Video Form Analysis - One time - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Sportbiketracktime.com This forum is the Midwestern home for STT and their riders. Sportbiketracktime.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: some guy at the IBM credit union told me about it

Video Form Analysis - One time

Sorry.. Just playing with the title of the epic thread a bit...

Actually made it onto the track Sunday for the Autobahn South day..

My friend has been working on his form lately and I made a couple videos following him around for a session... Before anyone says he is slow.. He backed the speed off a bit to work on his form.

Yeah.. My lines were.. sweeping to say the least.. I wasn't pushing it and I was concentrating more on keeping the video right than outright speed...

So while anyone is free to critique my riding on this, that's not the point of this.. Wanted to post this up for my bud.. Eventually someone will get a camera pointed at my rear end as it ambles it's way around a track.. then it's fair game

I am actually going to post up the links to the videos so they can be annotated if any of the CR types want to point anything out.. Supergirl I know he worked with you last, he told me he was working on the things you gave him to work on... I did the video so he could see how it was coming along

oh yea... sorry about the big dark spot on the top left ... appears my camera killed a yellow jacket and it kind of... stuck around a bit.. right on the lens

link to annotate is here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR7vN...dce2a765c6ac05

annotations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol3_X...17c0633a170b28

(I grassed it in the end of this one after a stupid pass while chasing a grasshopper )

Thanks in advance.
Imagine I might have a couple of you guys on there as well.. Was an afternoon I session... I was the "sparky" guy on the SV

Last edited by iamnotgreg; 09-07-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 12:20 AM
lust for bikes!

Sportbike: a prostitute
Years Riding: a prostitute
How you found us: a prostitute

whoa im in the beginning of the first vid. im the dude behind the cr. did i meet u there sun?

"Why are all these people here? There are too many people on this earth. We need a new plague…"

"Thats it, nobody gets out of here alive."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobbins View Post
I agree completely with Steve (nouseforaname)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 11:02 PM

Sportbike: Slow
Years Riding: all of them
How you found us: a real person

I thought you were riding quite well. If you would have looked through that corner you for sure would have made it.

"I pity the poor people who don't ride motorcycles"
-Malcolm Smith, champion motorcycle racer

Nick
STT Staff
Midwest Division
www.sportbiketracktime.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: some guy at the IBM credit union told me about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
I thought you were riding quite well. If you would have looked through that corner you for sure would have made it.
I know
I was going nowhere near to fast for it.. even way wide like that...
but I came around and I caught what looked like a glimpse of that guy right there next to me.... I figured I had a better chance of grassing it and coming back on than banging into him.. I didn't want to take him down....

That plus I was a bit afraid to square the corner too hard.. I had been banging my pegs down through a # of corners not leaning over anywhere near what I thought was far... Even with the feelers off and the preload upped.. I was afraid squaring the corner too hard might put hard parts down in such a way that they'd be followed by other hard parts... and then crunchy parts

I have a rather sordid history with that corner... That wasn't the first.. or the second time I went through that lawn

I was actually hoping that this would be beneficial for my bud who I was following... Having someone tell you "get off more" is helpful.. but being able to see it and have them show you and point to (or in this case.. virtually point?) out different lines, braking, position.. etc... It was kind of the point of me following him around with the cam...

Not that I am trying to be Mr Instructor here - I know I have a looooong way to go and a lot to do before that's a possibility...

He isn't a frequent poster here, but he has been a member for a while... Figured I'd email him the thread if anything of substance came up...

So if you're bored.. Or perhaps Tea (as he was working the things she gave him to work on) --- It'd be pretty cool if you could comment here - or conversely.. even note up the video (i included the link that provides access to write directly on the video)

My buddy did that for my Dads videos at ACC N in his Lotus.. and he found it really helpful.. I can't wait to go back with him and try it again

btw - thanks for the compliment.. i was just trying to keep it smooth and rubbery side down.. being a street bike and all.. and trying to get my woman out there.. crashes would have extra consequences for me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode