Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Chicago Cycle Center

3K views 84 replies 43 participants last post by  MVRC51 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a contact they can recommend? I'm thinking about a new purchase today and would like to know who to deal with.
Thanks,
Ryan

#41 ·
And Gregg from MCC rattles off KTM part numbers off the top of his .
Is he the cat who did my ECU? - If so, great guy and solid work too!

#37 ·
even if you had the coupons for CCC from the motorcycle show, i beg you to read the small print..."all prices and sales subject to change without notice"

They had a 50% ALL parts and acces. when the purchase was over 200. So my Buddie called to make sure...cause i know what they usually do....and well it was more of the same. "oh that was just a typo...its actually $50 off OEM parts on orders over 200". That was my last straw with them myself...you can't have that many "typos" in your IMS flyer and think its just funny. F them and anything they do. I have heard their parts/service dept is ok...I have had no personal exp with them, and i'm not going to at this point.
If anyone else got their coupon page at IMS take a look at it. the coupon i am speaking of is on the top right of one of the sides...how can 1 coupon have like 3 typos...its just ridicules.

go to a reputable dealer. every corner i turn i hear of another shady deal or attempt at ccc.

#60 ·
I didn't make a purchase over the weekend. Long story short: looked at a white, red, and blue '93 900RR (one of my favorite bikes of all time) Saturday. Was still considering the 848 through the day on Saturday. I'm now trying to figure out what I want. I was originally looking for something cheaper than a new bike, but considering an 848 opens up a lot of other options. I'm going to think about what I really want, and then try to find it.

All - thanks for the responses. It's good to hear a lot of horror stories, but a few good ones too. I'll be sure to post up when/if I get something.

#39 ·
Chicago Cycle has good regular guys working there. I cant say anything for the seasonal guys because obviously they are just there for the season. If you go this time of year you will deal with the regular people, they obviously know more so hopefully they can answer all your questions and that way you can be more informed on your purchase. This is key, know what you want and how much you are willing to spend. Be realistic, don't expect to get a great deal on the new R1 ( just an example) when dealers wont have them till a couple of weeks, and when they get the HOT bikes in they have no need to cut the price because they are going to be in such high demand. Don't agree to nothing you don't want, if you don't plan to get low jack or a service contract don't get it. Good luck with your purchase

#51 ·
Not trying to blast you bro but BS BS BS BS! Don't believe that, you absolutely can get a great deal on brand, spanking new bike. The profit is always in the gear and service, bike sales are to bring us in so those prices can be negotiated all the time, trust me from experience on this one and ESPECIALLY in this economy, you can deal your ass off at the right place but definitely not at CCC.

#42 · (Edited)
Naw, Dave the service manager did your tuning. He likes your bike, and said your jeans fit you very well.

Dave does all the tuning there, he tried a homemade tune on the Speed Four ( no PCIII avaliable for the '02) and it fucking rocked. He also tuned the 675 with a factory tune made for my Triumph off road pipe. Works dandy on that bike too.

#45 · (Edited)
I bought my S4Rs at CCC. Was fine. Bought it on a Fri and re-fi on Mon. I think that's where they get ya. On the finacing. My OTD with extended third party warranty (not affiliated w/CCC) was at about sticker. I negotiated and like I said went with their financing (where they make their $$) on Fri then refinanced throught State Farm the following Mon. I think I won. Their service department is OK.
If you want the real deal though, good shop, good people and TERRIFIC service Corse north of Milwaukee is the place. They are no 2 bit po dunk ice cream shop looking place nor are they a "WallyWorld" either. Their service sept is top notch and pick & delivery are par for the course. I scheduled the last two at MY conveniece, picked from my work in Darien and delivered to my work in Darien!

Duane

#55 ·
If you want the real deal though, good shop, good people and TERRIFIC service Corse north of Milwaukee is the place. They are no 2 bit po dunk ice cream shop looking place nor are they a "WallyWorld" either. Their service sept is top notch and pick & delivery are par for the course. I scheduled the last two at MY conveniece, picked from my work in Darien and delivered to my work in Darien!
All you need to know right muthafuggin thar! - I have Sam (Mgr) Kevin, (Sales) and Tim's (Svc Mgr) Cell #'s and they always answer and are willing to help in ANY WAY! - Bought my last (3) Sportbikes from them and would never buy a Sportbike from anywhere else

#50 ·
STAY THE F*CK AWAY FROM CHICAGO CYCLE CENTER PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a great place to check out bikes and try on gear BUT DON'T SPEND A DAMN DIME IN THAT JOKE OF A STEALERSHIP! Seroiusly, don't do it! Buy your gear online and shop around in the burbs for a bike. With prices today you shouldn't have any problem getting a new bike or one helluva deal on a used bike.

I can't stress this enough DON'T BUY FROM CCC!!!!

#52 ·
are you all hating on the new ccc or the old one?
I thought all that dirty shit that went on ended when the thief moved to a new dealership with his buddygrannymoney?

I see a trend.. one guy goes from dealer to dealer.. falsely advertises bogus ass low prices (that often are lower than wholesale).. sells dealership.. moves on.. said dealership flounders.. repeat process...

everyone knows who i am talking about.. the toolbox with the stupid hat and the self proclaimed title

I thought ccc was big business owned by an outfit out of fla now?... No?
Andrews I believe.. publicly traded even..

Final point.. Last time I went there it was kind of a let down.. Went in with a friend who wanted to get a bike.. brought me along.. and the guy talked up and down on me.. for around an hour.. completely blowing my buddy off trying to impress me.. after I told him I wasn't buying any more bikes right then.. blah.. longer story but it's late..

My 2 cents? MCC
Great guys.. Great service..

#58 ·
Just an FYI to everyone...

Its not called Chicago Cycle Center anymore...

Its Chicago Cycles and regardless of the name it is not located in the "city" unless you think Lincolnwood is the "city".

Bottom line if you don't like the price don't buy this goes for any dealership trying to make money!

#61 ·
These guys offered 2008 Hayabusa's at the motorcycle show for 7,999.00. So i went in the monday after the show to buy one. Well the salesman first said that price was marked wrong, even though I talked too two seperate sales guys and a manager at the show. Then They agreed to sell the bike for that price but tried to jack up the prep/ set up fees to over 2,500.00. This place is a joke. I will take my money somewhere else

#63 ·
A 900rr to a 848? The two bikes are radicially different. I fully understand wanting to save a few dollars, have you looked at a used 675? Nimble, good acceleration, decent handling, and not too bad to insure. I bought one late last year and really like it.

#66 ·
Talk to Heavy.
The chicago cycle part had some great bikes for awesome prices.
R1 in Crimson Red :drool
My gf liked the red ninja and my cousin almost ended up picking up the green ZX-6R and blue ZX-10R. But i told him he will need his benz on rainy days. Probably stopping bye CC this weekend to check out some of the bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.