Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Help 600rr wont start.

2K views 57 replies 21 participants last post by  whiteygabe 
#1 ·
Ok heres the deal I went out 2 days ago trying to start my 2003 honda 600rr and battery is dead. I get it charged than try starting it again it pops off but only for 10 secs and dies and then wont start. I have a professonal at a local dealer charge it and make sure the battery is good. So I try again and nothing. Whats the problem I put stable in it before I parked it? please help me out.thanks.gabe

#2 ·
Make sure the cables are screwed on tightly to the battery.

Is there gas in the tank?

How long has the bike been sitting with the same gas in the tank?

How much stabil did you use?

Did something nest in your exhaust can?

#3 ·
:2cents:
Is it a choking kind of dead or does it just cut off? Did you run the bike for a few after puting in the stabil? Not quite sure if not running the bike after putting in the stabil would matter but it might...

#4 ·
If I were you, I would just push start it. Ride it around the block for 15 minutes. Top it off with some fresh gas.

Bet you never have a problem again all year.

#6 ·
The gas is probally november ish I put the required amount in and I drove it since then. You think it will start up if I try push starting it? It dosent even try to fire off it just turns and turns I tried messing with the gas but nothing happens besides me smelling gas. I dont think anything nested in my muffler but ill check.thanks gabe

#7 ·
so you got it started but for only 10 seconds? push the bike forward or backward a foot then try again. sometimes the starter wheel doesnt like certain spots.

OR you got a bit of clogging going on.

once you get it started just rev it here and there and blow the shit out of it.

#18 ·
Try putting it in nuetral and holding the throttle wide open when you start the bike. My bike had similar symptoms a year ago when I let it sit in the garage for a month in below freezing temps. If it starts, make sure the bike doesn't cut off after the fast idle sequence by keeping the throttle slightly open; Then let the bike sit there and run for 10 minutes. If this works, it should start and run smoothly from now on unless you sit the bike in the garage for a long time again.

#19 ·
I can push start my 954 with a slight jog and in 2nd gear. I did about three times just this fall. It ain't no thing.

#21 ·
The battery has juice lights work and what not the starter tries to turn the engine over but it wont fire off. So I think im gonna try to push start it I have done this several times before over the winter to get her to start. If that dont work than im gonna check the plugs I hear there a bitch to take off on the rr somthing about removing the radiater or somthing.

#33 ·
Echo what Chief said. open throttle 3/4, hold it, push start button, 2nd time it should start up. Trust me, it'll start, unless your flux capacitor is outta whack.

#28 ·
When you cycle the key, do you hear the fuel pump.
Try to open the air box and remove the air cleaner, it may be dirty.
Do you have a power commander? You might try to bypass it.
Push start it in 2nd gear with the key on. I sometimes have someone push me while I drop the clutch. Then keep pushing for 5 or 10 ft. to keep the engine turning.
Check all your fuses as well. Be sure that the fuel line isn't kinked or pinched if you've had the tank or tank cover off.

Try a new battery. Sometimes a battery will have enough juice to turn the pump on and turn on the gauge cluster, but still not start.

Then try the plugs.

#37 ·
lol

#36 ·
#38 ·
#57 ·
It's almost never too cold, this is coming from a guy who rode his bike in 12 degree/negative five degree wind chills. When you try to start the bike, do you hear the fuel pump, and some churping from the starter like the bike is attempting to start, or is there just a dead clicking noise when you press the start button?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.