Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

speaking of crashing......

510 views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Bug 
#1 ·
Here are some interesting crash facts to get your mind off of the crashing economy.....

MC crash stats

#4 ·
wow the stats wouldn't be so high if people wouldn't buy the biggest engine bike they can afford for their mid-life crisis, with little to no previous experience.

Not saying that is the only thing increasing the number, as they show increases across the board, but the largest increases were in the 1000cc+ range with age 40+

One thing i wish they could factor in is who was at fault...i bet the amount of car and bike crashes has also increased at about the same rates or more.

#15 ·
I'll wait until I'm 40, then get the boss hog and take up poker runs. Lol.

On another note, I put on 8k on my Busa since November of last year. I ride once a day, and I RARELY ever see any sport bikes around here. I see about 100 cruisers a day though.

Really reinforces the fact that most sportbike owners are a bunch of curb posers. Guy across the street has a CBR that I've seen him ride once around the block, guy next to me has an R6 that he has ridden maybe 3 times for under an hour or less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.