POST June 9th. MOTOVID - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

MotoVid.com This forum is for discussion about Motovid events.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
I don't know...

Sportbike: more than one... one less now...
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Some girl was talking about it.

POST June 9th. MOTOVID

Was a great day... All I'm saying is the grass is green on most corners - thats all I have to say!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 09:40 PM

Sportbike: R6, SV1000s, rm250
Years Riding: since 2001 in socal
How you found us: team chicago

I concur.
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
I don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSpud View Post
I concur.
and bikes with oil are faster than bikes without...
I had a blast following you and all the other fast guys out there, thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 09:56 PM

Sportbike: A weed wacker
Years Riding: Just started today as a matter of fact..
How you found us: A dream I had once

Send a message via MSN to JRSMAIL
Germany, what bike where you on and which corner are you picking the blades of green?

Jon
MSF Instructor

<---- Useless

Always Stand For What You Believe In... Even If Means You Stand Alone...
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
I don't know...

I was the black, red and gold one with the orange fender... the bike parked next to Marr, when you came by. And i went checking out the grass thickness at the kink before the busstop...

post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 10:02 PM

Why didn't you introduce yourself as I never know whos who?

What session grass picking, second or three, I remember see someone out there

Jon
MSF Instructor

<---- Useless

Last edited by JRSMAIL; 06-09-2010 at 10:05 PM.
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Enjoying Life!!

Sportbike: 09 Night Rod Black Denim
Years Riding: Not Long Enuff!!!!
How you found us: Friends

Think was session 2 lol.

Great time with everyone!! Thanks for the input Jon. Good to see and ride with quite a few on here. Maybe someday I cam be fast as Germany without checking the landscaping

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later!!
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
I don't know...

It was the second I believe... I was back for the third session, and had a really nice run behind Sean Hill, we passed people in the carousel in the outside lane, just awesome stuff.

Yes I keep usually quiet and stay low profile...

post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 10:10 PM

Anyway, I had a super great day, but I am spent. All groups today had been rolling pretty good. The sport touring folks looked to have much fun and drag many hard parts at the same time.

Jon
MSF Instructor

<---- Useless

post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
I don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHeYeNNe View Post
Think was session 2 lol.

Great time with everyone!! Thanks for the input Jon. Good to see and ride with quite a few on here. Maybe someday I cam be fast as Germany without checking the landscaping
But only if you don't get spooked by raindrops...

Last edited by Germany; 06-09-2010 at 10:25 PM.
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Enjoying Life!!

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later!!
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 10:23 PM

Sportbike: nada
Years Riding: 18
How you found us: No idea

Send a message via AIM to Nexus
Today was ridiculously awesome. First off thanks to all the Motovid staff. This was honestly my favorite trackday of the year. Everything was very well run and communicated. Even there there were a lot of riders I felt there was an abundance of CRs. The morning riders meeting was great and the breakout of each group was really nice. Meeting the different people involved was great too.

For one of the guys I came with it was his first day. He had nothing, but great things to say as well.

--

Today was also the first time I rode "Intermediate" with any organization. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I knew to just ride my ride. Special thanks to CR David Kim. I didn't know he was there until he pulled up next to me before one of the early sessions. He gave me a great tow and showed me the proper lines through a few turns. His tip on the carousel was awesome. We talked later in the pits and his feedback and instruction was easily understood. Hopefully the Motovid guys read this and know Dave is doing a great job out there.

It was fun to finally see andride with more of the guys on CLSB. Cheyenne and I hooked up a few sessions and that was a blast! Around the 4th or 5th session we were running about 1.26 flat....but darn his 1000cc's of pain! :P LOL In a later session we hooked up again and had a blast until a pesky R1 decided to slow down a lot for every corner. I did sneak passed Cheyenne 1 or 2 times going into 5...mostly because he got stuck behind a rider and I went outside of them LOL :P Now I have to figure out how you took off so fast that one session on the first lap!

The 2nd to last session CR Dave Kim followed me and gave me another tow. We met in the pits afterwards and went over some key things I was doing. Dave thanks for that "smooth and relax" thing. I tried to remember that and apply it for the last session and I ended up turning my fastest laps even when they didn't feel fast.

What a blast today!! In the end I was able to turn 1.25s and 1.26 consistently and did a best of 1.24.27 in the last session.

---

Oh and Sean Hill is a great guy. He stopped by our pits multiple times just to chat and see how we were doing. It was great meeting him. I noticed he made a point to try and talk to many people. Again the whole Motovid crew really runs an excellent program all around.

Last edited by Nexus; 06-09-2010 at 10:25 PM.
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Enjoying Life!!

It's called twisting the throttle def fun playing with ya today and yea them damn liter bikes getting in my way

post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 10:28 PM

Cheyenne, did you late apex turn six in your last session?
You knew you needed to do, but did you?

Jon
MSF Instructor

<---- Useless

post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 10:48 PM

Sportbike: nada
Years Riding: 18
How you found us: No idea

Send a message via AIM to Nexus
Quote:
It's called twisting the throttle def fun playing with ya today and yea them damn liter bikes getting in my way
funny. Liter bike complaining about liter bikes LOL

I could almost feel you riding behind me and was waiting for you to pull past a few times on the back straight.

Sunshine I saw you a few times out there. It's hard to miss that big sun patch on your leathers

Pocket Rockets...glad they bumped you out of Beginner and into Intermediate.

King you looked good out there. I watch a lot of Beginner because it was my friends first trackday. Glad you got a ride out.

Spudbud...nice meeting you and Coyote.

I have a few random pics I will post up.

---

So how long does it take to get the DVD from Motovid. No hurry, but I'm just wondering when I should attack my mailbox. The $10 DVD for pics was great to...Thanks Redline Photo!
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 11:38 PM
[Online]

Sportbike: Multistrada 1100S; CBR600RR
Years Riding: Since 2004
How you found us: CRR

Awesome day! My first time with Motovid and so far I like it a lot. Wish I could take more days off during a work week.

I was with the STN/CRR second I group. I have to say some guys on FJRs and such were pretty quick for the bikes they were riding... Some of them less so (first time on a track, I guess), but it wasn't a problem in the slightest. Passing was easy.

- Stas

Thou shalt not disfigure the soul.
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 09:51 AM

Sportbike: R6, SV1000s, rm250
Years Riding: since 2001 in socal
How you found us: team chicago

Nice to meet you too Tony. It was great seeing everyone again and meeting/getting reacquainted with people I don't get to see often enough.
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
I don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Today was ridiculously awesome. First off thanks to all the Motovid staff. This was honestly my favorite trackday of the year. Everything was very well run and communicated. Even there there were a lot of riders I felt there was an abundance of CRs. The morning riders meeting was great and the breakout of each group was really nice. Meeting the different people involved was great too.

For one of the guys I came with it was his first day. He had nothing, but great things to say as well.

--

Today was also the first time I rode "Intermediate" with any organization. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I knew to just ride my ride. Special thanks to CR David Kim. I didn't know he was there until he pulled up next to me before one of the early sessions. He gave me a great tow and showed me the proper lines through a few turns. His tip on the carousel was awesome. We talked later in the pits and his feedback and instruction was easily understood. Hopefully the Motovid guys read this and know Dave is doing a great job out there.

It was fun to finally see andride with more of the guys on CLSB. Cheyenne and I hooked up a few sessions and that was a blast! Around the 4th or 5th session we were running about 1.26 flat....but darn his 1000cc's of pain! :P LOL In a later session we hooked up again and had a blast until a pesky R1 decided to slow down a lot for every corner. I did sneak passed Cheyenne 1 or 2 times going into 5...mostly because he got stuck behind a rider and I went outside of them LOL :P Now I have to figure out how you took off so fast that one session on the first lap!

The 2nd to last session CR Dave Kim followed me and gave me another tow. We met in the pits afterwards and went over some key things I was doing. Dave thanks for that "smooth and relax" thing. I tried to remember that and apply it for the last session and I ended up turning my fastest laps even when they didn't feel fast.

What a blast today!! In the end I was able to turn 1.25s and 1.26 consistently and did a best of 1.24.27 in the last session.

---

Oh and Sean Hill is a great guy. He stopped by our pits multiple times just to chat and see how we were doing. It was great meeting him. I noticed he made a point to try and talk to many people. Again the whole Motovid crew really runs an excellent program all around.
It was good seeing you. I was looking for you in the first sessions, but I belive the only time I saw you was when I was waiting in the bus stop to come back on the track, and you went by. You got pretty quick!

post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Fat guy on a sport bike

Sportbike: Schwinn
Years Riding: 7 minutes and 52 seconds
How you found us: ask.com

I walked away yesterday VERY disappointed. I'm very disappointed that I'm am going to be throwing more money at tires, track time, and riding clinics. Motovid put on a hell of an event. I moved up to I after the first two sessions and could not have been happier. The pace was much more on pace to what I like to be running (even if I was closer to the bottom end of the group.)

After lunch, I got toted around by Shawn Hill. I wasn't exiting certain corners as I should have been so that really helped me just feel a lot smoother and drop my times. On that particular session, I actually had one of the video bikes behind me and he got about 5-6 min of good footage of me. We were able to sit down immediately afterwords and review the raw footage so it EXTREMELY helped put what he was saying into context. Shawn is not only a great rider and teacher, but just a genuinely nice guy to boot. I will definetly be planning some more motovid days into my schedule, and hopefully be able to do one of the rider clinics!

Nice seeing everyone there as well! It was a hell of a day for a track day!
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Fat guy on a sport bike

Sportbike: Schwinn
Years Riding: 7 minutes and 52 seconds
How you found us: ask.com

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
funny. Liter bike complaining about liter bikes LOL
It's because he rides a CBR. If it was a GSXR, then he wouldn't have that problem
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Not too Slow Not too Fast

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Falco
Years Riding: Too many
How you found us: ApriliaForum.com

Send a message via Yahoo to RSVMillenian
After all I had a great day yesterday. I didn’t know what to expect since this was my first time at BHF and with Motovid. The fact that all of my friends have crashed at BHF at one time did not help.
I arrived at BHF just after midnight and found Supergirl, PilotX1 and Chris (K3) from trackdaymag.com wrenching on their bikes? It was almost 1am!

The riders meeting was loud and clear. The first 3 sessions I had no clue what I was doing and I was doing everything wrong. I could not get the lines I was all over the track and I was scared, and I mean SCARED of the bus stop. I would start the sessions on the back and try to work on the lines, but my frustration was exponentially growing with each passing lap. I was not having a good time to say the least.

For the fourth session I asked CR-Gary to show me the ropes and for the whole session I rode behind him hitting the “dots” and getting comfortable. I would like to apologize to all of you if I was slowing you down. That session was extremely helpful and it restored my confidence, it was so much easier to ride. Thank you Gary!

In the following sessions I had a blast. The puzzles in my head “clicked” together and I was able to hit the marks most of the time, and was able to pick-up the pace and enjoy the experience. I decided not to start at the back and was able to hold my own and pass few people and even lap some riders in the last session. I am looking forward to my next BHF experience.

Stefan aka Germany: You are one fast rider with a great smile on your face all day. You are a great guy to be around. BTW at the end before we left a Landscaping Union was looking for you, they want their jobs back!

Cheyenne: you rode very well; you pass me few times like I was standing. Nice seeing you there.

Sunshine: It was a pleasure hanging around with you and don’t worry I will not post ay pictures without your approval first.

Nexus: You looked great out there, I tried following you in the 2nd session but you were too fast for my comfort level. At the end of the day (last 2 sessions) I was able to keep you in my sights the complete session but could not come closer then 10 bike lengths. It was either a huge improvement on my part (that’s what she said) or you slowed down!

Supergirl: You Rock! What else can I say but Thank You!

Jason: Special Thanks for taking my bike and for being such a nice guy. Thank you a lot! You are a keeper! LOL!

Steph: Nice seeing you there, thanks for coming out and your support.

Dejan
CCS very very Amateur #144
post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 12:19 PM
:D i rides again!!!

Sportbike: R6
Years Riding: the R6? a few years now
How you found us: Sea Biscut

Send a message via MSN to coyotee Send a message via Yahoo to coyotee
twist the throttle... i'm gonna have to do that the next time i go out.
i had a great day! it was nice to finally meet some of you too

i worked on my lines and my postioning, now i need to work on giving her more gas.
thanks for the loading help, cheyene and germany! and thanks for taking my bike to the track seabiscut

oh RSV... i bet i was slower than you :P

Last edited by coyotee; 06-10-2010 at 12:22 PM.
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 12:38 PM

Sportbike: Ducati 848(track), BMW S1000RR(street?)
Years Riding: 5 Years
How you found us: friends

Great day, thanks for letting borrow some tools Germany. Got bumped up at the end of the day to Intermediate, nervous now.

NESBA #24 Beginner
post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Shhhhhh.....

Sportbike: K6 GSXR600, 2012 Harley-Davidson XL1200N
Years Riding: I'm old. It's been a long time.
How you found us: google

Howdy, all. Yesterday was my first track day and it was great at BHF. I learned a ton and I'll be bumping to the I's on my next day.

I was the guy near the silo with the Enterprise Rental Van and a Black GSXR 600. I had a black helmet with a 13 on the side.

So, when are ya'll going to BHF again for a track day?
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Certified TRACK WHORE

Sportbike: 2008 R6 Race, 2009 R6 Street, 2005 GSXR Track
Years Riding: hmmmmmmm
How you found us: Word is in da streets(SuperGirl)

Yeah, yet another GREAT MotoVid day!!!!!!!!

Was not one of my best track days due to major charlie horse cramps in my calf but I made the best of it and the company of friends made it even better!!!

I was amused after getting back to Germany's house and "squidding" it home. I refused to put my leathers back on, so I rode home in helmet, nylon sweats, tshirt, gauntlet gloves and slip on shoes. I felt naked and like a big ritard!!!

CCS #55 - Proudly sponsored by Farrell Performance, Motovid, Southeast Sales, Vortex, U.S. Chrome

MOTOVID.COM STAFF: CR(Control Rider) + Rider Clinic Instructor

MSF Certified Instructor/Rider Coach
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 01:29 PM

Sportbike: Ducati 848(track), BMW S1000RR(street?)
Years Riding: 5 Years
How you found us: friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
Yeah, yet another GREAT MotoVid day!!!!!!!!

Was not one of my best track days due to major charlie horse cramps in my calf but I made the best of it and the company of friends made it even better!!!

I was amused after getting back to Germany's house and "squidding" it home. I refused to put my leathers back on, so I rode home in helmet, nylon sweats, tshirt, gauntlet gloves and slip on shoes. I felt naked and like a big ritard!!!
that squid attire would be considered overkill by most people who ride in that area.

NESBA #24 Beginner
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Jewrassic Park Runaway

Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha FZ1 Sleeper
Years Riding: I quit smoking 6 years ago
How you found us: www.chicagorussianriders.com

We had a great day at our ST.net and CRR group. We had such a diverse group - from total track newbies on 700 lbs bikes, to FJR jockeys running 1.29, to NESBA advanced riders in there.

It was safe and fun and MOTOVID rocks!

There was a rider at one of the sessions that I think was a video guy since he did not belonged to our group and did not wear CR shirt - white and read leathers, don't remember the bike, he followed me for some time when I was doing good lapping and at the end of the session, when going into pits, showed me "thumbs up"

Anyone knows him?

And thanks Motovid, as usual - running as a well oiled machine! I remember PTT days when we would sit at pit line for 10-20 minutes waiting for recovery or some other delay almost every session, never happened to me at Motovid day yet! good work!
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samal View Post
We had a great day at our ST.net and CRR group. We had such a diverse group - from total track newbies on 700 lbs bikes, to FJR jockeys running 1.29, to NESBA advanced riders in there.

It was safe and fun and MOTOVID rocks!

There was a rider at one of the sessions that I think was a video guy since he did not belonged to our group and did not wear CR shirt - white and read leathers, don't remember the bike, he followed me for some time when I was doing good lapping and at the end of the session, when going into pits, showed me "thumbs up"

Anyone knows him?

And thanks Motovid, as usual - running as a well oiled machine! I remember PTT days when we would sit at pit line for 10-20 minutes waiting for recovery or some other delay almost every session, never happened to me at Motovid day yet! good work!
I believe the white / red leathers was myself and also had the Advance sticker, as I had Video duties for group.

I have to give credit for peps on the heavy touring type bikes and it look like a lot of work, more work then I would have done.

I did caution one person as he was dragging hard parts on the ground and did not want him to get to carried away and throw it away along with get hurt. He said that he was having fun with was important.

I was a great event and hope many people had fun with much enjoyment.

Jon
MSF Instructor

<---- Useless

post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Jewrassic Park Runaway

Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha FZ1 Sleeper
Years Riding: I quit smoking 6 years ago
How you found us: www.chicagorussianriders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSMAIL View Post
I believe the white / red leathers was myself and also had the Advance sticker, as I had Video duties for group.

I have to give credit for peps on the heavy touring type bikes and it look like a lot of work, more work then I would have done.

I did caution one person as he was dragging hard parts on the ground and did not want him to get to carried away and throw it away. He said that he was having fun with was important.

I was a great event and hope many people had fun with much enjoyment.

Cool, I was black R6 #711 How did I look?

Last edited by samal; 06-10-2010 at 02:45 PM.
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 02:43 PM

Sportbike: '08 Honda CBR1000rr
Years Riding: Long enough to know better
How you found us: From a friend

Just want to say what a great time it was at the Blackhawk Farms/Motovid event yesterday!

I really needed to get a little riding time myself since I'm on my way down to Gateway for the CCS races there this weekend, and good people and perfect weather made this latest BFR/Motovid event one of the best ever!

Thanks to everyone who came out. I enjoyed meeting more of you and seeing a lot of familiar faces.

Looking forward to the rest of the Blackhawk Farms/Motovid season, where Turn One Racing will be providing the highest level of trackside support at one of my favorite tracks!

Marshall Skloss
CCS#19 ASRA#191
Midwest Trackside Vendor and Support
www.TurnOneRacing.com
Comprehensive Track Bike Preparations, Modifications, and Repairs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode