Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Current standings and structure with the Moto-angel foundation.

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Odysseys 
#1 · (Edited)
ok what i hope to bring in this thread is clarity and explain how things are currently working if you wish to know or participate.

as we know the project of making a calendar of female riders was completed.

the business structure and business licenses and tax of a 501(c) non for profit corporation is completed.

web site for the moto angels is up. http://moto-angels.org/

soon to come will be a quarterly annual reporting of all projections and income and expenses that are associated with this foundation for public disclosure and review if wished.

the board of directors is: myself, timmy, and craig
sitting on the volunteer staff board : redheadgirl "Tina"

we would love for more people to volunteer there services of what they can offer to bring to the foundation with your current or past attributes that can aid in many different aspects of running and continuing and further expand within the foundation. if your interested in becoming a part of the volunteer staff board please contact us though the moto-angels website. its not all fun and games but can be very rewarding in helping making a difference in peoples lifes for what we can offer in assistance as the foundation grows with volunteers and staff.

as of 12/16/08 sales from the female riders calendar is 819.75 from our launch party at north beach and off internet sales from the foundations website. further finical reports will be available per quarterly reporting and will be able to be viewed online at the moto angels site once its completed.

i hope this answers some of your questions.

now if there is any legit questions and not typical CLSB bull busting please feel free to ask.

any rude comments or bastardizing will be deleted, this isnt a game.

See less See more
#3 ·
thank you but its a total involved effort that made it happen.

also so you guys know, myself mainly will be your CLSB correspondent.
"while i try to be forth coming as possible and i am more of a internet posting person then timmy is and with all his time restrictions" but if i dont know something trust me i will find out a question to an answer if it has merit.

we usually meet once a month to go over things unless i have ideas or he has and we want to discuss them sooner then our monthly meetings to discuss current or future issues or overviews or new volunteers that wish to be part of the foundations efforts.

of course we also talk in e-mails and phone and text.

this is a "side passion we both share and not our main line of work" so please understand we are not working on this 8 hours a day as it currently hasnt grown to that point. with more people we can expand more.

#4 ·
(From thread: http://chicagolandsportbikes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1301225&postcount=25)

Greetings All,

I am to understand that there has been quite an interest in the financial backside to the calendar event, and am here to provide answers and information.

In regards to the monies raised to date from the sale, it is as follows:

Launch Signing Party: $752 (47 Calendars sold)
Online via Moto: $210 (12 Calendars sold)

These amounts also include collected tax and shipping costs (for online orders), therefore they are not wholly divisible by the number of calendars sold. In other words 12 Calendars x $14.95 does not = $210.

This will be the only time this information is posted like this. From this point foward, any inquiries as to money raised or money spent will come from the Moto-Angels.org website in the form of a Quarterly report.

For those who don't know how this works in a corporate environment, the vast majority of companies only post Annual reports, but because we are committed to open disclosure and transparency, it is our intention to post quarterly reports for anyone who is interested.

While this is a Charity and Non-Profit organization, it is first and foremost a business and must be run as such. It is only by running it as a business that it will be capable of succeeding in its mission, to help others.

Anyone who is interested in donating their time, skills or experience, please feel free to contact myself (through the moto-angels.org website) or Ody for more information. We would gladly welcome your contribution.

We greatly appreciate everyones support, enthusiasm and contributions. It is through your generosity that we will succeed.

~ Timmay!

#5 · (Edited)
In other words.............

and for the record I (me personally and CLSB) am not part of the foundation in any way shape or form, do not pm me with any questions about it and I nor CLSB makes any money on this. all CLSB does is donate the bandwidth and exposure on CLSB out of the goodness of our hearts.

#6 ·
I'm curious how a benefit like this works. Similar funds are The Red Flag Fund (Former Wegman Fund) and the Steel Shoe fund. Both help injured road racers and flat track racers. I'm assuming this is a similar fund which is totally cool. But, how does it work?

If someone falls down on their bike and breaks their neck and doesn't have insurance or whatever, how does one become eligible for help from this or any other similar fund?

Legitimate question right? I am not being a smart ass and I am not being skeptical at all, I just honestly don't know how it works.

#10 · (Edited)
i thought of some more issues last night where people unfamiliar to running a business and or the selection process of who or what the moto angel will try to help so here is what i thought of last night. if anyone has further legit questions ill try to answer them for you. "trying to mind read you guys" puts on my tin foil hat"

ill try to keep it short and direct since i know people hate to read.

This charity is designed to help not only families that have lost a primary caregiver to a motorcycle related fatality, but also to serve as a philanthropic organization to the community as a whole.

who will it help exactly: anyone who informs us or we saw or read about is a candidate for help that the foundation can have a substantial impact in there families lives where that primary care giver died of a motorcycle related accident.

how will we help them?: in any shape or form the foundations resources can
IE: man power to get things done around the house.
help with resources they don't have and we can aid with.
help financially
and so much more.

what % do you donate from "in this case" the female calendar sales?

eventually every penny and more with available donations will be used and given away to accomplish a difference in peoples hard times along with budgeting for future needs to expand the foundation to grow its efforts will be taken into consideration on a case by case base.

hows does it all work in simple easy to understand terms?

the moto angel foundation is a collaboration of efforts from its volunteers and any financial proceeds it collects in any form to help in anyway possible.

based on our volunteers in regards to there professions plumbers, electricians, carpenters, lawn care, public relations, other human resource organizations we can help tremendously.

HOW EXACTLY will that money be used?

foremost it will be used to keep the foundation alive in any cost associated that is charged to maintain it. (accounting, permits, licensing, tools & materials used, gasoline, and any future cost associated in its humanitarian efforts.

wont that eat up money? YES thats why the more people that donate there volunteer services free of charge and resources it will lessen the budget needed to operate and thats our foremost concern is to off set this with our volunteers resources and there contacts and aid not only with money but with human efforts not just (here's a check to cover the rent or some of the hospital bills they cant afford to pay before the lights get shut off or the gas when they have children and will be tossed out in the streets and etc.)

i think this covers maybe some more of the possible detailed questions that will comfort anyone thinking about participating on any level with this foundation.

the hardest part i know for me and us all will be wanting to help everyone and while thats impossible i know, but at least making a difference in 1 persons life at a time can make a difference.

#15 · (Edited)
thank you.

My thread is right here??? What are you talking about???

http://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82530
that was weird, it looked like you deleted it back there. maybe server swap glitches? i dunno. but cool its there now.

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but how does one know if they want to purchase the calendar if they can't view it? The teaser is just a picture of the cover of the calendar. I stopped reading the other calendar threads after trying to wade through the endless drama posted therein.

edit: I guess what I'm asking is- was there ever a thread created that posted the calendar's final draft?

ahh no problem theres been so much chat that YES:lmao: its hard to keep up with which is why i made a formal one. but since i see this legit question, here is your answer ;)

just a cover teaser was done and kept that way so it doesnt allow the whole thing to be downloaded in the digital sense "giving it away" we think this allows more of buying it then to snag it.

not a bad idea though to make it all seen but so small its useless to use in the digital sense.

its something ill bring up for consideration. i find merit in this.

#14 · (Edited)
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but how does one know if they want to purchase the calendar if they can't view it? The teaser is just a picture of the cover of the calendar. I stopped reading the other calendar threads after trying to wade through the endless drama posted therein.

edit: I guess what I'm asking is- was there ever a thread created that posted the calendar's final draft?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.