Chicagoland Sportbikes - View Single Post - Helmet law update?
Chicagoland Sportbikes

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 10:53 AM
A.B.A.T.E.
Registered lunatic

Sportbike: 1984 FXE, 1966 Triumph, 2000 FLHTC
Years Riding: Bought new 1984, Riding 44yrs
How you found us: ABATE of Illinois, Chicago

No problem, we are having a meeting and the info is below.

The Chicago Chapter will hold an EMERCENCY LEGISLATIVE MEETING Tuesday March 10, 2009 at Sidekicks 4424 W. Montrose Ave. in Chicago after the Chicago HOG meeting. Start time is going to be about 8:00pm and you don't have to miss dinner as they have great food and drinks. At this meeting we will discuss the bill listed below. Dan Harper will have all the info for us with phone numbers of our State Reps & Senators, BRING YOUR CELL PHONES AND CALL RIGHT THEN. I will have a few phones to be used for making calls that night also. This is VERY IMPORTANT, your freedom is at stake here. Also if anyone is in Sen. Heather Steans district I urge you to call her and tell her that she misrepresented her district by making the statement "All the riders in my district want a helmet law"

Patrick J. Jones
President
CHICAGO A.B.A.T.E.

Also a big thank you to Chicago HOG for allowing us to bring this to their membership.

SB1351
Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Illinois Vehicle Code to require every operator and passenger on a motorcycle, motor driven cycle, or motorized pedalcycle to wear a helmet that meter federal safety standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparBoyy View Post
thanks for the update PJ.. keep us posted!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome