I-94. On the shoulder was vehicle that hit said deer.

7am EST: Got to Gingerman just as the gates opened. It was cold and wet out. Looked at phone to check the weather and more rain was headed our way.

8am EST or so: Thank God for tech inspection! If it weren't for them I would have NEVER known that my right rear set was loose. Tech Inspection GOOD! Loose rear set BAD!

9am (I think. Lost track of time at this point): Got placed in group 7 of Novice group with Jen as my track coach. Awesome track coach and cool as fuck. First session was just getting to know the track so we took it slow. Track was wet, plus I had brand new Bridgestone BT016s that had not been scrubbed yet.

After each session, there was classroom instruction for the Novice group. I thought this was rather cool. I learned a lot but a lot was thrown at us at one time which required a lot of thinking while on the track which meant being slow as shit. But it was goooood.

11am - 1pm EST: It rained like a motherfucker.

1:30pm or sometime after the Intermediate and Advanced guys: 1st session after lunch and right when the rain stopped. The track was wet. I was scurred. Didn't want to bin my pretty red bike because 1) its pretty, and 2) I plan on selling the bitch to go back to a 600. That being said, I rode around the track like a bitch. In fact I was so slow that there was a control rider who took me around the track because I was going so slow. I guess he helps out the stragglers. He helped me boost my confidence in the wet though. Should also mention that Gingerman has seams all over the track which absolutely sucks cock in the wet.

Sometime in the afternoon: Rain stopped, I started to get a little more confident. In fact I got so confident that my track coach was telling me that I was leaning pretty far for the speeds we were going. She was worried that if we went any faster that I may not have anymore room to lean. So she tells me to hang my ass off the bike more. Body position was good as I was getting my head low and my shoulder on the tank but my ass cheek needed to move over too.

4:30pm or sometime around that time: Last session and it was pretty much a free for all where we could pass if we wanted to. Jen waved me to go ahead and I took off. My confidence was pretty high at this point. Sometime around the second lap I completely forgot everything I was taught and went back to my old street riding ways. I don't remember which turn it was but I turned in too early and almost cut through the apex where I believe a corner worker was standing and stood the bike up, hit the apex cone with my front wheel and came off the seat a little. It scared the shit out of me. So I took myself off the track, rode into the hot pit. Saw my group pass by on the track a couple of seconds later (that's how far I was in front of them) and got back on to the track and decided to chill out and follow them for the rest of the session.

5pm EST or sometime after: Loaded up the trailer, packed up and shot the shit with a few of the track coaches with some brews. Shortly after, Shaugdog and I headed back to the Nape.

All in all it was an awesome day. Got a little over my head at the end of the day but had the presence of mind to keep my ego in check.

So what did I learn? I learned how much I really SUCK and that I have a lot to learn about riding on the track and just riding in general.

And now a few pics that I took.

Breakfast on the go. Sugar cookies and potato chips.

Shaugdog and Gixxer

Me and my pretty red bike

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

"Nigga if you ride, nigga you gon fall!" - Katt Williams

Ashwin Gopal, David Ryan, Baby Ronin Tyler, John George, Chris Kotacka aka 'Arch', Eva Grzegorczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob, Esq. View Post
image v. substance. Some people want to be motorcyclists, others just want to be seen as motorcyclists.

Last edited by ENutz; 06-15-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 10:52 AM
G2G

Sportbike: It changes everyday
Years Riding: since 1991
How you found us: Ur mom

Looking good guys!!!!!!!!!! Glad you had fun. I was out to late on Saturday to make it to Gingerman on Sunday. I was in a BBQ rib food coma. LOL Looking forward to seeing you guys at the track!!!!
post #3 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Resident Slow Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G View Post
Looking good guys!!!!!!!!!! Glad you had fun. I was out to late on Saturday to make it to Gingerman on Sunday. I was in a BBQ rib food coma. LOL Looking forward to seeing you guys at the track!!!!
I can't wait for the next one! Hopefully you can be my CR on the next one Uncre Steve.

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

Ashwin Gopal, David Ryan, Baby Ronin Tyler, John George, Chris Kotacka aka 'Arch', Eva Grzegorczyk

Quote:
image v. substance. Some people want to be motorcyclists, others just want to be seen as motorcyclists.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:18 AM
G2G

You guys need to come to the Blackhawk farm trackday on the first of July. Me Bfly wink hix and a bunch of the other members will be CRing there.
post #5 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:32 AM

Sportbike: '03 Gsxr 1000, '04 Zuma,07 GSXR 600 trackbike
Years Riding: june 2007, since new,july '10
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to Pilotx1 Send a message via Yahoo to Pilotx1
I had a blast on my first track day on sunday. Also was in group 7 novice by my choosing though. The seams arent nearly as bad as they can be made out to be, you know they are there, and they are for the most part consistent and you dont run in them for the proper line on the track, id imagine itd be a little different wet.

Bruce317 gave me some advice before I even got there about the track about the seams which basically boiled down to cross the seam or dont, dont let the bike roll along it.(much like changing lanes around here and the canyons seperating lanes)

I learned a ton and still have tons to go about proper form and body positioning getting to watch the CRs through corner after corner.

I really liked the structure offered with the novice sessions and the lessons before and after each. The specific objectives to work on for each session were great very informative and it was easy to get feedback afterwards.

-Jason
CCS AM #31
post #6 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:33 AM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: some guy at the IBM credit union told me about it

pics from Saturday
http://gconsier.smugmug.com/gallery/8566024_xyuVm
I gave the wife a clean 4gb card - she just about filled it the first hour (i guess she likes the sport mode)

bit over a thousand unfiled pics... Find any pics of yourself or that you like you're welcome to them

Shot with a stock lens from the bleachers by our pit... more to say on the day (i just did sat) but no time right now
post #7 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:43 AM
i need a new bike, this one is trashed

Sportbike: Yammies
Years Riding: A few
How you found us: fellow rider

I had a good time riding with Bruce all day Sunday.....lots of traffic out in Intermediate but it gave me the chance to work on passing.
I liked the track quite a bit despite the seams and bumps which really were a minimal threat once you got used to them being there.

Now blackhawk on the 1st sounds awfully tempting.
post #8 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Resident Slow Guy

You guys mean Blackhawk on July 4th and 5th with NESBA right? If so, it is tempting.

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

Quote:
post #9 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:48 AM
G2G

no the 1st
post #10 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Orgynizer

Sportbike: 07 600RR
Years Riding: 8 years
How you found us: ......................

GREAT day!!!

Weather was perfect!! I was actually hot...which you don't hear me complaining about too often.

Thanks to Dave c.b. for trailering my bike....that trailer is

Nick (Grasshopper) was my CR all day.....he is an awesome teacher...again We started with 5 people in our group (group 1 in Novice) and by the afternoon it was down to 3, then 2, then just me and Nick in one session......which was FUN!!!! That was my best session of the day too

Dave put a camera on my bike but it didn't work...grrr, but Nick said he got some on video during my best session so can't wait to see...I know my upper body positioning is horrible....so working on it!

And we walked the track the night before and I was like with the seams...but if you take the right line out there you barely notice them.

My favorite turns were 1 and 2 Well I liked the whole track except 6...didn't really not like it...just went through that turn a bit slower than the rest.

Grilling for lunch FTW!!! We had a 2 hour lunch due to the "quiet time" so I got a lil tan too

We had a pretty big group all pitting together; c.b., Corey, Pat, Ashwin, Bruce, J, Jason, Chris and a few others..didn't get everyone's name.

Also good to see Mia, Dug, Jen, X, Tea and everyone from the other site

Erz.....sucks we all weren't there on the same day, next time!

But all in all a great day!!!!!!

Shelly
STT Northern Promotions Coordinator

Last edited by Evil Twin; 06-15-2009 at 03:35 PM.
post #11 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Resident Slow Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Twin View Post
GREAT day!!!

Weather was perfect!! I was actually hot...which you don't hear me complaining about too often.

Thanks to Dave c.b. for trailering my bike....that trailer is Now just gotta figure out how to get it home

Nick (Grasshopper) was my CR all day.....he is an awesome teacher...again We started with 5 people in our group (group 1 in Novice) and by the afternoon it was down to 3, then 2, then just me and Nick in one session......which was FUN!!!! That was my best session of the day too

Dave put a camera on my bike but it didn't work...grrr, but Nick said he got some on video during my best session so can't wait to see...I know my upper body positioning is horrible....so working on it!

And we walked the track the night before and I was like with the seams...but if you take the right line out there you barely notice them.

My favorite turns were 1 and 2 Well I liked the whole track except 6...didn't really not like it...just went through that turn a bit slower than the rest.

Grilling for lunch FTW!!! We had a 2 hour lunch due to the "quiet time" so I got a lil tan too

We had a pretty big group all pitting together; c.b., Corey, Pat, Ashwin, Bruce, J, Jason, Chris and a few others..didn't get everyone's name.

Also good to see Mia, Dug, Jen, X, Tea and everyone from the other site

Erz.....sucks we all weren't there on the same day, next time!

But all in all a great day!!!!!!
Next time! I want to do at least one more track day this year!

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

Quote:
post #12 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:56 AM
TMC

Sportbike: Yamaha R6, YZ250f
Years Riding: 10+
How you found us: local riders

I pretty much had a similar day to Erz on Saturday. My first track day, and I did see the deer in the left lane too!

Big difference for me was that I was in Novice group 2 with James leading the way. Decent group with good pace most of the day and at the end really picking it up some. The mid day rain really held things up for us but the last couple sessions were much better.

Great to be out there, going to be great to get back out there.

Couple shots taken by my buddy Marty who came along to check things out. He'll have many more later today.

me

Scratch the pics...forum rules don't allow it cause I've not posted enough here.

he's got some decent on track stuff that I'll post once I have it.

Troy Carter
2006 R6
2006 YZ250f
I take pictures of people.
post #13 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 12:08 PM

Sportbike: Slow
Years Riding: all of them
How you found us: a real person

Awesome weekend guys. Shelly, you are improving a lot, keep it up and be as smoooooth as possible moving around on the bike, on and off the throttle and on and off the brakes. Smooth. I do have some good footage of about 5 or 6 laps behind you.

What a turn out to! During the riders meeting when Monte had people raise their hands about first track days and first time at Gingerman, I was like "WOW". There were a lot. I guess 100 dollar track days bring people out of the woodwork.

See you guys at the track next time.

"I pity the poor people who don't ride motorcycles"
-Malcolm Smith, champion motorcycle racer

Nick
STT Staff
Midwest Division
www.sportbiketracktime.com
post #14 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 12:17 PM
G2G

maybe that is something to say about dropping the prices of the trackdays. This way you get alot of noobs interested in the sport that usually cant afford it.
post #15 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 12:23 PM

Sportbike: FZR400
Years Riding: 20+ minutes
How you found us: Sportbiketracktime.com

It really was a good weekend.

By far, the most fun I had there all weekend was riding 2-up with Supergirl on the back.
Who knew, 2-up could be so much fun...
Fack... It was even on a borrowed bike.
I need to bring a seat for the GSXR1000... But doubt my wife will ride on the back.

It was nice seeing some new faces, and old faces alike.

XIII

CCS Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus

Facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin Woodcraft Armour Bodies STT F-MC
post #16 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 12:29 PM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
Awesome weekend guys. Shelly, you are improving a lot, keep it up and be as smoooooth as possible moving around on the bike, on and off the throttle and on and off the brakes. Smooth. I do have some good footage of about 5 or 6 laps behind you.

What a turn out to! During the riders meeting when Monte had people raise their hands about first track days and first time at Gingerman, I was like "WOW". There were a lot. I guess 100 dollar track days bring people out of the woodwork.

See you guys at the track next time.
I was wanting to write you...
but today work has been punishing me for taking off Friday to get out there

First... That first session I made it out there f*cked with me something serious - Sorry about you almost getting rear ended leading me around...

I don't know what was up with the tires... Good thing I checked the pressure - 3 tire changes and I saw pressures of 72.5 (f) - 75 (f) and 65 (r) + mounting my front backwards? I guess I wasn't the only one having an off day - when I got back out for S5 (I missed 1 and 2 for first tire change - blew 3 and came back in - 4 after lunch missed due to waiting for my tire to get flipped to the correct rotation) - went back out for 5 and 6 and actually felt much better.. The wet track slowed most people up more than it did I (like I said in the other thread.. every trackday I go to is a rain day) so I was able to take a few cool laps and get a feel for it

After I pulled in from following you I was about to just hang it up...
(well not really.. but... I felt like it)

but I got back out there and it was much better..

Also.
Nick.
Seriously.
Holy shit and wtf [email protected]?#

another time on the track .. when I was going a bit better
I was stuck behind 3 bikes .. I could roll right up on them and i repeatedly had to brake mid corner but I couldn't get around the clump of them - and even if I did they would broomp right by me... So I am riding along.. you came across my outside - inside thru the next guy slid to the outside and then dived in passing the 3rd guy IN THE SAME DAMN [email protected]#!# and then that cocked over you *touched* the puddle in the apex on the last dive through
SERIOUSLY MAN it was one of the coolest things I had ever seen.. You turned 3 rolling chicanes into a fast way leaned over slalom
post #17 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 12:54 PM

Sportbike: '12 KTM 150XC
Years Riding: .
How you found us: google

Had a GREAT time on Sunday! Gingerman is definitely a blast to ride even despite the seams. Like others have mentioned, as long as you cross over them and don't ride along them, you won't even really know they're there. If STT discounts another Gingerman event like this one, I'll be there.

I had a CR following me around one session in the afternoon and afterwords he pulled me aside to comment on my riding. Said I'm definitely ready for "I" group so that really made my day. It's not something I was necessarily worried about but knew it would come when I was ready.

I already knew several of you but for those that I didn't, it was a pleasure meeting you! C.B.(Brandon?), that is one pimp trailer btw! I envy those of you that got to travel with him. Oh and Ashwin, your van sucks!

One more thing, some of you may have met Matt who came with me. He was out there all day shooting and from what I saw he got some pretty nice shots of everyone. It will take some time for him to get them posted but I'll let you all know when he does.

-Chris

Last edited by Hman675; 06-15-2009 at 12:57 PM.
post #18 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Defender of the Innocent

Sportbike: Simon and Garfunkel
Years Riding: over a decade
How you found us: YZFRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xian_13 View Post
It really was a good weekend.

By far, the most fun I had there all weekend was riding 2-up with Supergirl on the back.
Who knew, 2-up could be so much fun...
Fack... It was even on a borrowed bike.
I need to bring a seat for the GSXR1000... But doubt my wife will ride on the back.

It was nice seeing some new faces, and old faces alike.

XIII
That absolutely made my day!! Thank you so much, X! Also thanks to Jen for the boots, forgot the name for the gloves, Jeff for the helmet, and Monte and Bonnie for the bike and the suit!!

I had a lot of fun teching the bikes in the morning and watching you guys ride. I spent most of the day with Jen and X and went to visit other pits during the day.

But the best of all was the two-up. I'm still grinning from ear to ear!!

Thanks X!!!

Tea Palella
Midwest Instructor

SportbikeTrackTime - SportbikeTrackGear - SportbikeTrackGirl

IMMIGracing
CCS #56 - Arlen Ness Racing, Hindle, Silkolene, Suomy, Woodcraft, Vortex, Sharkskinz, PopShadow, TrackdayMag.com, Cyclepath Racing
ChicagoLand Bikers.com
post #19 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Boo boo kitty fuck

Sportbike: F4i
Years Riding: Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How you found us: Evil Twin

Send a message via AIM to DroppedMyWrench Send a message via MSN to DroppedMyWrench Send a message via Yahoo to DroppedMyWrench
We rolled in 2:30am Sunday morning

Tea was running track inpsection wouldn't pass my chain, it was kinking. One of the CR's (Xian_13) helped me WD40 the hell out of it, I owe you some gummy bears dude.
Thanks for looking out Tea, I'm going to buy a new chain asap & bleed 'em brakes good.

Grasshopper jumped on a lil exposed midrift in my gear & got me the hook up on a free trial Teknik size 8 2-piece leather suit
I feel so much more protected...think I'm going to start shopping for one.

It was awesome being passed by Shelly in the N session & made me feel more comfortable that Jason was riding with me...he popped his track cherry in N group 7 with me.
Track days are so much more fun when there's people out there you know.

Awesome getting to see Jen (truckstop),Mia, & Aimee
& a million thanks yous to Jason for hauling me & the bike up there at an indecent time of night
& c.b. for being the 1st to offer assistance (holy crap, you have a sweet track set up dude
Nice getting to meet Ashwin too, I'm bad with names but met lots of other cool pepes.

When are we doing it again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwlights View Post
Im bringing my gym shoes so I can surf the roof.....

ooooooo. I need a cape.
Sometimes you're the bug...sometimes you're the windshield
post #20 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 01:13 PM

Sportbike: 09 ZX6R (track) - 09 Aprilia Dorsoduro (street)
Years Riding: 4 years
How you found us: Other boards

Hey,
New to this forum but been riding with STT and NESBA for 2 years now. Had a blast on Sunday, even though I was just trying to stay alive as the slow guy during my first day in the A group.
post #21 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Defender of the Innocent

Sportbike: Simon and Garfunkel
Years Riding: over a decade
How you found us: YZFRob

J, glad to hear you had fun.
I might still have my 525 chain and some sprockets for you. I'll let you know.

Good to hear moxie

It was great seeing Dug too!! Can't wait to ride with you!! you rock!!

Tea Palella
Midwest Instructor

SportbikeTrackTime - SportbikeTrackGear - SportbikeTrackGirl

IMMIGracing
CCS #56 - Arlen Ness Racing, Hindle, Silkolene, Suomy, Woodcraft, Vortex, Sharkskinz, PopShadow, TrackdayMag.com, Cyclepath Racing
ChicagoLand Bikers.com
post #22 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Midnight Rider

Sportbike: R6 and a Z1000
Years Riding: for a bit
How you found us: random PM on sportbikes.net

I was there Sunday for my first day on the track as well, and I had a blast. The weather was absolutely perfect, and the track was pretty grippy with the sunshine all day. Gingerman isn't layed out for liter bikes, but I'm not that fast anyways :P I really want a track only 600 now. I can already hear my bank account yelling at me....

They should do more $100 track days. I think they got a lot of people there that wouldn't have come otherwise (myself included). Monte was hinting at doing it again in August, and if it happens, I'll be there. The seams aren't bad, but i'm assuming they would get a little slick in the rain.

Finally, I had an awesome time pitting with everyone and it was good to meet ya'll. Dave (c.b.) is awesome, and without him, I wouldn't have had the chance to go. I learned a lot, and I look forward to the next time! Hopefully I can get my body positioning better and pick up the pace

Here are the few pics I got, nothing really good because the track isn't great for cameras without a zoom lens. It's wide open, but there are long runoffs, so the spectator area isn't that close.

Just me.

Me, Pilot (Jason), and the only tree in the middle of the track

Shelly getting down

Fat Pat #728

If you don't like my fire, then don't come around...

Last edited by PatFitz9; 06-15-2009 at 10:21 PM.
post #23 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 02:42 PM
TMC

Sportbike: Yamaha R6, YZ250f
Years Riding: 10+
How you found us: local riders

A couple people mention the seams so here's my take.

Don't target fixate on them.

Cross them or don't just don't stay on them.

Avoid them in the rain. We rode two wet sessions Saturday and they were sketchy in the wet.

Troy Carter
2006 R6
2006 YZ250f
I take pictures of people.
post #24 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Resident Slow Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC View Post
A couple people mention the seams so here's my take.

Don't target fixate on them.

Cross them or don't just don't stay on them.

Avoid them in the rain. We rode two wet sessions Saturday and they were sketchy in the wet.
This is true. Its hard to fixate on them when you are looking through your turns. However it is hard to not notice them (i.e. feel your bike slightly slipping) when it is wet.

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

Quote:
post #25 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erz View Post
This is true. Its hard to fixate on them when you are looking through your turns. However it is hard to not notice them (i.e. feel your bike slightly slipping) when it is wet.
they reminded me a bit of the expansion strips on LSD near navy pier.. and I found myself wanting to double apex across them like railroad tracks

The most confidence inspiring thing you could do to deal with them is follow one of the CR's over them and watch them not flinch - and the realize how much easier you are being on your tires than they are...
post #26 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Resident Slow Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotgreg View Post
they reminded me a bit of the expansion strips on LSD near navy pier.. and I found myself wanting to double apex across them like railroad tracks

The most confidence inspiring thing you could do to deal with them is follow one of the CR's over them and watch them not flinch - and the realize how much easier you are being on your tires than they are...
Yup, that's what happened. One of the CRs, I don't remember his name but he had a green jersey on and a bad ass Black/Red 1098S, towed me around. It really helped me out following his line.

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

Quote:
post #27 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 03:33 PM
The apex was where?

Sportbike: '07 GSX-R 600
Years Riding: Always learning.
How you found us: A vision.

I had a great time...thanks to everyone out there. My crew: c.b. (thanks for the ride!) Evil Twin (thanks for the cooking!), Patfitz9(thanks for a great time)...also it was a hell of a lot of fun in the last session to go out with Chris (Hman675). Bruce, Ashwin, Jason, and anyone else i forgot that was up with us...it was a blast.

Dave (c.b.) I cannot thank you enough for going along the whole trip in you condition, I felt really bad that you were not able to get out there more than what you did. Hopefully you can heal up quick so we can take that pimp RV to some other tracks

Chris(Hman675): thanks for the used of your spare sliders. And letting me follow you around, at least for the few laps, until Mr. red and white gixxer told me to go down pit lane

Supergirl: I'm glad you came out, and i was able to help you get out there 2 up, I knew there was a reason i brought spare gloves.

To all the CRs: Thank you so much for all the instruction and guidance. It was all good information, that i felt i was able to implement almost immediately.

Gingerman as a whole is great in my opinion...once i stopped pussying out because of the seams, and just railed through them. The seams are only an issue if you let them be (at least dry). After i carried more speed though the turns, the track felt so much better.

Can't wait till my next trackday!

Corey aka: phkz24
NESBA "I" #24
MSF Instructor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ye Ole Book of Truth
It is easier to ask for forgiveness then for permission
Godspeed Ashwin.
post #28 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Captain Dryspell

Sportbike: 2K4 Busa / 2K9 R1
Years Riding: About that long
How you found us: What

I hate you guys
<......... jealious

Excellent write up Erz

The whole track thing has me like uhhhhgggg

Do I keep the Busa and track it (the rider makes it worthy) or trade it for a 1k or wait till next year for the S1000rr?

Do I get a trailer and attach it to my Tiburon or do I secretly use the company truck?

wish I would've went

<<< Keith

NESBA #127
post #29 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Resident Slow Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I hate you guys
<......... jealious

Excellent write up Erz

The whole track thing has me like uhhhhgggg

Do I keep the Busa and track it (the rider makes it worthy) or trade it for a 1k or wait till next year for the S1000rr?

Do I get a trailer and attach it to my Tiburon or do I secretly use the company truck?

wish I would've went
Wish you would have came out with us Keith. Had a really good time out there.

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

Quote:
post #30 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 08:15 PM

Sportbike: drz400sm
Years Riding: yes
How you found us: search engine

it was good seeing everyone on sunday. i had a great
time. see y'all at the next one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode