Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Putnam May 2nd

734 views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  beac83 
#1 · (Edited)
A buddy and me are doing putnam may 2nd. However neither of us have a trailer, does anybody have a spot for two bikes? Obviously we're willing to compensate you for your trouble and the bikes will be coming out of the Woodridge area.

Plan B: has anybody rented uhaul trailers and gotten two bikes in? I know uhaul rents a "motorcycle trailer" but it only has a spot for one bike. they also have 5x8, 5x9, and 6x12 open trailers, these don't have motorcycle chokes but can they still be used? How do you secure the bike in an open trailer like that without wheel chokes?

Plan C: I rented from buttrey rental last year and got a really nice enclosed trailer, but it is pretty expensive.

And i know somebody will suggest buying a cheap trailer from menards or harbor frieght and i wish i could but i don't have anywhere to store it :mecry:

#2 ·
I have a trailer that should be available. Easily carries 2 bikes.

I just need to remember to get plates for it.

PM me if you want details.

#7 ·
Ive got pics but they are all on the camera so far.

Its gonna be a well appointed flat bed, tongue will fold for storage as well as tilt for loading, there will be an underslung ramp rack to hold it out of the way, and it will be configurable to carry either 1 or 2 bikes

#18 ·
yeah they have d-rings in the 2 front corners on the inside and outside. we used a couple canyon dancers and a little creativity; it worked out pretty well. the front wheels were pulled up against the front and didn't seem to move much at all.

#20 ·
I'll be there as well. In for both Sat and Sun to feed my addiction. Hopefully I'll have the plastics at least primered by then. Otherwise, it's going to be a strange looking gixxer.

Trying to decide between camping at Cloverdale RV park and a hotel room in Cloverdale. I guess I'll wait a bit and check the long-term forecast about 10 days out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.