Chicagoland Sportbikes - View Single Post - Motorcyclist killed by woman
Chicagoland Sportbikes

View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 04:10 AM
Busa07

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.B.A.T.E. View Post
We need a little help here, here is what we have so far. What we are looking for is the info on the woman so we can put a letter together for the State's Attorney's Office. Thanks for any help on this.

Police: Motorcyclist killed as car runs stop sign
THE BLOTTER
6:44 AM CDT, June 6, 2008

A motorcyclist was killed Thursday afternoon when his
sport bike slammed into a car that police said ran a
stop sign on Chicago's Northwest Side.

The accident happened shortly before 3 p.m. in the
7400 block of West Addison Street in the Belmont
Heights neighborhood, Officer John Henry said.

John Boria, 30, was riding a 2002 Suzuki motorcycle
westbound on Addison when a 2003 Subaru ran a stop
sign on Osceola Avenue and the bike crashed into it,
Henry said.

Boria, of the 3600 block of North Potomac Avenue, was
taken to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park
Ridge, where he was pronounced dead at 9:08 p.m.
Thursday, a spokesman for the Cook County medical
examiner's office said. An autopsy was scheduled for
Friday morning.

No one else was hurt in the crash, Henry said. He
could not say if Boria was wearing a helmet.

The 38-year-old Chicago woman driving the Subaru was
ticketed for running the stop sign, Henry said.

I was one of the people in the operating room where John was being treated for his injuries that resulted from this crash and we did everything to try and save his life (for about 4 hrs). It was hurting me inside hearing his mother screem and watching his brother try to touch John's blood on the floor. I have been following this story since. Unfortunately I do not have any info about the woman that ran the stop sign. When they bring a trauma into our OR they tell us only as much as we must know so we can treat the patient.
It made me sick when I read that all she got was a ticket. She did not see what she did, we did. They should have brought her into the OR so she can watch how strangers give everything they can to keep him alive and to realize what she did cannot be undone. How can she sleep at night?

To John's brother: He heard as we whispered "Bulldog" into his ear, I am sure of that.
To John's Lady: I am sure that John is the love of your life and I feel for you. Remember his face and pray for him. He knows when you do.
To John's Mother: Do not cry for him, he would not want you to be sad. Think of all the times you got to spend with him, think of all the memories he left behind.

I swear to you all we did everything we can. Even after it was clear that he was gone we kept trying and trying. God had decided.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome