CLSB discounts for BFR Sept. events! - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

MotoVid.com This forum is for discussion about Motovid events.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2005 CBR600RR
Years Riding: 9 yrs. racing; 34+ years riding
How you found us: [email protected]

Cool CLSB discounts for BFR Sept. events!

CLSB'ers,

We are nearing the end of motorcycle riding season @ BFR for 2010.

As a thank you for your support and participation in 2010, BFR & Motovid.com are providing a SPECIAL discount code for ChicagolandSportbikes.com members worth $20.00 off!

CODE: CLSBSEPTVIP

Good for $20.00 off ANY of our remaining events in Sept.

Weds. Sept. 1 - All Levels Motorcycle Track Day presented by South East Sales and Racer Cafe'
Weds. Sept. 22 - All Levels Motorcycle Track Day presented by South East Sales
Sat. Sept. 25 - Track Championship Rider Clinic

This offer is limited, available only to current CLSB members, not good with any other offer or combination thereof. You must pre-register online @ motovid.com.

http://www.motovid.com/catalog/

See you at the track!

motovid.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 04:07 PM

Sportbike: nada
Years Riding: 18
How you found us: No idea

Send a message via AIM to Nexus
Thanks for posting the info.

Can you clarify a question I have? Is LCR now running all the sessions with Motovid instead of the normal 2 sessions they do plus the mock race? This past Riders Clinic they ran almost every session with the exception of maybe 2 or 3 in the morning.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Nexus,

Sorry to you and other Rider Clinic participants with respect to the combined group confusion at our Aug. Rider Clinic. You understand this was a special situation we are still working thru to help BFR and CCS.

Last event this was a challenge for us all and completely out of the norm. I spoke with BFR about this and from my conversation, the traditional LCR schedule will be back in place for Sat. Aug. 25.

So to answer your question, NO, the LCR Licensing clinic will not be run in every Rider Clinic session...as this activity is not required for their successful completion of the curriculum and simply difficult logistically.

Thank you for your support and participation. We hope to see you on track with us for the last event.

motovid.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 09:14 PM

Sportbike: nada
Years Riding: 18
How you found us: No idea

Send a message via AIM to Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by motovid.com View Post
Nexus,

Sorry to you and other Rider Clinic participants with respect to the combined group confusion at our Aug. Rider Clinic. You understand this was a special situation we are still working thru to help BFR and CCS.

Last event this was a challenge for us all and completely out of the norm. I spoke with BFR about this and from my conversation, the traditional LCR schedule will be back in place for Sat. Aug. 25.

So to answer your question, NO, the LCR Licensing clinic will not be run in every Rider Clinic session...as this activity is not required for their successful completion of the curriculum and simply difficult logistically.

Thank you for your support and participation. We hope to see you on track with us for the last event.

motovid.com

Thanks for replying.

I am a huge fan of Motovid and how you guys run events. Most of us realized that on this day there were a lot of things going on. The change in CCS schedule was a huge impact and I think you guys did well.

There were a number of students in "orange group" expressed that they were either not happy or spooked by some of the really fast LCR guys. It didn't bother me and I was pitting with one of the students.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 04:11 PM

Sportbike: Monster s2r, GSX-R 600
Years Riding: on & off many years
How you found us: 600RR

I am a big fan of Motovid rider clinic after the last event, I had learned so much from my coach Leon than all the regular track days I have participated.
As for the running with LCR, I got few close passes from the LCR guys and at the time I didn’t mind that much.
But now I think about it kind bothers me, there are few close passes on turn #6 on the INSIDE and if the guy had low sided he could have taken me out together.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 06:58 PM
I don't know...

Sportbike: more than one... one less now...
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Some girl was talking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motovid.com View Post
Nexus,

motovid.com
sooo... you as insider... CCS will be a two day event with the races from Topeka happening at BFR?

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Germany,

Unfortunately, per BFR/CCS, the Sept. CCS race will be similar to August's event schedule, so that means practice on Sat., race on Sun., one day.

Even so, we should still have a good weekend with some good competition coming up from the GP region on this combined event. Hope to see you out there working on some GP points!

motovid.com
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 01:44 PM

Sportbike: 2008 Triumph Speed Triple, 2000 and 2008 R6 track bikes
Years Riding: Not long enough.
How you found us: another local forum

With this combined schedule how many sessions can we plan on running? I did one earlier in the summer and would like to try the more advanced group this time. The first time was great, I just want to make sure I have a similar experience.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 01:49 PM

The registration link on your site does not work for the 25th.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Joyride,

It doesnt work for the 25th by design, we just started the transition today.

Now it's official, here's the skinny on the 25th;

Due to challenges outside our control, and furthermore, Motovid.com's desire to maintain a consistent, high quality track riding experience, our customers (thank you) have come to expect, we sadly have canceled the upcoming Track Championship Rider Clinic, Sat. Sept. 25th, after considerations to move it once again, back with the All Levels Motorcycle Track Day presented by Southeast Sales on Weds. Sept. 22nd, due to event logistical challenges outside our control.

Many of our customers remember our 2006 - 2008 format had 3 track day run groups; (Novice, Intermediate, Advance) combined with a clinic group so we felt this was might be an option.

However, after conversations with many of the pre-registered students, where this option was presented, we have decided to cancel the Rider Clinic event in its entirety, as opposed to moving it once again from the race practice. If you have not been contacted already, please call Kathleen @ BFR office for a full refund, credit options for this event.

However, there is still room for the All Levels Motorcycle Track Day on Weds. Sept. 22nd.

http://www.motovid.com/catalog/produ...&products_id=3

Of course, we understand the desire for the additional value gained from our Track Championship Rider Clinic program.

Remember, the same instructors are available too all riders at each All Levels Motorcycle Track Day for one on one guidance, assistance and direction. Take advantage of this, they work for you!

I will ask each of them to give additional attention and instruction for those who are interested to try and make up a little bit of the difference for the lost clinic.

We appreciate your support and participation in our program(s) and look forward to another stellar year of All Levels Motorcycle Track Days and Track Championship Rider Clinics at beautiful Blackhawk Farms Raceway in 2011. Proudly, our seventh season.

Hope to see you out at the track for our season finale Sept. 22nd, if not next year!

motovid.com
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 07:18 PM

Glad I wasted a vacation day for the 25th.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode