Suggestion: Fallen Friends Forum - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Chicagolandsportbikes Comments and Suggestions Comments or feedback on the site? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Slow Old Guy.

Sportbike: Inline Two Wheeled
Years Riding: Since the beginning of time
How you found us: Dan Ortega sent me

Suggestion: Fallen Friends Forum

Tony,

I think it would be great if we had a Fallen Friends forum (or some other name). This would be designed to include notifications of anyone that has fallen (crashed), gotten hurt, or worse.

I think it would be great for the threads of this type to be all in the same area, even if we could grab the older ones and move them there. Folks I think need a central place to go and get updates on friends, and for new riders, they can see the seriousness of the sport, and the ramifications of gear/no gear, and all of the other issues that come up in these types of threads.

Not sure what to name it, but it would also include things like funeral trips, etc... Fallen Friends to me means that they got hurt or worse. (not lost)

I think that our friends deserve a forum of their own, and I hope that it not only helps people find info faster, but it also serves as a reminder to those that need to know, and a place where we can go and find out about past (lost) members).

Note: I did research on YTRAP after I joined (he was already gone) to learn more about this great guy that everyone was talking about.

Just a thought,

===========
Great Quote - One would think that the Secret Service was smart enough to get serviced secretly.

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Orgynizer

Sportbike: 07 600RR
Years Riding: 8 years
How you found us: ......................

Great idea Brian!!

+1

Shelly
STT Northern Promotions Coordinator
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:33 PM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

I like idea, but don't like that it's even necessary

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach View Post
+1

I dont like the message it sends either.

Chris
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
Good intent, seems a bit morbid though

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Wooohooo

Sportbike: 2007 GSXR-600K7
Years Riding: Year 3
How you found us: This isn't where I parked my car.

Send a message via AIM to XxMarsxX Send a message via MSN to XxMarsxX
I think it's a good idea. It's not a safe sport and it's a good wake up call and reminder.

-Mo
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:40 PM
freaking newbies, man there slow, ha ha ha

Sportbike: Daytona 675
Years Riding: fucking up peoples lives since 1986
How you found us: SBN

Actually, if it could be an obscure sub forum, and the threads there do not show on the front page, or with any searches, that would be ok.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Slow Old Guy.

Sportbike: Inline Two Wheeled
Years Riding: Since the beginning of time
How you found us: Dan Ortega sent me

Not intended to be morbid at all. More to provide a centralized location for info, and not to make it just an Open Forum message.

Remember also, that my thought is not for it to be just about those that have passed, but for those like BFLY that broke their back, Hexraptor hurt his hand, redwings crash, pcohen... etc....

This was just initial thoughts, and of course, can only get better with input on how NOT to make it a morbid forum.

===========
Great Quote - One would think that the Secret Service was smart enough to get serviced secretly.

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Ninja Kick!

Sportbike: 09 R6 09, RS125
Years Riding: Not enough
How you found us: Spongebob

Just make it members only viewable. Less probs with Google or Insurance that way.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 01:05 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

personally these are my thoughts. we all know this hobby could lead to death and or injury.

CLSB trys to promote safe habits to the point learn from our mistakes, or learn from our example. regardless of age or skill level accidents happen. some from stupidity, some out of couldn't avoid the accident, and some it was purely nothing i could have done different.

bad things happen, they happen in normal life they happen when you push extremes. the thought of having a forum dedicated to injured riders or riders that have past is a emotional one that is a "push" to see. mind you i feel when someone gets hurt we care for them we try to help as a CLSB family we hope and pray and help them back on there feet with who ever and what ever we can help with.

when someone passes the hurt, the emotion, the family's the friends, we as CLSB friends and members morn them, we remember them, and when the pain is gone we try to move pass it all, but yet remember our friends. wither it be this site or in our personal hearts THATS where they are.

gear or no gear things happen, its how we ride, it how we teach or show from exaxmple or at the least try to inform or even hard love to prove a point something can and most times WILL happen. its just when.

i am a very caring person 1 to the point i dont like dealing with deaths or injurys of friends. i help what i can i do what i can i pass along what i know of this hobby and so forth. the real issue is not a forum of people who got hurt or people that died.

we do all we can, i do what i can, and everyone knows IF something happened to someone they can call me or get a hold of someone to call me hundreds of people know my # also i am not the only one for a lead to start to find something out. ask any one of the moderators also or tony and we will try to help. thats why i push so hard for each member to leave a # in there private profile that one the mods or owners see in case we need to get info to help someone or let the familys know.

i cant talk to much more i need to get back to work, and ill also make some new threads for contacting me and or the mods in case of an emergency.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 04:49 PM
See ya Illinois

Sportbike: 2005 GSXR 600 Black & Silver
Years Riding: Since 2005
How you found us: iwon search

The only bad thing i see is over time, as we watch the list grow, we might not want to ride anymore.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 05:07 PM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

This has been discussed a few times over the years. For my two cents, I prefer that these threads run their course in the Open Forum. CLSB is one big disfunctional family, and the Open Forum is the proper place for all of us to be notified, and kept abreast of things - positive, and negative.

Tragedy affects everyone, and I would not like to see these topics discussed in some obscure forum - where they could be ignored by those that might learn something.

For topics related to our members, friends, and families- the Open Forum is IMO the proper place.

For the seasonal "someone we don't know met their maker in an unfortunate act of stupidity" threads... I would prefer they not wind up on here at all.

When I joined the board, a very tough story was unfolding about a member named YZFRabbit. Had his thread been buried someplace, I may have overlooked it in favor of more positive reinforcement. Instead - I followed along in the struggles and triumphs and desperation with everyone else...and found myself riding with more focus and patience as a result.

I feel that all members, new and old alike deserve the same opportunity to see the capacity of CLSB. The concern, kindness, and empathy of our great little community are never more evident than in times of need. To bury that in some specific place would be a disservice.

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
This has been discussed a few times over the years. For my two cents, I prefer that these threads run their course in the Open Forum. CLSB is one big disfunctional family, and the Open Forum is the proper place for all of us to be notified, and kept abreast of things - positive, and negative.

Tragedy affects everyone, and I would not like to see these topics discussed in some obscure forum - where they could be ignored by those that might learn something.

For topics related to our members, friends, and families- the Open Forum is IMO the proper place.

For the seasonal "someone we don't know met their maker in an unfortunate act of stupidity" threads... I would prefer they not wind up on here at all.

When I joined the board, a very tough story was unfolding about a member named YZFRabbit. Had his thread been buried someplace, I may have overlooked it in favor of more positive reinforcement. Instead - I followed along in the struggles and triumphs and desperation with everyone else...and found myself riding with more focus and patience as a result.

I feel that all members, new and old alike deserve the same opportunity to see the capacity of CLSB. The concern, kindness, and empathy of our great little community are never more evident than in times of need. To bury that in some specific place would be a disservice.

Couldn't have been put any better.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 08:15 AM
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach View Post
agree

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode