CCS August Round - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

CCS Racing This forum is for discussion about CCS and events.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
I don't know...

Sportbike: more than one... one less now...
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Some girl was talking about it.

CCS August Round

First, Alex heal up!

it was a pretty nice day, the track was in overall great conditions, which allowed for some fast times across all classes. Farrell was in the 07s ( at least once from what I saw. DanO, Ricky and Kenny Olson had some great battles in MW. Kevin van Engen did a 12.x on an SV650....
And a lot of Personal best for people on here.

In my races were some great midfield battles between Wally, Spaulding and me.

I got some nice times down, and feel pretty good about it. Still lot of room for improvement, but I'm happy for now. My goal for the year is pretty much a blink of the eye away...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Addicted

Sportbike: 09 Kawi ZX6R, 75' Yamaha RD250, '13 KTM 350 SX-F, '05 Yamaha Zuma
Years Riding: Not nearly long enough
How you found us: followed the squids

Send a message via AIM to eE jeremy
Good work this weekend!

So who won the drag race to the finish line, you or wally?

Shitty Pass Racing #513
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 11:40 AM

Sportbike: 2008 Triumph Speed Triple, 2000 and 2008 R6 track bikes
Years Riding: Not long enough.
How you found us: another local forum

I had great grid positions and three consecutive terrible starts. I managed to get myself back to mid pack in each race but could have finished much better had I at least kept myself in the middle on the starts. I have to work on being more aggressive on my passes and obviously my starts. I managed some 1:16's and a 1:15 when I had some open track. My pace seems to get better every time I ride the bike at speed, so I hope to make 15's more consistent and hopefully break into the 14's before the end of the season. Most importantly I did not crash and never felt like I was riding over my head.

Motovid A #528
Formerly NESBA A #528
STT A #528
NEZBRAH Awesome Group Commander #528
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Not too Slow Not too Fast

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Falco
Years Riding: Too many
How you found us: ApriliaForum.com

Send a message via Yahoo to RSVMillenian
First of all: Alex, I hope you heal up fast and recover completely.

My weekend was a blast although I didn't battle for the lead or midpack, lol.

Saturday practice was very beneficial since I do not have a lot of seat time this year. I only rode at BHF in the July round only, no track days at all. Practice started great, it was an open practice until lunch, no groups, just suit up and go. Since Kim and I run approximately same times we worked together for the most of the day and I was able to equal my personal best in our second session. We both decide to go for the P/B in the next session and just when we started running at our PB pace the session was red flagged. I remember coming to the carnage thinking WTF just happened. The airfence was blown away, a rider in the grass to the right, riders laying in grass to the left, and a bike in the middle of the track. After noticing a black bike on the track I was hoping it wasnít #56 or #79, unfortunately it was Nolanís #79, but he was unhurt. Kim and I were just behind them at the pit exit and as we were about to enter the track they stopped Kim for about 10-15 seconds to make a gap between the two groups. I tend to believe if they didnít, both of us would have been involved as well.

After that I wasnít in the mood to ride. Seeing a fellow racer being airlifted is not very motivating. It was a beer time for me.

Almost forgot that I was a victim of a shitty pass in T7 by #211. He almost hit me and forced me to stand up the bike and almost run of the track. He was turning back on the straight to see if I have made it.

My first race on Sunday was GTU. It was a cold night at BHF and I didnít want to ride the morning practice sessions instead I decided to run GTU for few laps and use it as a practice. I rode very well and was able to better my PB to 1:19:4. Indeed there were few 19s in that race. I had few slide in T4 and T6 and decided to pull in after about 10 laps and concentrate on the F40 races I had scheduled.

The first F40 MW race was OK, I had a good start and passed few folks and started chasing the rider that was about 6-7 seconds in front. I caught him in the fourth lap and tried passing him in T1 twice but was not brave enough to stick it and join the Shitty Pass Racing Team, both times I was ahead on the inside but check out and let him retain the lead. I was faster than him but I started racing at his pace and it was hard to pass him. My plan was to pass him on the last lap but I didnít see the white flag at all. On what ended up being a last lap we were coming on a lapper in T7 and he went to the right I went to the left of the lapper and I thought I had him but Spalding decided to go on my left and we ended going 4 wide in T7. I lost my drive and was not able to complete the pass I needed a few more yards. No P/B in this race, no 19s at all.

The second F40 was Unlimited F-40 and I again had a good start. In T2 a rider behind me went for an outside pass and ended moto-crossing from T2 all the way to mid T3 almost taking Tea out as he rejoined the race. I continue to have some troubles with sliding in right hand turns and at one point I almost lost the rear in the carousel. That was a scary moment to say the least. I lost the momentum which allowed the guy behind me to catch up and eventually pass me after T6A. I must say those litter bikes are fast. My pace was much slower in this race versus GTU. No P/B no 19s.

The last race was HWY SBK and again I had a good start but with no one to chase I was not having fun and after few slides, I decided to call it a day and pulled in at the mid-point of the race. I missed Kim in this race. Better safe than sorry.

Overall I am happy with my performance, I had achieved what my initial goal for the year was: to get into teens. I could have done better in the other races but it is what it is. Lack of seat time is evident and I must work on my stamina. I was very tired at the end of the day.

I would like to say thank you to Tea and Steve, Kim and Nolan, Jeff and Jeremy and of course Mr. Wheelly Malinowicz for all their help.

Dejan
CCS very very Amateur #144
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 04:54 PM

Sportbike: 2007 GSXR 1000
Years Riding: .05 Years
How you found us: RAT

Thanks for the kind words guys. I just got home but im alive Rumor was oil on the track but I recall about 3 minutes bewteen crash and chopper ride

Glad to year you guys had a good weekend, Im glad I got to see Germany and Scotty dance like little girls celebrating 12's on Saturday.

CCS AM 454
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
I don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eE jeremy View Post
Good work this weekend!

So who won the drag race to the finish line, you or wally?
Wally won and lost it... lol

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
I don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alocker View Post
Thanks for the kind words guys. I just got home but im alive Rumor was oil on the track but I recall about 3 minutes bewteen crash and chopper ride

Glad to year you guys had a good weekend, Im glad I got to see Germany and Scotty dance like little girls celebrating 12's on Saturday.

This is good new...
And I think between the red flag and the heli touching down there were maybe 10min....

I think Scotty was as excited as me..

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Gixxer Rider

Sportbike: K6 & K9 GSXR1000s
Years Riding: 12th season
How you found us: SBN

Quote:
Glad you're alright man. I was right behind you when it happened. Curious if you caught any footage on your GoPro.

Track Junkie #79
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 08:57 PM

Sportbike: none...all gone
Years Riding: a while
How you found us: ken

Quote:

Alex, glad you feel good enough to post....I hate the chopper thing......

CCS race official
sold the track bike
too slow to ride

"Repairs end December 31. 2011."

OK, it was a tough day.....back open again!!!
Bring me your broken down machines.

Butch @ 630-777-0273

Ytrap #819, forever in my prayers.
Arch, this Bud is for you..
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 12:20 AM
Addicted

Glad you're posting Alex, had us all a bit worried, there were a bunch of us involved in the incident both infront and behind you if you have any questions. But yeah, oil...

Shitty Pass Racing #513
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 02:31 AM

Sportbike: 2007 GSXR 1000
Years Riding: .05 Years
How you found us: RAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germany View Post
This is good new...
And I think between the red flag and the heli touching down there were maybe 10min....

I think Scotty was as excited as me..
Wow, I though maybe I was out for awhile. I know it took much longer when Travis when down last year.

Im going to miss Scotty as a tuner. IMO he is really the standout in the CCS scene. Not to take away from any of the other guys, he is just great to work with. I owe some of my best times to him (1:14.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan1300 View Post
Glad you're alright man. I was right behind you when it happened. Curious if you caught any footage on your GoPro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by butchf View Post
Alex, glad you feel good enough to post....I hate the chopper thing......
Thanks for the concern. GoPro was not on. This was due to having the plan to take it easy. It was my last session and I had so far executed this plan. Crazy how this world works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eE jeremy View Post
Glad you're posting Alex, had us all a bit worried, there were a bunch of us involved in the incident both infront and behind you if you have any questions. But yeah, oil...
Thanks for caring. Did someone blow a motor? I heard a few guys crashed before me but I did not see shit before I fell.

Any idea what "gloved" my forarem? This was the term the EMT's used for my forarm being peeled down. Sorry for the gore, but I can post pics of it sewed up if anyone is interested. I know have a lifetime conversation piece. I still cannot for the live of me figure out how it happended. I looked at the suit and the bike.

CCS AM 454

Last edited by alocker; 08-21-2012 at 02:33 AM.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 04:16 AM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Gloved term may be something that the local EMTs use. I'll have to ask my brother this saturday.

As for how it happend, sometimes it just does. Maybe one of the two who got back up and took off may know more.

Either way, be glad the bags were there (and put in a better position than how they used to do them).

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 07:23 AM
Kim

Sportbike: '08 GSXR 750
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: hubby's a member!

Quote:

Any idea what "gloved" my forarem? This was the term the EMT's used for my forarm being peeled down. Sorry for the gore, but I can post pics of it sewed up if anyone is interested. I know have a lifetime conversation piece. I still cannot for the live of me figure out how it happended. I looked at the suit and the bike.
Degloving injuries are caused by high-speed shearing forces - i.e. being dragged or pushed at a high rate of speed, which causes tissue layers to separate. This commonly occurs in hands and forearms. Since your suit isn't living tissue it isn't subject to the same type of injury and won't show the same damage.

I'm so glad to see you posting and to hear you're home. Coming through a few seconds after you guys was not a good situation. I hope your healing process goes quickly and smoothly.

CCS #912
STT Coach #912
Former NESBA CR #29
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 07:50 AM
Addicted

supposedly the rod that goes through the engine that activates the clutch when you pull the cable wasn't assembled correctly and when the bike leaned left oil would dump out that area of the engine. There were atleast 2 people in front of you that crashed and I ran off into the grass in front of you.

Shitty Pass Racing #513
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 09:04 AM
#40 expert

Sportbike: gsxr600
Years Riding: 40+ years started at four (My dad still rides Motocross at 80)
How you found us: nesba.com

I have scrapes in the sides of my faring from the bus stop T4 and T6 Maybe I should get off the bike farther

DESIGN-ENGINE|EDUCATION
Pro/ENGINEER training ZX6R CCS Expert #40 #1 plate holder
http://design-engine.com/category/racing/ RACE BLOG
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 09:18 AM
Not too Slow Not too Fast

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Falco
Years Riding: Too many
How you found us: ApriliaForum.com

Send a message via Yahoo to RSVMillenian
Quote:
Originally Posted by design-engine View Post
I have scrapes in the sides of my faring from the bus stop T4 and T6 Maybe I should get off the bike farther
Call me stupid, but I don't get this post.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Dejan
CCS very very Amateur #144
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by design-engine View Post
I was watching you through T4 and wondering if you were hitting shit on the curbing.

Shitty Pass Racing #513
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Mooooooove!!

Sportbike: 09 zx6r (the spotted Kaw)
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: a member at a track day

I finally come out to race and jeesh.. What a weekend.. A little bittersweet to say the least. I skipped the early practice, mainly because of the 48 degree overnight temps, I waited for the track to heat up a little. Finally went out and just started doing laps, wasn't really feeling it until the last one before lunch where I was able to do pretty much all 16's & 17's which I was ok with for my 3rd time out for the day. So we went out after lunch and had ourselves a nice little train of guys rolling pretty good, then out comes the red r6 and there he high sides in front of jeremy and I'm saying to myself, "where the hell am I gonna go here" jeremy picked the grass straight ahead so I figured I'd take the normal line through 2 and just stay at speed until 3 and throw an arm up, I turned in and faster than I could blink i was on the deck, going through in 4th I knew I was going at a good clip so I just relaxed and kept all of my limbs up so they didn't catch, I watched my bike slide and then while still sliding I somehow spun around only to see my buddy mike coming straight at me with 3 other bikes. Finally I came to a stop but the bikes were still coming at me and all I could think was, there has to be something on the track because I touched nothing, so I hope none of these guys hit it or I'm gonna have a bike flying right into me, luckily they all made it through and I saw Alex trying to get up and Nolan flying through the grass only to see him down once i got to the grass. I picked up my bike, told the corner worker that there had to be oil or something on the track. Sure nough there was :-/

My bike suffered pretty bad, severely bent fork, horribly bent triple and a bent wheel. Luckily I found an entire front end on eBay today so I won't be out long. But what really matters is, I somehow crashed in turn 2 at full speed w/o any injuries to myself.. weird

I stuck around to help Dustin with tires and decided to put my buddy mike bell on a set of pirelli's that I had, one practice session and he came back wide eyed like HOLY SHIT those things are awesome. Got to watch jeremy nail it down with I believe Ryan which was fun to watch. Shitty weekend for me but great weekend for all, no use crying over spilt milk, just get up an do it again!!

Team Mooo-ve over #219
Red Headed Step Child Nesba CR #21
STT A #21

Last edited by j_fuggin_t; 08-21-2012 at 11:05 AM.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Addicted

Gron4 pics are up
http://www.gron4.net/2012/081912/

Shitty Pass Racing #513
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
I don't know...

... and laptimes...

post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 10:52 AM
#40 expert

Dang. I ran some consistent 12's and chancing chris shaffer down I rammed in a 1:11.5 < my all time record. Now I need to work on consistent 11's

DESIGN-ENGINE|EDUCATION
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 12:56 PM
sv corners faster than r6

Sportbike: 09R6/13KTM 250xc race,SV1K,g1 sv proj.
Years Riding: >30 yrs
How you found us: Under a rock

I was really happy to go almost 2 sec. faster than the last BHF race in July. Interestingly enough, I set my personal best (16) during this same Aug. round last year. Now if I could keep it there or improve in Sept. and start off from there in May next year... Got a long way to go to be more competitive. Kevin VE got down to 12s on a freaking SV!!

SV88/SVR6/Steve sv23
CCS MW 88 AMA Enduro B 631
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 02:41 PM
#40 expert

12's on an SV Whats the record for SV's at BHF ?

DESIGN-ENGINE|EDUCATION
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 03:23 PM
G2G

Sportbike: It changes everyday
Years Riding: since 1991
How you found us: Ur mom

12's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode