Legends of Chicagoland Motorcycle Racing Brunch - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Antique, Classic & Vintage Bikes This forum is for discussion of really old stuff.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!

Legends of Chicagoland Motorcycle Racing Brunch

Since this is about history and old bikes, I put it in the antique and vintage forum.

The Annual Legends of Chicagoland Motorcycle racing Brunch is once again going to be held on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, November 30 at the Best Western Hillside (formerly the Hillside Holiday Inn) from 10 AM until 3 PM.
This is an annual gathering of several generations of local motorcycle racing talent, many of whom have distinguished themselves nationally and internationally. Everyone is welcome and all facets of motorcycle competition is celebrated. The event is also open to racing fans who have enjoyed the show over the years.
Each year we have several interesting racing motorcycles on display and many bring photo's and scrapbooks and memorabilia to share. Everyone is encouraged to bring their motorcycle racing memories to share. If you have an interesting bike you'd like to display, please contact me...space is limited.
We have many surprises happen every year, with special guests and unexpected stars of racing who just show up. We always have a great time telling stories and filling in the blanks on some of the legendary tales of great races.
If you remember flat track and TT races at Santa Fe Speedway, or the Road Races at the Meadowdale track in Carpentersville...the Cowpasture scrambles track in McHenry or the Turtle Park MX track in Elkhorn... The Ice races at Mineola Bay on Fox Lake...Or maybe the Summer Bummer enduro in Roselawn Indiana through the nudist colony or the sounds and smells of a pushrod dragbike at Great Lakes Dragaway...Or...If these are just places and events that you've only heard of and would like to meet the racers who actually lived through it and hear first hand accounts of what it was like... Hear from the horses mouth about the rich motorcycle racing history of Chicagoland...The Legends of Chicagoland Motorcycle Racing Brunch is for you.
Advance tickets are $30 or $35 at the door...advance is highly recommended as seats are limited and we would hate to turn anyone away.
If you are interested in attending...PM or email me and I will get all the info to you.

OTB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 06:50 AM
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
holy cool stuff!

Man i dont think i can make it but i wish i could! my car club has been working on helping save Medowdale Raceway and i remember going to Santa Fe Speedway when i was a kid.

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!

Every year we have alot of fun bench racing and with some very special guests. As of now I have Jeff Fredette, multi time ISDE medalist and Ice racer extraordinaire, plus Brice Copper, 2008 AHRMA Truxton Cup Champ and Speed TV motorcycle racing reporter/commentator confirmed. I tentatively have T.C Christianson, 1970's era drag racer who raced a multi engine Norton known as "Hogslayer" and beat the Harley guys quite regularly and not to mention all the old flat trackers from Santa Fe Speedway and all the tales of Springfield, Daytona, Peoria, Meadowdale ... So if you've been thinking about attending, or if it slipped your mind...here's a bump to remind you.
I hope to see some CLSBer's there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode