Endurance Track Day Benefit June 21st - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

MotoVid.com This forum is for discussion about Motovid events.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2005 CBR600RR
Years Riding: 9 yrs. racing; 34+ years riding
How you found us: [email protected]

Endurance Track Day Benefit June 21st

CLSB'ers,

Intermediate and Advance riders interested in an endurance style, 2 group format track day with 30 min sessions and a pledge drive to benefit our furry little friends?

The Engelhart Center Endurance Track Day benefit for Dane County Humane Society Ride For Pets on Mon June 21st is for you!

Pledge Prizes include FREE track days and rider clinics from motovid.com for the top pledge producers for each group.

Based largely on the Motovid.com All Levels Motorcycle Track Day format, there will only be TWO run groups (Advance/Intermediate) with VERY LIMITED grids, advance and intermediate ONLY.

Track Championship Rider Clinic classes will be performed between sessions as an option to work with our Instructor and control rider crew. Lunch and souvenir DVD from Motovid.com will be provided.

http://www.motovid.com/catalog/artic...articles_id=13

As a special promo for the first 10 riders, SAVE $$$ when you sign up using the link below with code: CLSB4PETS to save $25.00. You MUST be a CLSB member and offer only good thru motovid.com online registration.

That's right, ONLY $175.00 for tons of seat time, AND an opportunity to WIN free track days and rider clinics from motovid.com with your participation in the Ride For Pets Pedge drive and FREE instruction from Track Championship Rider Clinic Instructors.

http://www.motovid.com/catalog/produ...&products_id=7

For more details, forms for this special track day and pledge drive, contact Shawn @ Engelhart Center (608) 274-2366

see you at the track,
motovid.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 09:16 AM
I don't know...

Sportbike: more than one... one less now...
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Some girl was talking about it.

In

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Orgynizer

Sportbike: 07 600RR
Years Riding: 8 years
How you found us: ......................

Awesome, lots of track time. Now to sell a kidney...hey ninjaeric

Shelly
STT Northern Promotions Coordinator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 12:31 PM
I don't know...

So... now its post...

Well I had fun, the weather was good, just a bit wet in the first session, and a little rain in the Afternoon...
The tacktime was good. A very light A group, I had lots of fun. since I lack on Body postions and lines I focused on that, plus beeing on a loaner bike made me a bit slow overall but I belive I didn't get in anyones way, so I'm happy!
Thanks Steve And Marr for the ride!

Only bad thing was that this was the most red-flags I saw on a trackday... I belive there was not one session without a crash.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 12:36 PM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: some guy at the IBM credit union told me about it

From what I heard at end of day things weren't as serious or bad in that last one as I had feared - The second bike did not strike the downed rider.

It was a hot and pretty rough day that really showed me how out of shape I have gotten but overall I had a great day. Seemed the heat + those 30 minute sessions really took their toll on a lot of people. That had to be one of the main reasons for all the crashes - there were a lot of good riders going down.

I have some pics and videos up if anyone wants to try to find themselves.

http://www.gregconsier.com/Motorcycl...09414869_dT7uV

probably best off switching the view to thumbnails and all on one page to go through them all.

My HD replacement GoPro took a dump so I switched to the wide - seems like it was posessed as the video came out pretty bad and seems to jump back and forth in time - it also spliced some different videos together while in the cam, who knew they could f*ck up in such advanced ways
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 12:39 PM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650

btw - not sure which bike you were on - but if this you Germany?

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 12:54 PM

Sportbike: nada
Years Riding: 18
How you found us: No idea

Send a message via AIM to Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotgreg View Post
From what I heard at end of day things weren't as serious or bad in that last one as I had feared - The second bike did not strike the downed rider.

It was a hot and pretty rough day that really showed me how out of shape I have gotten but overall I had a great day. Seemed the heat + those 30 minute sessions really took their toll on a lot of people. That had to be one of the main reasons for all the crashes - there were a lot of good riders going down.

I have some pics and videos up if anyone wants to try to find themselves.

http://www.gregconsier.com/Motorcycl...09414869_dT7uV

probably best off switching the view to thumbnails and all on one page to go through them all.

My HD replacement GoPro took a dump so I switched to the wide - seems like it was posessed as the video came out pretty bad and seems to jump back and forth in time - it also spliced some different videos together while in the cam, who knew they could f*ck up in such advanced ways

Is your GoPro Motorsports Wide possessed or is that a common problem? I am thinking of buying one.

Anyway nice pics. Wish I could have made it to this Motovid day.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Is your GoPro Motorsports Wide possessed or is that a common problem? I am thinking of buying one.

Anyway nice pics. Wish I could have made it to this Motovid day.
I don't know. I have had some very strange issues with them and I don't think I have abused them.
This is the second time I used the wide - it had no issues the first time.
It was mounted differently this time however, the first time I used it I had it mounted on the tail - this time it was mounted to the nose of the bike. Perhaps the vibration from my bike? The Aprilia does vibrate quite a bit.

This time the HD would turn on, all the menu options worked but when I hit the shutter button it just went beep beep and flashed the red led once and that was it.

The crazy crap this wide did.. I don't even know how it did it.. It jumps all over the place and sometimes spliced different videos together.

Bah. I have bought 3 wides (2 for friends and 1 for me) and now one HD (I am on a warranty replacement unit now) - I'd say I am a good customer - I hope they make good on this crap. I am not going to be paying 10$ a week to send the stupid thing back and wait for another one over and over again while they take my "new" one and send me a refurb that was probably someone elses problem.

incidentally here are the videos. I will just put link up now - need to find that embed code LonelyRaven sent me

video from pre lunch and post lunch - i have a couple more but they are even more posessed

skip ahead a bit - watch what it does when I am getting flagged to go out - or even the ride through the paddock to go on track
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 01:13 PM
I don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotgreg View Post
btw - not sure which bike you were on - but if this you Germany?

Yes, that was the loaner... I must have been on a pouching trip again from the look of the pic... Do you have any other pics? I take it was you and some other peeps at the fence between 4 and 5....

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 01:26 PM
I don't know...

I found them... thanks...

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Certified TRACK WHORE

Sportbike: 2008 R6 Race, 2009 R6 Street, 2005 GSXR Track
Years Riding: hmmmmmmm
How you found us: Word is in da streets(SuperGirl)

Yeah, awesome day!

CCS #55 - Proudly sponsored by Farrell Performance, Motovid, Southeast Sales, Vortex, U.S. Chrome

MOTOVID.COM STAFF: CR(Control Rider) + Rider Clinic Instructor

MSF Certified Instructor/Rider Coach

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode