CCS finale at BHF. - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

CCS Racing This forum is for discussion about CCS and events.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

CCS finale at BHF.

Pretty quiet. Couple moderate crashes. 2 ambulance rides.

Weather couldnt make up its mind. Cold then warm. Cloudy then sun, quick rain then sun. Saturday was a clusterfuck of a schedule IMO. Someone forgot to include LCR in the schedule so they had to add them in. 18 races + LCR and took us until 5:58pm to finish. Why they didnt just start the races at 10am like they did sunday IDK. Or eliminate the GT races like they have done in the past for other twin sprints. Had a 12 min delay for a red flag in T2. Couple other time wasters were riders who took an EXTRA lap after the checker. Around race 11 or so they cut the races to 5 laps. We werent even done with race 8 at 3pm.

Sunday races ran well. Went by quickly. Germany tried to do a wheelie by gate on the cool down lap. All that effort just for a 1" high wheelie. Was a nice day to end driving the crash truck on. Not alot of hauling bikes around. Only issues I seen there was a couple of idiots in vehicles flying down the paddock roads well in excess of 15mph. One nearly broadsided a racer leaving his pit when their suv came around a corner at 25-30ish.

Just a reminder for next year. If you know ANYONE who would be interested in helping out by cornerworking, PLEASE get them to come out. The crew is getting real shorthanded with a few long time workers retiring. Pay may not be the best, but you do get the best seat in the house without a racing license.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 09:00 PM

Sportbike: FJR1300
Years Riding: greater than a decade.
How you found us: google

Send a message via AIM to NickIF
I might be interested in corner working next year if I'm around, keep me in mind.
post #3 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 09:50 PM
I don't know...

Sportbike: more than one... one less now...
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Some girl was talking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFRob View Post
... Germany tried to do a wheelie by gate on the cool down lap. All that effort just for a 1" high wheelie.
Oh you don't know what was up everywhere else... I got bitched at for one wheel action down the front straight to the checkers... Wheelie between 1 and 2, out of 3 into the busstop, between 4 and 5, down the back straight... 100ft endo into 6....

Well what a great weekend for lots of CLSB and NESBA peeps... can't name everyone... since my brain is still not home yet.
Alex, Greg, Tea, Dejan, Farmboy, Jenn ....
Very good job everyone.

and hey Chunk, I'll have a white plate for next year...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 09:58 PM
Midnight Rider

Sportbike: R6 and a Z1000
Years Riding: for a bit
How you found us: random PM on sportbikes.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germany View Post

Fat Pat #728

If you don't like my fire, then don't come around...
post #5 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Troublemaker.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
post #6 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 11:12 PM

Sportbike: SV 650, FZR 400, RM 125
Years Riding: Since 1990
How you found us: Nesba!

We should have photos of the wheelies out of 7. We got quite a few chances to snap the shot

Greg K.
STT Staff Member
CCS Expert #12
MSF Instructor

VinylSaurusRex.com - Cyclepath Racing - Safety First Racing - SMR Components - Apexjunkie.com - Yamaha Champions Riding School
"If you're headed toward trees, I'm guessing your on the wrong line." - S. Russell
post #7 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 12:29 AM

Sportbike: Half an SV 650
Years Riding: '07
How you found us: CLSB found me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germany View Post
Oh you don't know what was up everywhere else... I got bitched at for one wheel action down the front straight to the checkers... Wheelie between 1 and 2, out of 3 into the busstop, between 4 and 5, down the back straight... 100ft endo into 6....

Well what a great weekend for lots of CLSB and NESBA peeps... can't name everyone... since my brain is still not home yet.
Alex, Greg, Tea, Dejan, Farmboy, Jenn ....
Very good job everyone.

rut roh, you're going strait from the special olympics to expert?!

Jordan
NESBA/CCS #811
post #8 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 12:30 AM

Sportbike: RC31
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: it's a small world afterall

(please excuse this post, because it's been a rough night and I've had about six beers in the last few hours.)

Stefan does the best wheelies.
I saw the one down the front straight after Supertwins and the subsequent reaming.

Congrats to Tea on a win in a legitimate, non-special olympics class!!!
I started watching the race from T1 as a casual observer... and then realized she was passing people, and catching the leaders... until I realized she was going to catch 1st place. So I moved to hot pit to ask the control guys if they knew what was up, and they weren't sure. Next time around she was ahead of the guy that I assumed was in first, so I started giving her signals to let her know that she was gapping him. By the end I was pretty sure she won the race but she didn't believe me, until she checked the results. Woot!

And... I <3 the 125 more and more. I didn't really go any faster on it, (too much tape on the radiator and it was running hot today) but fock... it's the bestest thing EVER!

I did however have overwhelming guilt that the guy we bought it from had bike problems all weekend. He never completed a full lap. I have his "B" bike so he had to forfeit his last race (although he's got the championship locked up.) It was his own fault in one race though, since it was a damp track, and he was on Ed Key's back wheel... he highsided in T7 which I thought was pretty impressive because I didn't know you could do that on something so small. That was moments after the other 125 in that race lowsided in that same turn just ahead of Ed. They called the race early since at that point, there was only one expert (Ed), an one amateur (gkotlin) out on the track, and the results were pretty much set.

He did give me props though after the race he had to sit out, since I was taking an upshift at the tower and was still on the gas. Now if I can just grow the ovaries to do that on the R6. (maybe not upshift, but to not lift.) Meh

Also have to give shout outs to Tanya for dropping her time, and Dejan for his personal best. *high five*

Oh, and G2G, if you see this... Meghan worked with Kenzie on Saturday and she dropped 17 seconds! I only lapped her once and I was so stoked for her! She actually almost got ahead of me at the start too... she made big improvements this weekend.

Wheee!!! Sorry... Tooo druk right now to remember anything else....

Oh yeah! SteveP made a nice snowstorm on the front straight.

Swift Molly's Motor Circus
Michelin Woodcraft Armour Bodies Spyder Leatherworks STT STG

UNAPOLOGETIC FAN OF THINGS THAT ARE OLD AND SLOW
post #9 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 01:58 AM
Let's boogie!

Sportbike: Proven Winner
Years Riding: Since you were on the teat..
How you found us: The Big Sur Merlot & Mescaline Tasting Tour

Actually did it.

I raced FrankenDuc to 2nd in the GTL championship (losing to Ed Key by 1 point!) and 1st in GP (beating Ray Hofman by 1 point!) - more than I dreamed of for a first full expert season. I had a great year, learning tons, continually dropping my times throughout (to a personal best 1:15.8 yesterday), and having a blast hanging with everyone. The bike turned out to be everything and more than I had hoped, and I look forward to improving with it in the future...

Congrats to all my fellow CLSB racers; you all rocked and it was my honor and pleasure to spend the season with you.

Keep on keeping on!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg all done.jpg (92.0 KB, 40 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maoisn View Post
There will always be a better ride out there. It's not the bike that bends, it's the rider. There is no spoon.
CCS/ASRA #904

Sponsored by: TeamMCC.com

Yep, still.

Farmboys Garage

Last edited by Farmboy69; 09-26-2011 at 02:03 AM.
post #10 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 09:16 AM
G2G

Sportbike: It changes everyday
Years Riding: since 1991
How you found us: Ur mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckstop View Post
(please excuse this post, because it's been a rough night and I've had about six beers in the last few hours.)

Oh, and G2G, if you see this... Meghan worked with Kenzie on Saturday and she dropped 17 seconds! I only lapped her once and I was so stoked for her! She actually almost got ahead of me at the start too... she made big improvements this weekend.

:
I am glad that happened. There is nothing worse than deturring (sp) a young racer.

Last edited by G2G; 09-26-2011 at 02:16 PM.
post #11 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Defender of the Innocent

Sportbike: Simon and Garfunkel
Years Riding: over a decade
How you found us: YZFRob

Quote:

Stefan does the best wheelies.
I saw the one down the front straight after Supertwins and the subsequent reaming.

Congrats to Tea on a win in a legitimate, non-special olympics class!!!
I started watching the race from T1 as a casual observer... and then realized she was passing people, and catching the leaders... until I realized she was going to catch 1st place. So I moved to hot pit to ask the control guys if they knew what was up, and they weren't sure. Next time around she was ahead of the guy that I assumed was in first, so I started giving her signals to let her know that she was gapping him. By the end I was pretty sure she won the race but she didn't believe me, until she checked the results. Woot!

And... I <3 the 125 more and more. I didn't really go any faster on it, (too much tape on the radiator and it was running hot today) but fock... it's the bestest thing EVER!

I did however have overwhelming guilt that the guy we bought it from had bike problems all weekend. He never completed a full lap. I have his "B" bike so he had to forfeit his last race (although he's got the championship locked up.) It was his own fault in one race though, since it was a damp track, and he was on Ed Key's back wheel... he highsided in T7 which I thought was pretty impressive because I didn't know you could do that on something so small. That was moments after the other 125 in that race lowsided in that same turn just ahead of Ed. They called the race early since at that point, there was only one expert (Ed), an one amateur (gkotlin) out on the track, and the results were pretty much set.

He did give me props though after the race he had to sit out, since I was taking an upshift at the tower and was still on the gas. Now if I can just grow the ovaries to do that on the R6. (maybe not upshift, but to not lift.) Meh

Also have to give shout outs to Tanya for dropping her time, and Dejan for his personal best. *high five*

Wheee!!! Sorry... Tooo druk right now to remember anything else....

Oh yeah! SteveP made a nice snowstorm on the front straight.
I can't thank you enough, Jen!! You came out of nowhere and helped a ton with your signals. I thought the guy was right behind me

It is a joy to watch you on the 125. I wish I had one too. Told you not to feel bad, Mark could have bought another one

Glad to hear about Kenzie. I watched them practice on Saturday and was hoping that she had improved.

And I am so happy we didn't have today's weather yesterday. Ewwwwww!!!

Congratulations to all Champions this season!

Tea Palella
Midwest Instructor

SportbikeTrackTime - SportbikeTrackGear - SportbikeTrackGirl

IMMIGracing
CCS #56 - Arlen Ness Racing, Hindle, Silkolene, Suomy, Woodcraft, Vortex, Sharkskinz, PopShadow, TrackdayMag.com, Cyclepath Racing
ChicagoLand Bikers.com
post #12 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 10:33 AM

He built my bike out of spare parts. I think he said he has almost everything he needs to build another one (!!) so hopefully next year he'll have another spare bike.

After watching the Ultralight Thunderbike race though... I think we should all get Ninja 250s.

post #13 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Defender of the Innocent

Quote:
He built my bike out of spare parts. I think he said he has almost everything he needs to build another one (!!) so hopefully next year he'll have another spare bike.

After watching the Ultralight Thunderbike race though... I think we should all get Ninja 250s.
Yeah, we should!!!!! They don't need as much wrenching hopefully.
they've had those classes on the west coast for a while.

Tea Palella
Midwest Instructor

IMMIGracing
CCS #56 - Arlen Ness Racing, Hindle, Silkolene, Suomy, Woodcraft, Vortex, Sharkskinz, PopShadow, TrackdayMag.com, Cyclepath Racing
ChicagoLand Bikers.com
post #14 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Not too Slow Not too Fast

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Falco
Years Riding: Too many
How you found us: ApriliaForum.com

Send a message via Yahoo to RSVMillenian
This was my rookie season and what a season it was. I am learning to ride that 675 as it is completely different then anything I have ridden in the past. A lot of improvements on the bike are scheduled for the off season. Its time to get rid of the stock suspension parts. LOL.

I would like to congratulate to all Champions especially;

SteveP, Supergirl, Germany, Farmboy and of course Wally.

Thanks for the fabulous season, 2012 cant come soon enough.

Dejan
CCS very very Amateur #144
post #15 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 10:53 AM
G2G

Sportbike: It changes everyday
Years Riding: since 1991
How you found us: Ur mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergirl View Post
Yeah, we should!!!!! They don't need as much wrenching hopefully.
they've had those classes on the west coast for a while.
Also WERA has had the class running for a few years.
post #16 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 10:57 AM

We're gonna need a bigger trailer.

post #17 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Used, but not used up!

Sportbike: Witch one?
Years Riding: again, witch one?
How you found us: Blame - Troy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVMillenian View Post
This was my rookie season and what a season it was. I am learning to ride that 675 as it is completely different then anything I have ridden in the past. A lot of improvements on the bike are scheduled for the off season. Its time to get rid of the stock suspension parts. LOL.

I would like to congratulate to all Champions especially;

SteveP, Supergirl, Germany, Farmboy and of course Wally.

Thanks for the fabulous season, 2012 cant come soon enough.
Sure just forget about me,

Great year for me and many around.

Oh boy, white plate next year

Ed (AKA Dirt Nap)
The liver is evil and must be punished!
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe
CCS #17
http://www.southeastsales.com/
post #18 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddy View Post
Sure just forget about me,
Great year for me and many around.
Oh boy, white plate next year
Wahhh wahh.. You can't protest and stay amateur another year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboy69 View Post
Actually did it.
I raced FrankenDuc to 2nd in the GTL championship (losing to Ed Key by 1 point!) and 1st in GP (beating Ray Hofman by 1 point!) - more than I dreamed of for a first full expert season. I had a great year, learning tons, continually dropping my times throughout (to a personal best 1:15.8 yesterday), and having a blast hanging with everyone. The bike turned out to be everything and more than I had hoped, and I look forward to improving with it in the future...
Congrats to all my fellow CLSB racers; you all rocked and it was my honor and pleasure to spend the season with you.
Keep on keeping on!!!
It was great to see you do so well. Ending the year with your best times ever

Good work. See you on the front row next year

Greg K.
STT Staff Member
CCS Expert #12
MSF Instructor

VinylSaurusRex.com - Cyclepath Racing - Safety First Racing - SMR Components - Apexjunkie.com - Yamaha Champions Riding School
"If you're headed toward trees, I'm guessing your on the wrong line." - S. Russell
post #19 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 12:23 PM

So why is it that CCS doesn't even know whats going on at CCS events?
The tech inspectors are rude and condescending.
The office staff when I call or email is always EXCELLENT and helpful. The registration staff is just as good to deal with. But management is just so damn crabby.

I can't understand why they just make me feel like I'm income to them. Not a person, not a customer. You ask a question and you don't get an answer. I get told it's my fault for not acting in a particular manner, or that my fellow competitors must have screwed it up for me. Seriously? I would have been happy with a response of "I'm not sure right now, we're quite busy, would you mind if I get back to you on that this week? But instead it's my fault for not doing it sooner. I guess I shouldn't have been so diligent to turn in my transponder quickly and stand around waiting on my trophy.

I feel like it's their sandbox and if I don't like it, I should leave. But when grids are down, they want us to bring our friends and promote racing?

The schedule was all screwed up on Saturday. Cutting the races shorter twice during the day? My entry fees didn't get cut though. I never heard an apology over the PA for the confusion. I think the abbreviated riders meeting over the PA system is dis-service to the new riders.

I'm not just venting. I'd love to get behind this organization and help make road racing in this country half of what it is in the rest of the world. But......

Greg K.
STT Staff Member
CCS Expert #12
MSF Instructor

post #20 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 12:35 PM
I don't know...

Looking back...

I moved it....

Last edited by Germany; 09-26-2011 at 01:19 PM.
post #21 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 12:45 PM
I don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkotlin View Post
The office staff when I call or email is always EXCELLENT and helpful. The registration staff is just as good to deal with. But management is just so damn crabby.

I can't understand why they just make me feel like I'm income to them. Not a person, not a customer. You ask a question and you don't get an answer. I get told it's my fault for not acting in a particular manner, or that my fellow competitors must have screwed it up for me. Seriously? I would have been happy with a response of "I'm not sure right now, we're quite busy, would you mind if I get back to you on that this week? But instead it's my fault for not doing it sooner. I guess I shouldn't have been so diligent to turn in my transponder quickly and stand around waiting on my trophy.

I feel like it's their sandbox and if I don't like it, I should leave. But when grids are down, they want us to bring our friends and promote racing?

The schedule was all screwed up on Saturday. Cutting the races shorter twice during the day? My entry fees didn't get cut though. I never heard an apology over the PA for the confusion. I think the abbreviated riders meeting over the PA system is dis-service to the new riders.

I'm not just venting. I'd love to get behind this organization and help make road racing in this country half of what it is in the rest of the world. But......

I'm with you on that one Greg. I had a friend in one of the 5lap races, which shortening they announced during the day, he was racing someone down the front straight and saw the white flag ( which they waved for a guy a lap down), he and the other guy never saw the checkered until they came back around and everyone in the paddock was told over the PA that they didn't listen to the shortening... oh well

I was told my turkey pan rigging, which was pretty solid, was illegal but the supermoto bikes could race without anything... I know it's in the rule book, but still... Larry keeps getting a crappier every time around. the only time he was funny was when I told him: Hi from Ken Krebs... LOL

I went twice to drop of my transponder and pick up the wood, to be told no, you have to wait, maybe they could have taken the 5 sec to add to the "BRING YOUR TRANSPONDERS NOW" the part of we still have to wait to give out the trophies for the last two races...
post #22 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 12:46 PM

Sportbike: smokey one
Years Riding: a while
How you found us: stumbled onto you

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkotlin View Post

The big meanie kids had a great weekend with WERA at Nelson Ledges. Everything ran smoothly and the anouncer was rating front straight victory wheelies.

PS
Nesba CR, Pa. based, fast guy, Brad Burns was doing most of the EX victory celebrating

WERA 917 EX
NESBA 917 A
CWIRA 917

Aprilia
RS250 dsb
Kaw 6r ss
ice
KX500 open C
post #23 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 12:50 PM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboy69 View Post
Actually did it.

Keep on keeping on!!!
LOL Jim, I love the "starter cart"

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
post #24 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Defender of the Innocent

Stefan, your post deserves its own thread. Just sayin'!

Tea Palella
Midwest Instructor

IMMIGracing
ChicagoLand Bikers.com
post #25 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Certified TRACK WHORE

Sportbike: 2008 R6 Race, 2009 R6 Street, 2005 GSXR Track
Years Riding: hmmmmmmm
How you found us: Word is in da streets(SuperGirl)

I'm very happy for everyone.
I hate that I missed the last races of the season, but I was there in thoughts and spirit.

CONGRATS again to everyone. I hope to one day be able to share my success racing stories with everyone

CCS #55 - Proudly sponsored by Farrell Performance, Motovid, Southeast Sales, Vortex, U.S. Chrome

MOTOVID.COM STAFF: CR(Control Rider) + Rider Clinic Instructor

MSF Certified Instructor/Rider Coach
post #26 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5AXIS View Post
The big meanie kids had a great weekend with WERA at Nelson Ledges. Everything ran smoothly and the anouncer was rating front straight victory wheelies.

PS
Nesba CR, Pa. based, fast guy, Brad Burns was doing most of the EX victory celebrating
Keep it up wise guy and you'll need to make room for me in your trailer next year for every round.....

Greg K.
STT Staff Member
CCS Expert #12
MSF Instructor

post #27 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Defender of the Innocent

SuperTwins Champions (took this picture after telling Murf "move your foot Murf, you're still in the picture) LOL

Tea Palella
Midwest Instructor

IMMIGracing
ChicagoLand Bikers.com

Last edited by Supergirl; 09-26-2011 at 01:19 PM.
post #28 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Addicted

Sportbike: 09 Kawi ZX6R, 75' Yamaha RD250, '13 KTM 350 SX-F, '05 Yamaha Zuma
Years Riding: Not nearly long enough
How you found us: followed the squids

Send a message via AIM to eE jeremy
Awesome reading about everyone's experiences this season. Also making me crave some more track time LOL.

I only did one day this year to get a feel for what CCS was about and learn stuff, Thanks to steve, tea, germany, greg, and every body else that helped me get through the first day out there, it was very exciting and I had a lot of fun. Next year I'll try to do all the events and see what happens

Shitty Pass Racing #513
post #29 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 01:22 PM

Sportbike: none...all gone
How you found us: ken

my turn.....

Congrats to all! And a big THANK YOU for being so kind to the "new" guy at pitout. I can only hope you saw some improvement over the season.

Some may know, but most don't know that we get no formal training to do our job at the track from CCS management. We train each other "on the job".
I know we've had a lot of confusion and inconsistencies in almost every area.
Please don't "shoot" the worker for this. We care and do the best we can.
It took all season, but I do believe we got it sorted out really well on Sunday.

In all, we have a priority to keep riders safe.......#1
Next, would be enforcement of the rules......Yes, they are not as clear as they should be.
Getting all the races done in a timely manner.......tough when some riders don't see the flags......not just amateurs, some egocentric experts as well....

All that said, I don't know if I will return next season.
A person can only take so much frustration in their job.
Unless my son races, I have very little incentive to return. Yet I will truly miss all of my new friends.

I wish you all the best off-season ever. Get your machines squared away and have some fun.

CCS race official
sold the track bike
too slow to ride

"Repairs end December 31. 2011."

OK, it was a tough day.....back open again!!!
Bring me your broken down machines.

Butch @ 630-777-0273

Ytrap #819, forever in my prayers.
Arch, this Bud is for you..
post #30 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 09:13 PM

Sportbike: 08 r6
How you found us: google

Congrats to everyone and thanks to all the cornerworkers!

I met a bunch of awesome people this year and had a blast! CLSB kicked some ass this year in a lot of classes. I'm looking forward to next years season already...

Alex
CCS/NESBA/STT A #424

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode