post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
A.B.A.T.E.
Registered lunatic

Sportbike: 1984 FXE, 1966 Triumph, 2000 FLHTC
Years Riding: Bought new 1984, Riding 44yrs
How you found us: ABATE of Illinois, Chicago

The passing of more than a legend

This was sent out to all our members.

It is with deep sadness and a heavy heart that I put this letter out to you all, our good friend and Major player in the fight for our freedoms has passed away. Michael J. “Boz” Kerr passed away on early Monday morning. Boz and I have been members of the Chicago Chapter it seems since birth, I know I have a lot of great memories and I’m sure you all do too. Michael was not sick and in fact was just appointed back on the Chicago Chapter Board of directors as the alternate state board rep at our meeting on the 15th. We talked about everything under the sun that night and when I asked if he was crazy coming back on he just gave that sneaky smile and quick laugh and said “ I might as well fill up all my free time, and here’s just as good as any place else” He said he would be going to the June BOD meeting and I planned on going along for the ride with him. I guess that’s not happening. Michael served the Chicago Chapter as President in 1997 & 1998 he also served on the board in many positions and received the highest award the Chicago chapter has, the Dave “Dogkiller” White award. Last year I was honored to nominate him for the Rich Neb award and was too sick to come from my room to see him receive it but I was told that whe was speechless for once. He came to the chapter meeting afterwards and was too choked up to even say anything but I knew what he was trying to say. After a few beers and addressing the chapter we sat at the bar and talked. He is survived by his wife, companion and good friend Eva Kerr see ya at the next meeting my friend is how we always ended it. We will be planning a memorial service sometime in the near future and will also be dedication the Dogkiller Run in his honor this Sunday, funeral arrangements are as follows….

VISITATION
APRIL 24, 2009
4:00PM – 9:00 OR LATER AS NEDDED

FUNERAL HOME
Pietryka Funeral Home
5734 W Diversey Ave
Chicago, IL 60639
(773) 889-0115

Patrick J. Jones
President
Chicago A.B.A.T.E.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome