Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

New Metallica song released

1K views 37 replies 22 participants last post by  Sku110ne 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Cyanide is also out. If you have XM... Channel 51 is playing nothing but Metallica. Old, new, good, bad, and some interview snippets between songs.

#6 ·
+1

Total piece of shit song.

Ever watch "Some Kind of Monster"? They should have called it quits and lavished in their handsome royalties twenty years ago. Maybe started another band with other people instead of hiring a shrink for the studio. What a bunch of arrogant, laughable twats.

#15 ·
i wont buy anything or even bother listening to there new stuff.

as said, that band is over, the last CD i have of them is the S&M and that will be the last.

during that and after that, they killed my enjoyment of tracking there progress.

now i live in the past thrashing my bald head to there music trying to forget the shit they did and spewed.

#17 ·
Old School fan here, I have a hard time w/the new stuff but would be game to seeing them again should they pass through... Some of the new songs reminded me of Ride the Lightning in a way....

#21 ·
There is no doubt the old Metallica is good stuff. Justice was the last album I bought from them and it was my last. They went way to mainstream after that album and to be honest they became overly opinionated A-holes. Specifically, Lars.

Would I like to see them again? Yes, but only if they stuck to playing songs off their first three albums only and playing in a small venue....

The last concert I saw them play live was the black album tour and it was like a three ring circus. James jumped on drums for a while.. they started switching instruments :laughing: = LAME - I vowed never to see them again unless someone gave me free tix. Give me back the old Metallica, playing at UIC Pavillion, or the Aragon ballroom.

#33 ·
I'm diggin the new stuff.

My Apocalypse almost insantly reminded me of old Metallica, while The Day That never Comes has alot fo the traits of New Metallica that I like.

Personally, I like it that they've expanded, experimented and given us something different. If I want to listen to Ride The Lightning, I'd rather listen to that and not some rehashed version of it. :rockin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.