Anamosa Vintage Rally Jun 3-5 - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Antique, Classic & Vintage Bikes This forum is for discussion of really old stuff.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!

Anamosa Vintage Rally Jun 3-5

The National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa Iowa is holding their Vintage rally on June 3, 4, and 5 in Anamosa Iowa. Link: http://www.nationalmcmuseum.org/even...age-rally.aspx.

I can only make it out there on Friday June 3 so I plan to rendevous with any riders who would like to ride with me in DeKalb for breakfast at 7 AM. We'll take I 88 to near the Quad Cities and head north to 64...cross the river to Iowa 64 and take that right into Anamosa (the map says it's curvey and scenic).
I need to be back in Chicago for a wedding on Saturday so I'll be heading home in the late afternoon/early evening with the idea of getting back about sundown.
If anyone has Friday off or can play hooky and wants to ride along and take in the rally for the day you would be welcome. Post up if you want to go and when the plans are firmed up with the exact time and place of the rendevous I'll post them here.
This is being planned as rain or shine ride unless the weather is extreme or severe...so, pack for foul weather and we should have great weather because the only time you need foul weather gear is when you don't have it with you!

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Evil Moderatrix

Location: Think corn and pigs. Lots and lots of corn and pigs.
Location: Think corn and pigs. Lots and lots of corn and pigs.
Sportbike: A Big Blue One, a threesome of Sexy Red Ones - and a Happy Yellow One!
Years Riding: Quarter century.
How you found us: I was looking for Jimmy Choo's in my shoe closet.

Send a message via AIM to KBOlsen
Dammit, Jim - Anamosa is 15 minutes from me. If I leave straight from work I can be there by 5:30...

Kim
CCS AM #815 - the cute, fuzzy, yellow, spoiled-rotten half of Team Duc Tape!
I break stuff
Duck, duck, duck, GUZ!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Our launch time for home would have to be about 5 PM, Kim.... but as it stands now this may not happen. Of the 3 responses I've had (none from CLSB) one has had to cancel and the other 2 have backed off to very iffy maybe's...it's too long a haul and too long a day to make it any fun solo.
My Guzzi ridin' cousin and I have already talked about doing the museum on a Saturday before Summer is out...so maybe in the near future.

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Sadly, the wheels fell off this ride because of a lack of participants. I will be plannning a possible weekend trip to the Anamosa museum later in the riding season. I'll keep CLSB posted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode