Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Photo Challenge #25 - Street Candid shots

1K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  samal 
#1 · (Edited)
R U L E S:- The host gives you a topic of interest and you get going. You post ONE image (only first image by one person will be judged) that is relevant to the challenger theme. You can change your image as many times as you like before the deadline.

- The host chooses a winner *AND* runner-up after closing. The decision of the judge (the Host!) is final. The judge is *not* eligible. The winner then chooses the next topic, tells everyone when the photo's must be posted by (give some reasonable amount of time like a week), runs the challenge, judges the winner and passes on the baton to that person. Winner/Host, please post a reasonable topic that someone who's not a pro photographer can be a part of. Remember it's not just cool shots, but the story that can be told for some.

- If the winner fails to post a new challenge within 48 hours of being declared the winner then the runner-up should post the new challenge within a further 24 hours.

- Any picture you've taken is eligible regardless of time taken and camera it was taken with. You can do all the post processing you want. However, it is most helpful if you list your camera, lens and exposure info along with your photo.

- All levels welcome. If you don't have the best lens or just a plain old pocket camera but your shot tells a wonderful story then there's no reason you can't win! This is about overall photo's and their story, not just about expensive equipment.

- Feel free to comment on other contestant's images. If you want someone to leave you a piece of constructive criticism, ask for it...after all we are here to learn too and practice.

- Provide any additional information concerning your entry you want. Explaining how the shot might relate to the topic could help too.

- Winner/Host, please copy and paste these rules into the topic and thread that you post because some might start doing contests later and miss the first one.
===========================================

This time I would like to see some street or roadside candid shots - something that makes me feel as if "I was there". I am talking about shots looking into some actions or scenes that could be seen from the window of the car, or by a passer by.

I am noob in photography and can not judge advanced techniques, but instead would be interested in composition and fascinating subjects, thought execution is important as well

Let's end this on Sun, Nov 12th

Here is an example of a pic I took in Dominican republic from a flat bed of a truck in small village:

better examples not from me:

See less See more
#14 ·
This shot was taken while I was on a business trip in Baltimore. I was returning from some shooting at the harbor near my hotel and noticed this guy walking around an intersection as most of us have seen. This was the only shot I snapped while I was at a pretty good distance away. This was at 300mm and then further cropped in. I was going to crop out or at least darken the u-turn sign that's off to the side, but then decided it would play nicely in the shot which I in turn named "No U-Turns". What I liked about the shot is that while the guy asking for money is the thing that stands out, he's a bit darker and blends a little with the trees and other poles in the background while the cars and road are shiny and bright and pop a bit more. At least that's my take on it...

#24 ·
oh well, noone posted in a while so here you go -

Winner - BlueMike - i like this pic - it really places me in the path of the march.

Runner up - Biggy - very nice candid picture - even if I am not sure what that u-turn sigh should mean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.