Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad transaction with g2g

2K views 67 replies 29 participants last post by  HDTony 
#1 ·
sold ME A 1973 YAMAHA RD250. SUPPPOSEDLY RAN FINE JUST NEEDS TUNE UP. well it never started and i pulled the cylinder. bad piston and rings and jug.

dont do business with him i tried calling and text message and pm's no reply.

stay away..

#2 ·
:popcorn:

#5 ·
I almost bought that bike and if i recall he wanted 500 bucks for it and was selling for somebody else?

It def sucks but your kinda in a grey area on this one. The bike was in decent shape for a cheap price. 70's 2 smoke.... kinda gotta expect it would need some work.

I know if it was in my garage id be pissed tho....lol Good luck

#10 ·
:popcorn:

I decided not to post my reply and will watch this one instead

#11 · (Edited)
Well I don't need anyone standing up or posting for me so no need to respond guys.

TVRSIR before I even start with my respose I have one question. Did you finish paying what you owed on the bike yet???? I didn't think so.

The bike was my brothers it was his first bike. He knows nothing about bikes. The last time he rode it was when he RODE it over to my place to store around sept. Once he gave it to me I washed it rode it around the block to air dry it and then I waxed it and finallly covered it. It ran rough when I rode it like the jetting was off or needed the carbs cleaned. I posted that in my thread and when I personally delivered it to you I also told you to your face that the bike is going to have to be gone through as it ran rough and it would most likely need a tune up/ carb cleaned and or the jetting messed with. When I dropped off the bike and title off I told you I did not have the key. SO we agreed you would pay me a certian amount and when I dropped the key off you would give me the rest. Well I dropped the key of and you conviently where not home.

I told you I wanted the money but you gave me the run around. My brother asked me where the rest of the money was and I told him that you fucked me over which in turned fucked him over. He was pissed but he knew there was nothing he could do as there was no bill of sale so we chaulked it up as lesson learned. I was the middle man and ended up looking like the bad guy cuz I was to lazy to write up a bill of sale. I have a PM from you that is still unopened in my PM box. I even have an email form the notification that is still unopened form you. I was fed up trying to track down my brothers money. I am not making excuses but you got that bike at half price and also it was delivered to you and you still have not paid my brother in full.

Now if this deal would have gone as planned where you payed us what was agreed upon then I would help you out because thats how I am. I go out of my way to help almost anyone out on this board. Shit even people I have NEVER met I gave my personal vehicle to so they can travel to New York to pick up a bike they just bought. That person was Ashwin on the board about 3 years ago. So don't come here telling me I fucked you. If you would have payed me what we agreed upon I would have had my brother work some kinda deal with you like cover half of the parts and labor.

The bike is over 35 years old. Its not perfect. You knew that when you bought it. You tell me what you want me to do. When you do that I am going to think about helping you out.

But thats all I am going to do is think about it.

What I am going to tell you is to go fuck off for trying to fuck me on not paying me what we agreed upon for the price of the bike.

****Edited for spelling errors. LOL***********

#12 ·
And the wheels turn. In before the bin

#17 ·
Well I don't need anyone standing up or posting for me so no need to respond guys.

TVRSIR before I even start with my respose I have one question. Did you finish paying what you owed on the bike yet???? I didn't think so.
no, and i will tell you why....

(suspicious when you edit out incriminating stuff on 3/3/09. why edit a thread that is two months old?

In your for sale thread you said the bike just needs a tune up, and that is it. well it doesn't, it needs a left side motor overhaul. when you dropped it off you said it is clean, yes it was. you said it needs a tune up, yes it did. i did everything from gas to oil to plugs to vaccum lines, to cleaning out oil pump, i did everything to get this thing right. but it would never start.

The bike was my brothers it was his first bike. He knows nothing about bikes. The last time he rode it was when he RODE it over to my place to store around sept. Once he gave it to me I washed it rode it around the block to air dry it and then I waxed it and finallly covered it. It ran rough when I rode it like the jetting was off or needed the carbs cleaned. I posted that in my thread and when I personally delivered it to you I also told you to your face that the bike is going to have to be gone through as it ran rough and it would most likely need a tune up/ carb cleaned and or the jetting messed with. When I dropped off the bike and title off I told you I did not have the key. SO we agreed you would pay me a certian amount and when I dropped the key off you would give me the rest. Well I dropped the key of and you conviently where not home.
we agreed upon the price of the bike $850. you told me on the phone that you dont have the key and that your brother has it. i said fine no problem. just drop it off and i'll wait for the key. you assured me on the phone that the bike should start and it only needs a tune up. so i feel good about it since you are a well known guy on this forum. You showed up on 2.17.09 at 8PM. i told you that i would give you $800 first and when i get the key and get it started i would give you the rest. this was sunday. YOU PROMISED you would drop it off wednesday. well wednesday went by no key. i texted you where is the key. well three weeks went by you text me you have the key and you would drop it off after work. i told you i'll meet you at 7pm. you never showed up. You said you got held up at work. tomorrow you would drop it off. i said fine. next day waited no call. i text you just drop it off in my mailbox and when i get it and get the bike started i will pay you the 50 bucks i still owe you. well i never got it started.

suspicion #2 if you were storing the bike for your brother why would you not have the key? if it was in your heated garage. you even said you cleaned, waxed it, and rode it around the block. and then stored it. so what happen? your brother decided to come by after you stored the bike and just took the key for the hell of it? cmon

I told you I wanted the money but you gave me the run around. My brother asked me where the rest of the money was and I told him that you fucked me over which in turned fucked him over. He was pissed but he knew there was nothing he could do as there was no bill of sale so we chaulked it up as lesson learned. I was the middle man and ended up looking like the bad guy cuz I was to lazy to write up a bill of sale. I have a PM from you that is still unopened in my PM box. I even have an email form the notification that is still unopened form you. I was fed up trying to track down my brothers money. I am not making excuses but you got that bike at half price and also it was delivered to you and you still have not paid my brother in full.
I in no way gave you the run around, i told you when i get it started you will definitely get the money. it never ran, why should i give you the money? we agreed if it ran i will give you the money.

Now if this deal would have gone as planned where you payed us what was agreed upon then I would help you out because thats how I am. I go out of my way to help almost anyone out on this board. Shit even people I have NEVER met I gave my personal vehicle to so they can travel to New York to pick up a bike they just bought. That person was Ashwin on the board about 3 years ago. So don't come here telling me I fucked you. If you would have payed me what we agreed upon I would have had my brother work some kinda deal with you like cover half of the parts and labor.
i applaud your gestures to help people out, you seem to be a good person. this was just something that went bad. i feel that maybe it's not your fault but it could have been your brother not telling you the whoel side of the story on the bike. but i dealt with you. i hold you responsible.

The bike is over 35 years old. Its not perfect. You knew that when you bought it. You tell me what you want me to do. When you do that I am going to think about helping you out.
i understand the bike is old, but you said it starts, and you seem to have taken cared of it and stored it right.

But thats all I am going to do is think about it.

What I am going to tell you is to go fuck off for trying to fuck me on not paying me what we agreed upon for the price of the bike.
i dont know how old you are but i'm 29 years old. my days of childish profanities towards a situation never seem to help. i'm grown out of it. i never in my thread did i say f you or anything of such. i am just warning people to be careful when dealing with you.

you tell me what you want me to do. because right now i'm looking at around 200 bucks to get this thing running. or you can come get this bike and refund the money and get back a bike that has been fined tuned top to bottom, all it needs is a piston, jug, rings, bore and hone. your call.

thank you everyone for reading. i apologize to the owner of this forum if i cause a scene. i dont want people to find this forum to be bunch of crooks or anything. the bike community is small, we should all just get along.

****Edited for spelling errors. LOL***********

#18 ·
Wow, if thats the case I will never accept anything from G2G just because I n00b posted up he's a bad seller, nevermind the fact he is always there to help anybody out and an awesome host! Steve, next time you sell a 30 year old bike you better get that shit certified or else im goin head hunting

#21 ·
I've never met G2G, but somehow I've seen his ass way too many times :laughing

#23 ·
Well your ass (yes I will use profanity cuz I am 36 years old and my mom says I am old enough to use swear words)is not getting any money. You can use the money you own me for the parts that you need.

I did not have the key because I lost it. I tore my place apart and could not find it. If you know me I tend to loose things. Ipods, cell phones, keys to my x gf bikes and the last f up was loosing $2000 cash for a new bike I just purchased. My brother had the only other key.

Like i said before if the deal would have went smoother with out you trying to fuck me then I would make it right.

The deal didn't go smooth so you can use the money you owe me to pay for the parts.

You paid $800 for a 35 year old bike. It is not perfect. It did run when it was last stored.

#28 ·
If you know me I tend to loose things. Ipods, cell phones, keys to my x gf bikes and the last f up was loosing $2000 cash for a new bike I just purchased. .
It's funny cause it's true, Steve looses EVERYTHING, dont forget crf 50's too :lmao:

#25 · (Edited)
#30 ·
Show up to bike night TVR, we'll get things sorted.

I'll bring the Cargo Van, Steve, you bring the garbage bags, Bobby will bring the Lye and Mark will bring the Shovels. We'll get things sorted out, maybe even take a road trip down to the Cal-Sag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.