Ashwin and what happened - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Our Fallen Friends. This is not a forum I ever wanted to create, but I feel it is something I need to do for all of us. It's one I honestly hope and pray never see's any new theads. Be safe and remember our friends.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall

Ashwin and what happened

I posted it in the original thread but it didnt hit the front page. Now other dont have to read throught to find out the events that took place

Taken from the yami forum

Quote:
I was one of the first on the scene and remained until Ashwin's body was taken away. I'm still torn up inside and I'm skipping today's ride so I can gather my thoughts and post this. Gotta get this off my chest, and you guys deserve some details.

Here's what happened, as far as I know:

Around 10:30am, heading towards the Dragon on 28, we approached a blind 10mph right hander. Ash was leading our group of about 8 riders as Proto had gone back to look for Loki and Poly. MoMan was next behind Ash, but far enough away that none of us saw the crash happen. Based on the skid marks on the road, we know that Ash was at the apex of the turn when he went down. He low sided and was already down and sliding inside his lane when he slid into an oncoming car. It was a white Nissan Z-something or other. The driver was an older guy and from the skid marks we can tell he was not going very fast and he was in his lane. Thankfully he was not hurt and no one else was in his car. The car struck Ash and his bike and from what the driver told me the car pushed Ash and his bike up to 15 feet down the road.

When we came around the corner, we immediately pulled over and went to Ash. Some, like KBacon, went to stop traffic. Ash's legs were pinned under the front left of the car, but his torso was free of the car. There was an undercover police car there immediately, so I believe he was behind the driver of the white car. Luckily he was able to call for help on his radio because none of us could get a cell signal. After we learned it would be 25 minutes before help arrived, CPR was started. Shaboinkaboink, Buzz, and Riceburner performed CPR for a good 20 minutes straight until the ambulance arrived, but it was a lost cause. :'( From the moment we got to him, they could not detect a pulse. Never-the-less, they continued pressing on with the CPR. When the ambulance arrived, the medics hooked up a machine to Ash's chest but could detect no life signs. Apparently it had been too long and they did not even try to shock him with paddles. Up to that point, I had been holding out hope. I just couldn't believe Ash was gone, and my heart sunk when they brought out the white sheet to cover him.

We believe that Ash died instantly, either when he hit the ground or when he hit the car. His gear wasn't in bad shape, and his helmet was only slightly rashed. We are speculating that his neck might have broken, but we may never know. Shaboinkaboink said his neck was pretty loose when they had to move him. I'm sorry for being graphic, but I know some of you will want to know how this happened.

Unfortunately we'll never know what caused the crash. Was Ash going too fast? Did something break his concentration? Did his tires slip on something? We simply don't know. The night before the accident Ash and a couple of us were having a conversation about racing with a former racer who was here at the lodge. Ash specifically mentioned he only ever rode at about 60% when off the race track. Meaning, he didn't ride the street like it was a racetrack. Knowing that, I'm sure Ash felt completely within his abilities riding into that turn.

Let us take his death as a warning to us all. Even though we may feel we are riding well below our abilities, the street is a dangerous place with many more dangers than are found on a racetrack. PLEASE everyone, keep this in mind and treat every blind corner with great caution!

Like so many of you, I've lost a friend. We rode together last year and chatted a few times in person and on the forums, and I'm deeply saddened by his passing.

Loki was understandably very upset when he arrived, but he gathered himself together quickly and pressed on. He worked with the officers at the scene to get them the information they needed. He was surprisingly strong through it all, no doubt because of his officer training.

Buzz, Shaboinkaboink, and Riceburner should be commended for providing CPR. They worked tirelessly until the ambulance arrived.

The group agreed that Ash would have wanted us to continue with the meet, so after a regroup at the lodge we went riding yesterday afternoon. We passed the accident scene and Loki asked that we all honk our horns in salute, which we did. Loki has asked that this be a regular occurrence from now on when passing that corner.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I'm still having a hard time believing it. One minute, he was with us, and the next he was gone. A number of us all had the same thoughts when we first saw him: Oh God he's down! He's just resting a moment before he gets up. Why isn't he moving? Is he unconscious? Is he dead?!? No! He's just unconscious...

I wish that had been the case. I just couldn't believe he could be dead. I kept thinking he'd come back at any moment: my prayers would be answered, or the CPR would work, or the ambulance would be able to shock him back to life.

I'm sorry this post is so fractured, but my thoughts are all over the place and I don't think I can organize it better.

Be careful out there everyone! Please.

Rest in Peace Ashwin

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 01:26 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 01:29 PM

Sportbike: Honda RS 125
Years Riding: just starting to learn
How you found us: accidentally

This is pretty much what his Father told me happened, but not in so much detail. One thing that puts me a little at ease is that they believe he didn't suffer. He was also with a good friend that loved him and was able to be by his side when this happened. Loki is a local police officer and a really nice guy that Ashwin was friends with.

-Jaime

RIP Ashwin 788
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 01:30 PM
Zydrate addict

Sportbike: no more riding for me :(
Years Riding: ridin what?
How you found us: I lost a bet, this was my punishment

Send a message via AIM to Piercedqt78
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
This is pretty much what his Father told me happened, but not in so much detail. One thing that puts me a little at ease is that they believe he didn't suffer. He was also with a good friend that loved him and was able to be by his side when this happened. Loki is a local police officer and a really nice guy that Ashwin was friends with.
Are there any other clsb guys down there right now? Is this the Loki from here?

*if you are down there, and need ANYTHING PM me and I will do what I can to help.

I don't ride, I cook!
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 01:33 PM
161 Club; soon to be 129

Sportbike: GSXR 600
Years Riding: Every Sunny Day
How you found us: I forgot

Send a message via AIM to poproxmimo3 Send a message via Yahoo to poproxmimo3
Im sorry to hear that. rest in peace ashwin

This is going to be a long-term relationship
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Irony helps us play!

Sportbike: 2000 F4
Years Riding: Long enough to know better
How you found us: some hot MILF whispered it in my ear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
Agreed. With the position and near-instant change in direction and inertial stress that would create, it sounds like it was very quick, painless and probably instant.

I think it would be wise for everyone to pose the hypothetical that if no car was coming the other direction, and he survived the low-side... what nuggets of knowledge would he pass on to you to keep you from encountering a similar situation. . . Ash, I think I met you only once and you were obviously well loved and liked by everyone. May some learn and re-evaluate themselves and what and how they do things and hopefully save a future life. I feel that would be a very appropriate way to honor him. Prayers and sympathies to all family, friends, and acquaintances with everyone's loss.

Everyone Exaggerates

We're being taken for a ride... agaaaaaaain.....

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Serious inquiries only

Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Mort82
Another piece to help the closure...
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Defender of the Innocent

Sportbike: Simon and Garfunkel
Years Riding: over a decade
How you found us: YZFRob

oh man.................................

Tea Palella
Midwest Instructor

SportbikeTrackTime - SportbikeTrackGear - SportbikeTrackGirl

IMMIGracing
CCS #56 - Arlen Ness Racing, Hindle, Silkolene, Suomy, Woodcraft, Vortex, Sharkskinz, PopShadow, TrackdayMag.com, Cyclepath Racing
ChicagoLand Bikers.com
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 01:48 PM
You got the talkin' done

Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires

I don't understand why he would have low-sided there.

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Irony helps us play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock View Post
slide on something, or going too fast and trying to 'go for' the turn anyway, lost some rear tire pressure.... there may be other reasons...

Everyone Exaggerates

Last edited by Arch; 07-24-2009 at 01:52 PM.
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Slower Traffic Keep Right

Sportbike: '06 Suzuki GSXR-750 (Track); '11 HD Electra Glide (Road Sofa)
Years Riding: 30+ yrs total
How you found us: A friend at NESBA

Thanks for sharing this. Please share our condolences to those on the Yami board.

Midwest Track Day CR #130
NESBA 130-Control Rider (Former Midwest Region)
STT "A" 130
Track: 2006 GSXR-750
Street: 2011 H-D Ultra Limited (Road Sofa)

www.MidwestTrackDay.com / www.MidwestTrackDay.motorsportreg.com / www.facebook.com/midwesttrackday

http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member6419.png
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Serious inquiries only

Quote:
Nobody will.

*man-hug*
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Accidents happen, unfortunatly we will never know.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 01:55 PM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
My heart goes out to his family. They'll be in my prayers tonight.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 02:19 PM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

Thoughts go out to the driver of the car as well. This will weigh heavily on his mind forever.

Tough read. Thanks to those that were there to help. We should all be so lucky.

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 02:20 PM

Sportbike: 08 gsx six fiddy F
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: forum link

Never met him but after reading all these threads I wish I had gotten the opportunity. RIP.

2008 Suzuki gsx 650f.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
Thomas Jefferson
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 02:22 PM
^^^Bad for your hearing

Sportbike: 2007 gsxr 600
Years Riding: Long enough to know theres alot more i have to learn in this sport
How you found us: heard from a member

Send a message via AIM to streetracin1820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
Agreed. With the position and near-instant change in direction and inertial stress that would create, it sounds like it was very quick, painless and probably instant.

I think it would be wise for everyone to pose the hypothetical that if no car was coming the other direction, and he survived the low-side... what nuggets of knowledge would he pass on to you to keep you from encountering a similar situation. . . Ash, I think I met you only once and you were obviously well loved and liked by everyone. May some learn and re-evaluate themselves and what and how they do things and hopefully save a future life. I feel that would be a very appropriate way to honor him. Prayers and sympathies to all family, friends, and acquaintances with everyone's loss.
I think Arch put this very well, to take this very tragic event and learn from it by re-evaluating our selves and our ablities.

Rest in peice Ashwin, Prayers and Sympathies are with everyone hurting at this time

Everyone needs a healthy way to relax, mine Church, and two wheels, a stretch of winding road, and a pipe loud enough to give me headaches and make squirrels explode. (Fixed curtousey of PWRMAD)

Nothing is impossible the second we say ill try your already admiting you can be defeated, and the second you say i cant or its to hard youve already failed.
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 02:29 PM

Sportbike: smokey one
Years Riding: a while
How you found us: stumbled onto you

A simple lapse of judgment at the wrong time is all it takes.
How many of us have run wide and crossed the centerline, or stood up and run off?
And at any one of those moments it could have ended very badly.

There is a reason so many of us preach "take it to the track" and I suppose we should add leave it at the track too. When we talk of dialing it back to 60% or 75% or some BS, how much are we really dialing it back. The difference between a hair on fire lap, and dropping off that pace 1-2 seconds feels huge, but we lie to ourselves about the % and the amount of safety. If you are a B rider doing 2min laps are you really going to back off to a 3:50 pace level of riding on the street?

For whatever reason Ash did not leave himself enough of a safety window for the circumstances and that has left us all very sad.

WERA 917 EX
NESBA 917 A
CWIRA 917

Aprilia
RS250 dsb
Kaw 6r ss
ice
KX500 open C
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5AXIS View Post
For whatever reason Ash did not leave himself enough of a safety window for the circumstances and that has left us all very sad.
Kind of bold to accuse ash of wrong doing dont you think. The specific post I posted states first hand that no one saw the crash and they had arrived after it took place. So who are we to judge if he messed up? How about a freak accident with wild life, trouble with the bike, etc etc. As most have said we shall never know what exactly happened but you cant point the finger by saying he didn't leave enough room for error

I think until given another scenario its a safe bet just to call it a freak accident

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .

Last edited by C2M; 07-24-2009 at 02:57 PM.
post #21 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 02:46 PM
^^^Bad for your hearing

Sportbike: 2007 gsxr 600
Years Riding: Long enough to know theres alot more i have to learn in this sport
How you found us: heard from a member

Send a message via AIM to streetracin1820
Thank you C2M. Rep for you. right now knowing it just happend and no one saw the accident its a little to soon and a little too bold to be accusing ash especally knowing that 1 minute he was on 2 wheels around a corner and the next he wasnt... if thats all that was saw then we cant specualte anything. so just as C2M said i think leaving it at a freak accident untill some other view or formal investigation is done is right

Everyone needs a healthy way to relax, mine Church, and two wheels, a stretch of winding road, and a pipe loud enough to give me headaches and make squirrels explode. (Fixed curtousey of PWRMAD)

Nothing is impossible the second we say ill try your already admiting you can be defeated, and the second you say i cant or its to hard youve already failed.
post #22 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Irony helps us play!

Take the objective clues as they are.

"Based on the skid marks on the road, we know that Ash was at the apex of the turn when he went down. He low sided and was already down and sliding inside his lane when he slid into an oncoming car. It was a white Nissan Z-something or other. The driver was an older guy and from the skid marks we can tell he was not going very fast and he was in his lane."

Accidents have causes, often times more than one 'event' or 'condition' that got it to that point.

Everyone Exaggerates

post #23 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm a non-achiever.

Sportbike: KTM 450sx/Sumo, XR50R w/training wheels
Years Riding: street 06; track 09
How you found us: the cops

Please don't argue about this. It happened to a good person. He would want us to remember him by riding and helping others. Lets not tarnish that by speculating anything. It dosen't matter.

"Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast"
post #24 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Serious inquiries only

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaugdog View Post
Please don't argue about this. It happened to a good person. He would want us to remember him by riding and helping others. Lets not tarnish that by speculating anything. It dosen't matter.
post #25 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
+1 to Shaugdog. Accidents happen, the details of which should not stir argument in situations like this one.

Let's move away from any debate related to the causes.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
post #26 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
Take the objective clues as they are.

"Based on the skid marks on the road, we know that Ash was at the apex of the turn when he went down. He low sided and was already down and sliding inside his lane when he slid into an oncoming car. It was a white Nissan Z-something or other. The driver was an older guy and from the skid marks we can tell he was not going very fast and he was in his lane."

Accidents have causes, often times more than one 'event' or 'condition' that got it to that point.
Arch you have a valid point, Yes it has been pointed out that he in fact low sided but the point of my statement is geared towards we do not have any idea if it was ash's fault, but rather take into account that a unknown circumstance took place leading cause to the initial low side.

So in short what freak incident took place that caused him to low side? We will never know. Thus leaving all of us at this point of it was a freak accident rather then pointing a finger stating he didnt leave enough room for error.

All in All he was a good guy and it is upsetting to alot of people. I feel for him and his family but most of all for the members that worked on him till help arrived. I know first hand along with a few others doing CPR on a close friend family is something that will haunt you for the rest of your life not to mention the nightmares you have.

Out of respect for him and everyone, I am not going to debate this topic its not the place nor time for it, nor will it ever be. I agree with shaudog.

Last edited by C2M; 07-24-2009 at 03:16 PM.
post #27 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 03:16 PM

Sportbike: 2008 Suzuki GSX R600
Years Riding: Long enough to know that stupid hurts.
How you found us: shawnb114 invited me on a cruise and I was hooked.

Send a message via AIM to GIZMO
I think we should also keep the driver of the Z in our prayers. In this case (from the way it sounds) the driver of the car really didn't have any control over the situation and now has to live with the fact that he may have caused a death. I know I would have a hell of a time living with that.

You wanna see my itinerary?
post #28 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 03:17 PM

Sportbike: Working on it...
Years Riding: Hmm... let me see....

Again, thank you for sharing.

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

R.I.P. Ashwin
post #29 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 03:21 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaugdog View Post
+1 and lets LEAVE it alone. there is no sense in pointing fingers to anything. its simple the man is gone now. pay your respects.

post #30 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 03:23 PM
B.O.B

Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?

Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (21.4 KB, 34 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode