Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Legit Online Job?

776 views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  redstang64 
#1 · (Edited)
i saw this on another forum, thought i would post it here, as far as i looked it seems really legit, anyways ill let u guys decide to do it if you want to or not

There was a thread dedicated to this on Sherdog, but I thought I'd share it here. I did a search and didn't find anything.

I'm not sure who here has heard of ChaCha.com, but basically you just answer questions asked by random people. It can be something like, "what should I have for dinner," to "what was the score of Superbowl 35?" Your job is to basically search the web and answer these questions for people. Basically you are a human powered search engine.

The users submit there questions by texting to ChaCha (242242) and then that question is relayed to you on your computer. From there you use whatever you want to find the answer (they prefer you use the chacha search engine), copy paste, and then hit submit. You make 20 cents per answer. Basically that translates to between 7-12 dollars an hour, depending on how you want to do it.

There are no set hours to work, you just do it whenever you want. You can get paid by direct deposit, or you can request to go through a bank that they support and have it deposited on a debit card.

It's not so simple that you just sign up and start though. There are a series of four tests. General ChaCha knowledge, typing skills, and general knowledge. The last test, which I completed last night, is called the Simulator. Basically they sim test questions to you, you treat it like a real one and send an answer. After 15 questions you are done. I'm stlil waiting for my info on whether I've passed.

I've checked this out it is not a scam. You can find info on them all over the web.

To become a guide http://info.chacha.com/Careers/BecomeaGuide/tabid/74/Default.aspx

Wiki info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C....._engine)

If you guys want to use me as reference just PM me and I'll give you my email, although you don't have to if you don't want to. If you guys have any questions I'm gonna stick around here for a bit.

Edit: I sent a message to Ross to let him know I was posting this. If this is considered spam, just go ahead and delete admins.

Edit2: For all of you who have signed up and are not receiving queries, you need to set up your keywords. Keywords are what direct queries to you.

To set up keywords, go under my account and go to the keywords tab.

They are in the process of upgrading to categories to better sort the searches so you can set them up now, but at this time they won't affect the searches. Eventually everyone has to switch over however.

#7 ·
i guess there is a little confusion

the ChaCha texting is free, its just like google text where you text them and they send you the weather report. Except now, ChaCha wants to take it a step further, you can ask them any question you would like and the person on the receiving end will try to answer it for you, i tried ChaCha, some of the guides were really retarded, but others could answer the question quite easily

#8 ·
bump if anyone is interested, thought i would give people a chance to do it if they need some cash and spend a lot of time online, i'm not going to do it though since i have too much school work

oh ya and i tried the chacha texting thing, its actually pretty cool, i told them to tell me a crude joke and a response was

"A priest and a rabbi were on a wagon with some kids, the wagon was about to crash, the priest asks "what should we do?!?", the rabbi says "JUMP!", the priest asks "what about the kids?", the rabbi said "f**** the kids!", the priest says back "do we have time? :)"

#9 ·
i signed up as a chacha guide a few weeks ago
. my account says $12 so far, i only did it for two days so far. its not that bad. u login, and leave that tab open, and then do whatever.

when someone sends a query, it gives u a pop up msg, no matter what tab ur on..u accept it, search for their info and then score.

im jsut giving it a shot to see if they actually pay out.

#15 ·
yeah, found it before I did. This is what I was talking about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.