Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Shoulder surgery tomorrow

811 views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  Kneeinpain 
#1 ·
Jim, Jeff, Ken, Champ, Lupi, et al - have fun at Blackhawk this coming weekend. I go under the knife tomorrow (rotator cuff). If all goes well, I hope to be back before the end of the season (If for no other reason than to give Jim a spankin' at the track :laughing :laughing )

Now, I wonder how this is going to affect my Major League pitching career ? :laughing

#3 ·
Sorry to hear about the shoulder. I had heard you were giving up some track days but I didn't know why. A guy I work with just had the surgery last week but it sounds like his was more severe since his doctor told him golf was out until spring. His shoulder is immobilized for 6 weeks.

Good luck and I'll send a postcard from Grattan.

#7 ·
dam tom, that sucks, hope all goes well. how long will you be out? thinking putnum huh? well i to will send post cards from black hawk, grattan,black hawk, barber?(what did i say barber):twofinger

dont worry ill take it easy on you when you come back,

:twofinger

#9 ·
did you hurt yourself riding or from MLB:D

let me know how it goes cause i elected to not get the surgery and mri.

I hurt my rotator cuff in march, skiing and its still in bad shape
I can only ride for about an hour before my shoulder starts to bother me.

I've been told to go to this chiropractor out in naperville who supposedly waves his magic wand to fix people.

#11 ·
akumaR6 said:
did you hurt yourself riding or from MLB:D

let me know how it goes cause i elected to not get the surgery and mri.

I hurt my rotator cuff in march, skiing and its still in bad shape
I can only ride for about an hour before my shoulder starts to bother me.

I've been told to go to this chiropractor out in naperville who supposedly waves his magic wand to fix people.

No, I've got a bone spur that's been sticking into my rotator cuff for some time now. I was trying to put off the surgery untill after the season, but they won't give me any more cortizone shots.

It's arthroscopic, so I'm hopeful it won't be too bad. :rolleyes

Let you know when the drugs wear off.... :laughing

#20 ·
Vcook said:
good luck Tom, and i hope its not your jerkin' arm cause that would make it even worse!
Fortunately Chris, it's my left shoulder. :p

It is about 1:30 a.m. as I type this (with one hand). Drugs wore off and it's getting tough to sleep. Surgery ended up being more exstensive than I'd hoped for. I had actually harbored hopes of going to Barber in September. :rolleyes Now the only barber I'll be going to is the one that cuts hair.

Thanks for all the well wishes from everone. Actually, I only posted this thread because I knew I wouldn't be around for a while didn't want you guys to think I just wasn't showing up for events.

Speaking of which, is anybody racing at BHF in the near future? Maybe I could come out with a case of "cool beverage" to hand out after the race. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.