Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Rest in peace - Arch / Chris Kotacka

9K views 34 replies 28 participants last post by  scout67 
#1 ·
Creating threads like these is the part of my job here at CLSB, that I will never get used too. Times like this tug at my heart strings as it does all of ours as we have all come to know each other at CLSB and become a family of sorts.

With this thread I would like to start a new tradition. When we loose a member I will create a thread here for us to share our favorite memories, memorable quotes or pictures of the fallen.

I hereby dedicate this thread and this new tradition to our friend Arch, a great man, great father, great husband and all around excellent person.

My most recent fun memory of arch was right after my birthday in January. It was a cold Sunday night about 9:30. I hear my doorbell ring, when I get to the door, I saw a certain red mitsubishi speeding off down my street. Turns out the man had left me a HUGE bottle of makers mark bourbon on my doorstep with a note saying "happy birthday" That's the kind of guy Chris was.. Always thinking of others.

I'm going to miss seeing him in downtown Naperville and Sunday morning breakfasts at panera. He and his daughter were always a joy to hang out with and spend time.

I'll miss you my friend.

See less See more
Reactions: iamnotgreg
#29 ·
Hello Laura. I was also a friend of Chris's; I'm in Naperville and would be happy to come over and help out. I will admit my mechanical skill isn't as good as Cerk's. :)

I'll send a PM with my phone number.

#30 ·
Laura, it's great to hear from you! Give me a shout, I have a trailer and I will be happy to come pick up his bike and take care of the winterizing, then I will drop it back off, safe and sound. I can help you write a for sale add for this site as well.

Tony F,
815-514-0380 is my Cell

#34 ·
Remember, we are here to help. We all have our schedules too, but there is always gonna be at least one person that can help you when you need it. Just ask! There are a lot of great people on this site willing to help you if we can.

#35 ·
Then embrace it as one of those days. Moving forward after such a loss does not mean you are expected to be the rock of strength. Having sad days shows the love you and Chris shared.

I'm sorry I can't articulate my words as well as Chris. He'd want you to accept the gestures of help, he'd know that your hurting, and would want you to lean one those for support. Thereby directing your attention to what matters most, your children.

Time does not heal all wounds, some are just to large. I think the bond between you and Chris is so strong, the bad days are the days he is missing you the most as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.