Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

To the morons eastbound on I90 tonight...

1K views 30 replies 24 participants last post by  shadrach 
#1 ·
...that was the worst display of group riding I have ever witnessed.

I was caging it into the city tonight on I90, and at ~9PM about 2 miles from Ohio about 40 sportbikes passed me. Traffic was quite thick and these idiots were lane splitting on both sides, on shoulders, cutting cars off by 1-2 feet. Then they lined up across all four lanes and blocked traffic for about 2 minutes before ripping off again. Just plain horrible. I ran out of fingers counting how many laws these idiots broke.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't anyone this board as the helmet+Tshirt seemed to be the standard issue gear. Lots of neon-lit license plates as well. But if any members 'were' in that group....:nutkick:

#3 ·
Someone wrecked at the 290/thorndale exit (west bound thorndale). I came off there about 9:45pm. There was sand in the far outside lane, a squad or two, and a flat bed with a bike in tow.

Earlier, while at portillo's, a number of squads came through heading north as well as a meat wagon.

Must let nature do its thing.....

#10 ·
Yeah i just drove past that on my way home. This is going to be a year filled with idiots and amatures. Everyone i know is buying a bke to save on gas, then they roll of the lot on a gsxr 1stack and expect to "save money"... My favorite is when they say they got it becuase they "like the way it looks". They'll be flat in a week or two.

#13 ·
LOL this is funny shit probably the same dumb shits in Chicago cycle today when i was picking up a part i ordered.

#21 ·
Was this the group that did the Lower Wacker Drive ride after Portillo's? I was wanting to go but if this was the group that went, I'm glad I passed on going with a bunch of riders I didn't know. It sounded like a fun ride, so hopefully we can do it as a group cruise sometime instead of the noob race around the cars...

#23 ·
no that was a different group. and it contained a lot of common clsb members. the ride looked the same as described in the first post though...but riders had more gear on. thats about the only difference.

i dont understand what everyones obsession is with trying to die. yeah its fun to run through traffic like its a video game but at some point its gonna catch up to you.

#26 ·
thats the crash with the jacked fedex truck and the flatbed behind it with what looked like a gixxer standing up on the back, i rolled past it adn the cops were still on the way to it coming in the opposite direction of my travel at 10pm (i was headed towards sow from portillos.). I dont think the bike was involved as it was very neatly strapped to the truck rather than on its side as ive seen before with a crashed bike

#27 ·
Sad thing is..... while these guys are out doing their thing, recklessly
endangering themselves and others, breaking a multitude of traffic
laws and generally pissing off the motoring public they are **ALSO**
fucking it up for the rest of us.

Nice move fucktards !

So when the cop pulls you over for riding a sportbike and busts you for
your relocated plate....even though you tried to do it "legally", when your
insurance rates go through the roof, when the legislate helmet use, when
they crack down on *any* sportbike that's even 5mph over, when the car
drives ignore you and cut you off....... When they make 170 HP
motorcycles Illegal to own at all.

Thank these guys. :eek:kfucktard:

This behaivior is not without it's cost...... even if you don't crash.

Tom

#31 ·
Sad thing is..... they are **ALSO**
fucking it up for the rest of us.

Nice move fucktards !
Exactly. Witnessing the behaivor from the viewpoint of a cage just pissed me off more, as I see how stupid these assholes are, while the rest of us then get lumped into the same 'group'. Guilt by association.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.