Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

M.j.-vs- l.j.

991 views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  ravenr1 
#1 ·
I've been thinking about this....... Who is better, honestly, Micheal Jordan or Lebron James. I want to get your opinions before i put up an argument. so.... without further aduex..... Let the Fists fly!!!!!

#2 ·
Jordan hands down - When the game is on the line, MJ delivered 9 out of 10 times

King James has youth on his side to turn these tables but present day, I gotta go Jordan

Hell, my $$ is on him being the best of all time when it comes to round ball

#3 ·
Valid Point. However...... M.J. had no defense. I think it was game 7 of conferance finals against the blazers that mj hit the game winner with 3 Seconds on the clock. Was celebrating the win and forgot to gaurd his man... who got the ball and went for a shot WIDE open. The game winning shot leaves his hands and is just REJECTED by \Horance Grant. if not for Grant they would have lost.

#4 ·
Lebron blocks shots. something mike didnt do often at all. mike was a stealer not blocker.... but lebron does then both. Think of this it took mj what 5 years in the leage before he got his first MVP? MJ did dribble better tghan lj can but lj is a better shot chooser.

#5 ·
This is an inarguable topic. As if now, MJ is considered the best there ever was. Let's see what LJ has going for him when his carreer is done and then the argument will be valid...right now it's MJ hands down! This is only my personal opinion. Everyone is entitled to theirs.
AND... I'M NOT EVEN A BASKETBALL FAN!

#6 ·
Jordan is definitely the greatest basketball player to have ever lived. When he played everyone in the world was watching. He has god-like status world round. Although King James does a good job, he doesn't draw people to the sport like MJ did.

My opinion is the league is not as competitive as it used to be either.

#10 ·
Lebron ever done this...
<p><a href="http://vimeo.com/2012784">Amazing Golf Shot by Michael Jordan</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user152024">shezboy73</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

I think not.

#17 ·
I can't even believe you posted this question on "Chicago"land Sport Bikes...what kind of response did you think you were going to get here? I understand you're in HI, but you must know the answer

MJ is GOD, especially in Chicago

#21 ·
I am well aware of that fact. I Grew up there. I only moved to HI 2 years ago. But like i said...... I like lebron. I cant stand kobe, but i like King James. The guy is amazing. To Truley look at this topic you must first elimiinate media status of MJ. you have to get to the core of the game. I think Lebron's current skills are just under MJ at his prime. Lebron is just going to get better. MJ drew people into the game true.... but not on his own. Others like Majic, Bird, Ewing, drexler.... ect. ect. helped. I honestly thingk when MJ retired Basketball went through a kind of depression.... its comming back and LJ has a little something to do with that.

#18 ·
Jordan was the most well rounded player ever. His greatness was not just in how HE played but in how he lead the team and the players to be the best they could be. There is more to him than just how he played that made him great. If Lebron can do the same thing over time, I could see him being a better player, all-around.

#19 ·
Way to early, Talent wise Lebron and I would even say Kobe hands down over MJ. MJ is probably one of the fiercest competitors I have seen in any sport, as cut throat as they come. No doubt MJ's team mates came to play cause if they didnt he would be all over there asses.

#29 ·
You can't compare the g.o.a.t. with someone that may or may not be better than him when all is said and done. It's a different league now set up for scorers, this is why I feel Lebron's offensive stats are somewhat skewed. Not to mention, it's hard to compare now especially since they don't play even the same position. You're comparing a textbook sg with a pg-foward-center rolled into one. The only way you can compare is when James is done and you can look at the awards.

MJ:
6× NBA Champion (1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998)
5× NBA MVP (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)
14× NBA All-Star (1985-1993, 1996-1998, 2002-2003)
6× NBA Finals MVP (1991-1993, 1996-1998)
1× NBA Defensive Player of the Year (1988)
10× All-NBA First Team Selection (1987-1993, 1996-1998)
1× All-NBA Second Team Selection (1985)
9× NBA All-Defensive First Team Selection (1988-1993, 1996-1998)
1985 NBA Rookie of the Year
1985 NBA All-Rookie Team
3× NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)
2× NBA Slam Dunk Contest winner (1987, 1988)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.