Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Pinky down! And meets Ronald McDonald!

2K views 49 replies 43 participants last post by  stumbl1 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that my Rachel went down today, right off 355 and Butterfield Road. We were a block away from Hooters when a small SUV cut in our lane, nearly hitting me from the side and causing her to crash into them. She went down, her helmet hit the pavement pretty but thank God she was wearing a helmet so she's okay. She got shaken up pretty badly because I think the fall was pretty bad. When the ambulance came they thought she should get a catscan and an x-ray, and she refused it so I stepped in and made her go.

She went to the hospital in the ambulance, and I waited for the police report and the tow truck to get there. By the time I got there, I knew she was okay by the way she was using four letter words and holding her helmet with a tear in her eye.

Here's some pics:

Not for the queezy:

And for the MONEY SHOT!!!

See less See more
#16 ·
First off, I am glad your ok and hope you get well soon.
Secondly, make sure you take pic's of the bruising and the gear, and keep a diary of what happened and your ability to function normally for the next couple of weeks as well as pain. Give me a call or another attorney a call and don't make any statements to the insurance company (written or over the phone, and don't sign anything) until you have spoken to an attorney. If you need or want to talk about what to do and what not to do to protect yourself from the insurance company i'd be happy to talk to you at no charge...

#22 ·
Dude, that is so cool for you to offer help to her. I know that I have had my share of incidents and usually feel clueless as to who to talk to or what to do about it, besides the typical stuff. Very nice of you.
And I hope this incident doesnt keep Pinky from ridding again. I ride alot with my girl and would probably be in jail by now if something like this happened to her.

#20 ·
Sorry to hear about the wreck. Glad your in one piece. I'll have to check out the bike tomorrow since it's at my storage lot. If you need help getting the bike out if they don't total it pm me and I can help you get it out of there if you don't have a truck or trailer.

#23 ·
Damn Rachel....I know you wanted to see me and all :lmao: but you didn't have to ride all fast :laughing: :laughing: j/k

Glad you are ok for the most part....the bike can always be fixed!!

Let me know if you need anything!

#26 ·
it seems like there's more close calls and incidents as the weather turns cold as bikes are more scarce and cagers don't expect to see them as they do in the summer months when they're plentiful, typically.

glad to hear you're ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.