Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Getting made fun of for not being a Squid?

4K views 164 replies 52 participants last post by  Rob, Esq. 
#1 ·
We are so used to making fun of squids, that we forget that squids make fun of us. I usually wouldn't care, but the situation today made me unconfortable.

I was at the Suzuki Dealership on North Avenue today. I forgot the name, but I guess it doesn't matter.

I walk in in my leathers, (coat, pants and Alpinstars Sm+ boots) and wanted to see the white busa they had in their window. As I'm looking at it, three salesmen, who were sitting on the other side of the showroom, start snickering about something to the effect of "looks like GP Moto just showed up." Then they giggled like little girls and traded stares at me.

Usually I don't care, but I though it was a little immature coming from a bunch of salespeople at a place of business...............that sells bikes!!

No one even said hi to me and I walked out. As I rode home, I saw all the dildos we usually laugh about with no helmets on.

#12 ·
hey, fucc em and anyone that looks like 'em, i always say..
yea, employees snickering like lil' girls is unacceptable.. what happened to professionalism and competent workers? too bad ignorance isn't painful
i saw a douche just yesterday on a shiny gixxer wearin' short sleeves, khaki shorts and of course, no lid.. not even one hangin from the poser-post..
saw him later parked at a playground... :1pimp

#18 ·
Very immature.

Also not smart from a business standpoint. They just blew a potential sale.

Looking at you it's obvious you spend money on your hobby (motorcycling). Leathers and good gear isn't cheap, but you ponied up the cash for it. They should have looked at you as a potential for making money and come over an talked to you like real salesmen.

Their loss.

#21 ·
Seen sales-scum do worse. The old Young America in Madison had a couple salesmen who were betting on how far a new rider on a new gsxr750 will make it. Kid dumpped it in the parking lot and they all cheered. Needless to say they are no longer in business due to their piss poor attitudes. Jus a tidbit of info on the place, the guy that owned it is AMA's Blake Young's father.

#24 ·
If that happened to me while I was shopping for a new bike I would have went to the next closest dealer paid sticker and then return there on the new bike and say "Looks like Moto GP just gave someone else a commission."

#30 ·
I did this.

I originally went to Fox Valley Honda/Cycles to buy my F4. They apparently just had the parking lot repaved and nothing was painted. I was trying to park close to the building and someone ran out of the store screaming and yelling at me why the F* I was parking there and I must have been some kind of idiot to drive on their new pavement (that was not marked, mind you).... and this was my FIRST time there... So I went directly from there down to DGY and bought my F4 and rode it back with the paperwork and said Thanks for showing me who not to buy from. Never been back since.

#31 ·
:rant:
So today I am taking 4 of my bikes out to storage in Indiana...
Shitty enough... Add in a beautiful 75 degree sunny day and... fack.

in any case, as I am driving E on 94 in Indiana a group of 4 or 5 squids went by the other way... Showing off and quite badly... As I look over to my left (i heard "whee whheeeeeeee wheeeeeeeeee clunk" the tricky down 2 gears - run it up to 10k and drop the clutch... it's a fat fuck (I am a fat fuck.. so I can say this)... trying to wheelie his bike, it's up it's down it's half up, it almost flips.. .. blah.. no gear on any of them... and here is the kicker.. ... or.. how about the pro tip... When performing a wheelie.. Nobody wants to see your crack.. Seriously.. I was 3 lanes away going the other way and I saw your white ass .. err asscrack flapping like a torn sail on a boat.. I found myself a confused mix of nausea and disgusted by your stupidity.. seriously.. I have as well as many others on here have done wheelies on the highway.. it's dumb.. but it happens.. but really..
moron.. and i hope you are on here and see this..

first.
learn to ride your fucking bike
second.
buy some fucking gear.. or at least.. let's hope you haven't already ruled yourself out of the darwin award by already planting some seed
third.
a busy expressway is not the place to "learn" how to stick a wheelie...

I seriously thought you were going to flip.
read a book, find an empty section of road, maybe take a class.. Code still teaching wheelies school (dumb.. i know) .. or are the starboys still doing it... obviously you have friends.. do any of them ride better than the guys you were with today?

funny thing about riding for a decade or more.. even when someone is just riding on the expressway and not making an assclown out of themselves.. you can just tell if they get it or not.. if they are comfortable or not.. smooth...

:rant:

#32 ·
Being that this subject has been beat to death on two other threads I find myself compelled to point out that you have no problem with name calling of other people that don't ride with the same kind of gear as you BUT, you felt uncomfortable when someone was making fun of you and you had to post it up on here. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?? If you can't take it, don't dish it out. I made my beliefs very clear earlier on the other two threads. It doesn't matter to you, me or anybody else what someone else is wearing while they are riding their bike. It's their choice and nobody elses. I'm just so sick of reading all the bashing and name calling on here. If you can't support your fellow biker then you're not a biker yourself. So to all of you that think that every rider has to wear gear while riding like you, shut the hell up and grow up. Stop the name calling and live and let ride. Cheers.

#33 ·
...If you can't support your fellow biker then you're not a biker yourself. So to all of you that think that every rider has to wear gear while riding like you, shut the hell up and grow up. Stop the name calling and live and let ride. Cheers.
Bullshit.

I don't need to "support" stupid ass squids making stupid decisions to be a biker. STFU up with that crap. Sorry, but just because you're on two wheels doesn't make you magically immune and exempt from that.
Stupid riders doing stupid things deserve to get called stupid. Grow up and grow thicker skin if you can't take someone calling a spade a spade.
And this further nonsense about live and let ride... is any of this criticism stopping anyone from riding?

No.

So STFU with that nonsense too.

"Boo hoo, so and so is criticizing me! They're saying I'm making a bad decision!"

Grow the fuck up.

And that goes for anyone who whines when someone makes fun of their choice.

#37 ·
LOTS of flashy helmets affixed to the left side of many bikes in Humboldt Park tonight. They look nice there. Never got to see if the people who wiped out had helmets on their bikes, but they sure weren't on their heads, and they were lucky as fuck.

#51 ·
:lmao::lmao::lmao:Try walking up to some of my Harley riding buddies and tell them that they are "douchbags", "squids" or "idiots" for not wearing gear. You would be eating through a straw for a while.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Thank you for that. Seriously.

#59 ·
Why do they have to be "squids?" What does that mean? Why not undereducated? Name calling is not the answer to making your point. I don't condone the stupid ones, I would try to educate them as well and let them go from there. Why do you stereotype Harley riders?? My buddies definately do not fall into the catagory that you infused as "old, fat, drunk or out of shape". Very much the opposite. Well I've had enough of trying to make a point if nobody understands that there are two sides to every coin. You don't have to agree with me and I don't have to like you for calling people names for choices that they make . That's what makes freedom in this country so great. I'm done with this and wish every rider out there a safe journey whenever they throw a leg over their passion, twist the throttle and enjoy their freedom of being a biker. Later.

#81 · (Edited)
I completely agree with you. REP. I can say this. I rode to Daytona when I was stationed in Mayport, and there is a road, Scenic Highway, off I95 that leads into the north side of Daytona, through the Florida Intercoastal. It is one of the most beautiful roads in America IMHO. You better believe I took my helmet off and cruised it taking in the sights/sounds/scents. Guess what? I'm not a squid. Experience, environment, history, and knowledge ALL play a part in gear decision. For all the internet activist's who post here so not hypocritically, Go :mecry: somewhere else. Not everyone who decides to take their helmet off is a squid or a newb. And I'd venture to guess you are guilty yourselves. But that wouldn't serve your arrogant, "I'm right, you're wrong" purpose, would it?...

Edit, I spelled activist wrong....Wouldn't want any internet lawyer's pointing my lack of education out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.