Chicagoland Sportbikes

MotoVid.com This forum is for discussion about Motovid events.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
d0 work s0n!

Sportbike: '06 GSX-R
Years Riding: Moment I got off the street
How you found us: twinky in the donut?

With the heat and little sleep (thanks NOLAN!!! friggin' chainsaw ) I thought it was going to rough. It was, , but I still managed to have a blast. Saying it was hot was an understatement. I've definitely been spoiled earlier this year with having access to AC. If any weekend was a weekend to have AC at the track it was this weekend. I have to give props to Jfugg as he did his best to help with the heat. Bringing an industrial sized fan and a blower is definitely a good start. Plenty of ice water and the occasional ice down the drawers was another way to beat the heat.

Got to play with the "big dogs" in A and I can't say it was fun being passed all the time but some how it still was. The last two sessions out with Germany, Steve and Brent were great. Had to wait for Steve down the straight but then played catch up in the turns.

Thanks to Shelly for allowing us to pit under the canopy. It was good to see PatFitz, Nolan, Kim, Dave and plenty of other nesbians out playing, including Tex who came down in the afternoon to help in the pits. Thanks bud! Also good to meet Hman675. Hope to see you out again.

I got at least 3 or 4 sessions on video from the morning 'I' and afternoon 'A' sessions but the GoPro was giving me issues all day. I'll try and post them up some time in the next couple of days.

"if i close my mind in fear, please pry it open. if my face becomes sincere beware.
when i start to come undone, stitch me together.
when you see me stretched remind me of what left this outlaw torn."

Last edited by paintedblue; 07-18-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 11:00 AM
G2G

Sportbike: It changes everyday
Years Riding: since 1991
How you found us: Ur mom

Yeah it was a fricken hot one but everyone rode great!!!! I think there was only 2 red flags all day. When we packed up and left the track my truck said it was 95 degrees out at 6 pm. Pretty fricken hot out. I had a blast working with alot of new riders a couple of them were on motards which made it even more fun since I was out on mine. Also got to wick it up in advance for 4 sessions also on the tard and had a blast passing some people on the outside of some corners only to get smoked on the back straight and front straight. LOL

Hman and Paintedblue did great. I was happy to see you guys talen care of business in the advance group. You deserved the bump up to A. It was also fun riding with alot of people who usually dont do motovid days since they are on the week days. We had ALOT of Nesbians and ALOT of STT riders/staff there. Which made it a great day. I was wiped out from driving 14 hours friday and sturday and also doing a sumo race friday night but had enough energy to do 11 sesions on Sunday. I think the thing that nearly made me pass out was walking my bike back to the pits after I ran out of gas. I am a dumbass hahahha.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 11:08 AM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Steve View Post
Yeah it was a fricken hot one but everyone rode great!!!! I think there was only 2 red flags all day. When we packed up and left the track my truck said it was 95 degrees out at 6 pm. Pretty fricken hot out. I had a blast working with alot of new riders a couple of them were on motards which made it even more fun since I was out on mine. Also got to wick it up in advance for 4 sessions also on the tard and had a blast passing some people on the outside of some corners only to get smoked on the back straight and front straight. LOL

Hman and Paintedblue did great. I was happy to see you guys talen care of business in the advance group. You deserved the bump up to A. It was also fun riding with alot of people who usually dont do motovid days since they are on the week days. We had ALOT of Nesbians and ALOT of STT riders/staff there. Which made it a great day. I was wiped out from driving 14 hours friday and sturday and also doing a sumo race friday night but had enough energy to do 11 sesions on Sunday. I think the thing that nearly made me pass out was walking my bike back to the pits after I ran out of gas. I am a dumbass hahahha.
I dont know how you did what you did the last few days with the heat.
I would have evaporated away.

Nice avatar!

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 11:26 AM

Sportbike: 2008 Triumph Speed Triple, 2000 and 2008 R6 track bikes
Years Riding: Not long enough.
How you found us: another local forum

Painted blue I finally got some video of you on the second to last session. I am uploading it now.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
d0 work s0n!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyride View Post
Painted blue I finally got some video of you on the second to last session. I am uploading it now.
Thanks man. Damn it's about time. Ha. Good to finally meet you, hope that taco sammich treated you well.

"if i close my mind in fear, please pry it open. if my face becomes sincere beware.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 11:29 AM

It's HD so it takes a while. Thats if it goes the first time of course. My internet keeps dropping out.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't know...

Sportbike: more than one... one less now...
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Some girl was talking about it.

Props to everyone out there that rode every session and Steve and other CR's that did double up on sessions...

I rode the Hyper in the AM since it take every bit of energy out of me trying to beat that thing around the track without putting hard parts on the ground. Unfortunately the 600 once again only made it to the bus stop for the 3rd time this year... Well a burned up battery later and a borrowed battery gave me the first full session in almost two month... But than I ended back on the hyper, as the guy who borrowed me the battery went home.

I was so beat after the second to last session, that during packing up my stuff I got almost sick from the heat and exhaustion that I ended up laying in my car for about an hour with the AC on high and a ice pack on each side of my head.

After some taco-bell I started to feel better, so that I ended up taking the street bike out after I put all my stuff away...

I'm pretty impressed that there were no major incidents all day, especially with the heat being so extreme.

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
d0 work s0n!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germany View Post
I was so beat after the second to last session, that during packing up my stuff I got almost sick from the heat and exhaustion that I ended up laying in my car for about an hour with the AC on high and a ice pack on each side of my head.
So is that your excuse as to why I passed you?

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 12:05 PM

Sportbike: '12 KTM 150XC
Years Riding: .
How you found us: google

Best sleep of my life ever last night! Friggin exhausted but I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. Was great seeing a lot of people I haven't seen since last year(Steve, Marr, Shelly, Bruce, and Germany)and also some of the Nesba regulars(Nolan, Kim, and Pat). Lars it was nice meeting you too man.

The heat was intense but hydrating two days leading up to Sunday really helped. Once moving on the track it wasn't tooooo bad. Fully perfed and sweat soaked leathers ftw. Got the bump from Steve(Thanks for calling me out at lunch lol) to "A" group before the afternoon sessions and had a total blast! Can't wait until the next one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyride View Post
I recognize your bike from the avatar. Nice meeting you and hope to ride with you some more in the future.

-Chris
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Addicted

Sportbike: 09 Kawi ZX6R, 75' Yamaha RD250, '13 KTM 350 SX-F, '05 Yamaha Zuma
Years Riding: Not nearly long enough
How you found us: followed the squids

Send a message via AIM to eE jeremy
Sounds like a good time, I was out running errands and cleaning the garage and was thinking mannn, I'm glad I'm not riding today LOL

Shitty Pass Racing #513
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Orgynizer

Sportbike: 07 600RR
Years Riding: 8 years
How you found us: ......................

Great and HOT day!! Was impressed with the small amount of red flags and incidents

Great pitting with Lars, Pat and Chris....shade really helps in this weather and some ice cold water down your back doesn't hurt either. Next time we are staying at that hotel....let me start that thread. It was a lil muggy Sat night.

Glad Lars and Chris got the bump to A

Thanks Lars for TRYING to tow me around...lol I was waiting for the 3 of you to pass me in 5 But you guys definitely pushed me and I was working on turn 1 all day. I'm going to work on turn 1 again on the 27th...I need to find the right turn in point....I kept blowing it. I missed a shift once right before turn 1 and was So gotta get smoother if I'm gonna take it faster.

My first play day with Motovid where I got to ride in I all day Definitely need to work on a few things, saw some pics from the last Motovid day and my body position is bad!!

Also some inside passing that shouldn't have been happening. I had to talk to a guy 2nd to last session cuz he passed me on the inside of 1 after I was already turned in. I would've hit him if I didn't stand it up...Marr witnessed the whole thing Oh wait, I got it on video too!

I only got a few pics cuz I was trying to keep cool in between sessions!

Lars, Pat and Chris

Casper

And it never ends

Shelly
STT Northern Promotions Coordinator
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 12:33 PM
I don't know...

Sportbike: more than one... one less now...
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Some girl was talking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedblue View Post
So is that your excuse as to why I passed you?
No, that is just a side note. The excuse is the 82hp air cooled engine with half the ground clearance of any normal bike on the track...
I had steve tow and chase me for a few laps, but it was almost not fair seeing him having so much more ground clearance.

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
d0 work s0n!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Twin View Post
And it never ends
God damnit Steve.

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Orgynizer

Quote:
God damnit Steve.
That was hysterical that you didn't even notice that

Shelly
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Orgynizer

Oh wait....my night got interesting after the track day

deep breath in
Soooo, I almost get taken out at the knees at Taco Bell ....then my right leg and toes start cramping up on the way home...like to where I could barely drive...then traffic on 90 was pretty much a standstill ....then I finally get home and spend 15 minutes trying to back the damn trailer into the garage....cuz I really didn't want to unload the bike since I have ACC this Wed....got it in...then couldn't left the trailer off my hitch, guess I was just too tired and no muscle strength left ...so pull it back out of the garage and now have to unload the bike...then I couldn't pull it out of the chock...again no energy come 8:30pm....Finally got it out and unloaded I'm done.....oh no wait.....then go inside and my damn air wouldn't kick on, I wanted to do this last night
breath out!

Shelly
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Defender of the Innocent

Sportbike: Simon and Garfunkel
Years Riding: over a decade
How you found us: YZFRob

Oh yeah, did anybody mention how HOT it was??

I was doing great in the morning, but the afternoon crushed me. I've had a headache until a half an hour ago...

Great times and good seeing so many of you!!

Tea Palella
Midwest Instructor

SportbikeTrackTime - SportbikeTrackGear - SportbikeTrackGirl

IMMIGracing
CCS #56 - Arlen Ness Racing, Hindle, Silkolene, Suomy, Woodcraft, Vortex, Sharkskinz, PopShadow, TrackdayMag.com, Cyclepath Racing
ChicagoLand Bikers.com
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Defender of the Innocent

Sportbike: Simon and Garfunkel
Years Riding: over a decade
How you found us: YZFRob

also big thanks to Johnny LaConte for his bumps up and down. The first session was quite, um, ridiculous, but Johnny asked a few people to go down a group and said they were complying great!!

Rest of the day was great.
I kept going out with the first few bikes and it was awesome!

Tea Palella
Midwest Instructor

SportbikeTrackTime - SportbikeTrackGear - SportbikeTrackGirl

IMMIGracing
CCS #56 - Arlen Ness Racing, Hindle, Silkolene, Suomy, Woodcraft, Vortex, Sharkskinz, PopShadow, TrackdayMag.com, Cyclepath Racing
ChicagoLand Bikers.com
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
d0 work s0n!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hman675 View Post
Best sleep of my life ever last night! Friggin exhausted but I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. Was great seeing a lot of people I haven't seen since last year(Steve, Marr, Shelly, Bruce, and Germany)and also some of the Nesba regulars(Nolan, Kim, and Pat). Lars it was nice meeting you too man.

The heat was intense but hydrating two days leading up to Sunday really helped. Once moving on the track it wasn't tooooo bad. Fully perfed and sweat soaked leathers ftw. Got the bump from Steve(Thanks for calling me out at lunch lol) to "A" group before the afternoon sessions and had a total blast! Can't wait until the next one!

I recognize your bike from the avatar. Nice meeting you and hope to ride with you some more in the future.
Chris, not sure I even realized this was you until today. Thought you might like it. It's from the June 11-12 BHF weekend.

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 01:29 PM

Sportbike: GSXR 750
Years Riding: 28 years
How you found us: Cruising the 'net

It was a great day in the heat. I took 3 cold showers with a garden hose to cool off. Packing up was a bitch though. I couldn't keep the sweat out of my eyes.

It was sure fun hanging out with everyone. Thanks to Jack for the pointers and riding ideas. I have just a little more speed now.

Linsay
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 01:42 PM

Sportbike: '12 KTM 150XC
Years Riding: .
How you found us: google

Quote:
Chris, not sure I even realized this was you until today. Thought you might like it. It's from the June 11-12 BHF weekend.

Dude I commented on that pic in your own thread back in June.
https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...3&postcount=40

But yeah that was the day I was talking about cause I remember you passed me a couple times exiting T5. In my defense I was still recovering from a slightly sprained pussy that day.

-Chris
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Nuke and Pave

Sportbike: Yamaha R6, BMW RT
Years Riding: R6 2 years, bikes - longer than you!
How you found us: Wink

Cat on a hot tin roof! I rode all the morning sessions and a couple after lunch then packed it in and got home and went swimming. Good crowd, nice to see everyone!

Putnam this weekend!

NESBA #327, Advanced Class
06 Yamaha R6, 04 BMW RT, 72 Honda CB500
"All dogs go to Heaven."
"Being middle of the road started to bore me, so I headed for the ditch."
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
d0 work s0n!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hman675 View Post
Dude I commented on that pic in your own thread back in June.
https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...3&postcount=40

But yeah that was the day I was talking about cause I remember you passed me a couple times exiting T5. In my defense I was still recovering from a slightly sprained pussy that day.
apparently you did. maybe the heat is still getting to me.

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 04:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szcE2jHM1LQ

Last edited by joyride; 07-18-2011 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Could not embed video
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 10:11 AM

Sportbike: CBR 1000RR
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: Member

It was hot!!!! and a ton of fun!! Had a blast just playin around!!
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 10:28 AM
G2G

Sportbike: It changes everyday
Years Riding: since 1991
How you found us: Ur mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman954 View Post
It was hot!!!! and a ton of fun!! Had a blast just playin around!!

Good pittin with ya and having fun with you eggin me on down the front straight
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 12:01 PM

Sportbike: CBR 1000RR
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Steve View Post
Good pittin with ya and having fun with you eggin me on down the front straight
yes it was fun egging you on!! got some good video, nice pass into the bus stop from you lol!!
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Gixxer Rider

Sportbike: K6 & K9 GSXR1000s
Years Riding: 12th season
How you found us: SBN

Quote:
With the heat and little sleep (thanks NOLAN!!! friggin' chainsaw )
Sorry dude. Brutus and I can bring a house down with our snoring.

Good times seeing everybody. The heat was getting to me after the 5th session and I was having issues all day getting the new bike to handle when I tried to pick up the pace. Working on getting some Jordan Motorsports info on set-up. Hopefully that will help.

Track Junkie #79

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode