Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

WTF- License Plates

2K views 40 replies 22 participants last post by  Paladin 
#1 ·
:laughing

http://www.wxii12.com/news/16699280/detail.html

RALEIGH -- Thanks to some text message-savvy grandchildren, North Carolina drivers whose license plates have the potentially offensive "WTF" letter combination can replace the tags for free.

The News & Observer of Raleigh reported Tuesday the state Division of Motor Vehicles has notified nearly 10,000 holders of license plates with the letter combination.

Officials learned last year the common acronym stands for a vulgar phrase in e-mail and cell phone text messages.

The DMV recently realized the same letters appeared on the sample license plate on its own Web site. Officials are trying to remove the plate from the site.

DMV officials got word of the plates last July when a 60-year-old technology teacher from Fayetteville complained about the plate after her teenage grandchildren clued her in.

DMV officials said they try to keep up with the latest acronyms, and that anyone who has an issue with their plate can contact their local DMV office to request a new one.

See less See more
#4 ·
:doh

The article also comes complete with "20 Internet Acronyms Parents Should Know" now this deserves a big "WTF." Maybe I'm too old or maybe I just don't IM enough, but I swear I have never heard of any of these. And some of them are shocking. Who says to someone "GYPO!!" :laughing Oh yeah...what a turn on... "He told me to GYPO and next thing you know I am like totally in love with him" :rolleyes

POS
PIR
P911
PAW
PAL
ASL
MorF
SorG
LMIRL
KPC
TD2M
IWSN
NIFOC
GYPO
ADR
WYCM
KFU
MOOS
MOSS
NALOPKT

#11 ·
someone want to urbandictionary those and post up, I had no idea of any of those

#33 ·
Figures. It's those damned republicans all up in a twist over nothing again, banning this, and banning that.

Next they're gonna ban license plates altogether because eventually everything will become offensive.

... wait ...

Hey, I love those republicans! I won't have to pay for plates any more!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.