Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

we need to liven up bike night, help pick a route.

2K views 68 replies 22 participants last post by  Vcook 
#1 ·
i dont know about you guys, and its always cool to meet new people and talk with our friends, but ill be honest, after an an hour i get bored if i am not doing nothing, and well going to naperville to hang out some more, is kinda boring too the eye candy is nice, but i think it would be cool to do a ride afterwards.

this ride needs to be posted with directions, and such CAUSE new or old members 60-70 bikes, following in traffic and lights, we are bound to get seperatted.

so if this sounds cool to you, help me with ideas where to ride too, and the final end spot.

i dont care about THIS ride after bike night about people or the cops knowing EXACTLY our route, cause we shouldnt be fucking around no way, with a group that size or new people in it.

so if someone screws off be ready to face the cops, or US if someone gets out of line.

dont ya think its a good idea?

i mean we still meet from 6-8pm and around 8:15 we all go on a ride, and since the directions will be posted there isnt a need to hurry or run lights or wait for people to much cause they will catch up at one point and we will still see each other at the end, and its cool as hell when we come thundering down the road in such a group:cheers

help me pick some spots to ride to afterwards will ya.

See less See more
#27 ·
Ken,

As I live in the city...I am all for going downtown. I think ending up at Grant Park is ideal (On Columbus street facing Buckingham fountain). I am not certain that the planetarium would be an ideal spot to chill out for awhile. It's not terribly convenient to get too and there are cops who cruise the U-strip often (even though we're pretty well behaved...they'll get sick of it after awhile because we don't look family oriented). However, I don't know of a good route to downtown from Strats. I just know how to get to/fro there from 290 which is not the most exhilirating of rides (even at a slower pace). I always thought taking the North route and heading down LSD was pretty good. And it's a route most of us have done before and are familiar with...so probably a good "pilot" if you will.

#30 ·
Odysseys said:
do we get discounts on food if we hang out there?

plus we still have to check the place out for a HANG OUT.

but this is for a ride again guys, after bike night.
we are already eating at strats.
provided we can get a group of 25+, everyone from CLSB will get 25% off food.

keep it in mind for a future ride...

perhaps we could all start at Strats, then group-ride up to Luke's for a pit-stop to meet with any northsiders and continue riding from there.

there are some niiiice roads up this way... :)

#34 ·
i say we even check this place out this week if you guys like?

25% discounts, good food? helping out a members b/f sounds liek somthing good to me. besides, its always good to try new places.

someone find the best easyest route there from starts and have it ready by wensday, ill be there on time, if that freaking traffic school runs on time.

#35 ·
Odysseys said:
i say we even check this place out this week if you guys like?

25% discounts, good food? helping out a members b/f sounds liek somthing good to me. besides, its always good to try new places.

someone find the best easyest route there from starts and have it ready by wensday, ill be there on time, if that freaking traffic school runs on time.
that would be very cool.

i just talked to Chris (the one with the cagiva) and he said that he can get a route set up from Strat's. he also has some suggestions for a post-Luke's ride.

he'll be at Strats if you need him to lead.

Ken, PM Chris and he can give you the directions if you need them before wednesday.

#37 ·
Theres no way that can become the weekly bike night spo, thats like 2 hours north of here. But for an after ride cruisr that would be cool.

Lets not open up the abandon strats talk again. that is a pain in the ass and always ends up in an argument. No the foods not that great, but its bike night, not fine dining.

#44 ·
holy shit, thats a haul, well maybe we can do it like once a month or somthing to get the north side and south side people all together, call it the LALA PALUSA GRAND C.L.S.B. NITE OF GATHERINGS.

i think it could work once a month no problem.

well see.

#45 ·
Ken:

It's Chris here - I'm a memeber and have been to Strats two or three times. I can make it from Strats to Lukes in under 25 minutes, but if we had a large group it would take about 30 minutes. If we left Strats at 7:30, I would suggest taking Rt. 64 to Old 53 North to Army Trail, then west to 355, then north on 355 to 90, then 90 out to Rt. 25, then north on Rt. 25 for about
3 miles, and you are there.

The route I just suggested has minimal stop lights, and only one toll when you get off of route 25.

From Lukes, if you pick up some northsiders, there is a butt load of nice curvy roads just west of Carpentersville. I would be willing to make a detailed list of roads to hit after we leave Lukes - ranging anywwhere from 30 - 70 miles. Let me know.

Thanks

#49 ·
logtar said:
If we head out of Strats at 7:30, we should hit Carpenters around 8:15...
There is a lot of people that get to Strats late. By leaving early, you might be discouraging people from coming out at all. I usually roll in between 7:15 and 8PM and I like to hang for an hour. If people leave Strats as I get there, I will probably stop coming out.

#51 ·
VIVID1 said:
There is a lot of people that get to Strats late. By leaving early, you might be discouraging people from coming out at all. I usually roll in between 7:15 and 8PM and I like to hang for an hour. If people leave Strats as I get there, I will probably stop coming out.
I agree. If this turns out to be strictly a ride night I probably won't show up that much myself. We've been through this before. Strats is a good meeting spot. It's in the middle. I come to talk to people face to face there. There is no substitute for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.