Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

What to do?

534 views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  spetsnaz56 
#1 ·
Just found out that the travel company that we made our honeymoon reservations through went bankrupt. I already put in a $600 deposit which I won't be getting back because it's outside the 90-day window. Couple weeks ago we paid the full amount with a different credit card, but lucky for us we haven't paid the cred card, so they'll have to deal with it on their own. I need to figure out what to do about the $600. Anyone a travel agent on here? I was thinking about telling the travel agent to make reservations through a different company and credit us the $600. We only have a month left.

#11 ·
Let's sum it up:

As long as the travel agency BOOKED your reservations with the END DESTINATIONS (The Hotel directly, The airlines, etc) you should be good.

If they took your money and DID NOT finalize everything with your destination points, then it gets interesting.

#12 ·
What he said. Were the reservations made? Do you have record-locator numbers?

What kind of trip was this? A cruise, flights, hotels, rental cars, what else?

Come on man, you have to give some info if you want help.

I have access to many travel databases and might be able to help.

Like what was said above, the TA is just a middle-man. You're not booked with them, you're booked with the actual travel provider.

#14 ·
If the trip was never booked, perhaps we need to stop by the travel agency owner's house for "coffee" and let him know how disappointed we are.

#15 ·
Thanks for the input. Sorry for lack of info. We got it all sorted out. The travel provider took the money and didn't make any reservations. That's how we found out that they went bankrupt. We'll let the credit card company figure out how to get their money back. This is a two week trip to Tahiti so it's not pocket change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.