Advanced Street Skills Clinic - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

MotoVid.com This forum is for discussion about Motovid events.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: GSXR
Years Riding: YEARS
How you found us: FRIEND

Advanced Street Skills Clinic

I just got the green light to roll out a new program with MOTOVID. This happens within a track day, but this particular thing is NOT a track day, and NOT our Sportrider101 clinic.

I've been offered the opportunity to host a Advanced Street Skills Clinic. How is it different than the other stuff we offer?

I'm targeting "street riding groups" BMW club, Women in the Wind, Stilettos on Steel, Hog Chapters, and, even ABATE,. People that want the track experience, without the "trackday" experience of being buzzed by other riders on the straights.

Group will be Capped at 25 people and cost will be less than $225

#1 - I'm imposing a track speed limit of 70 mph. -
#2 - We're going to treat the track as if it were a road, We'll be focus on riding from the inside to center of the track (as if we're staying in our lane) on the street.

#3 - We're relaxing gear requirements to MSF standard Plus, Full face DOT helmet, and Riding Jacket.

#4 - All 2 wheel motorcycles than can achieve 55 mph are included. I'd take somebody on a Bergman. And SPYDERS
#5 last track session you will be able to go 2 up, Though we will bring the "drill" back down to the first session, the goal will be to help you see how a passenger changes a bike.
#6 - Gotta have a motorcycle license.
#7 - Bike requirements, good tires (not new, but newer is better) Good brakes, no leaks. We'll tape all the lights and lenses at the track.

This class is designed to meet the gap for people who know how to ride but may want to increase there skills while only being expected to go Highway speed.

What will you get - 5 structured classroom and on track sessions with a "field trip" to spectate some of our Advanced riders and talk about how what they do applies to the street.

This class will run rain or shine, and most likely be even more beneficial in the rain.

DATE - SATURDAY AUGUST 30TH. @ Blackhawk Farms Raceway. S.Beloit IL. Sign up will be open on MOTOVID.com shortly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode