Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Poison Ivy is useless

666 views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Piercedqt78 
#1 · (Edited)
If I could think of one thing to rid this world of beyond the obvious ones(stupid people etc.) it would be POSION IVY. I work side landscaping, I know what it looks like, I avoid at all costs, when I do have to come in contact with it I wash THOROUGHLY. Sure enough, I wake up and it's all over my arms. I don't even itch it, I put chortozone cream on it and leave it be. Still, it spreads LOL. FML

#4 ·
If I had three wishes from a Magic Genie. Not being allergic to poison ivy would be one. I'm not HIGHLY allergic like some. But, I'll catch it easy enough. My best solution to curing it is as follows. Wash thoroughly, break open the pusses(liquid filled sacks), dose area with BLEACH. Yes, it stings but it'll dry out the skin like no other/kill the posion ivy. Then chortozone cream all over the area. Most effective technique to date.

#6 ·
yeah, it truly is the devil's plant!! I've had it all over my body (literally), eyes swollen almost shut once when I was a teen. I can't thoroughly enjoy the outdoors due to the fear of getting into contact with the stuff. Once I was riding at at Buffalo and ended in a patch of it...I was itching and worrying all day...washed the best I could and then when I got home washed my gear...for days I could feel it itching from just the fear alone (actually never got it that time but the paranoia alone made me miserable). :mecry:

#14 ·
There is a bar soap called octagon, it will clear it up right away. It's not available here, only in a few stores in the south. I happen to love the stuff. I use it as a face soap, it is the best stuff on the planet. I buy it by the case when I visit my sister every summer. If you would like a bar let me know, I will get one to you. (I have a few left) And if it helps you I will get you a case when I go in late june or early july. ~Mandy

#18 ·
I have some if you want it. I will gladly drop a bar in the mail to you, or you can pick some up. I would also be happy to get a bar to someone headed to bikenight. I get it at a little store in West Virgina, it's about $0.79 a bar. It keeps my skin clear, and helps keep oily skin in check. It's also available here:

http://www.soapsgonebuy.com/Octagon_Soap_p/cp1001.htm

#17 ·
Keep it away from your taint - SUX - Looooong story

#19 ·
My mom has used this soap on her face her entire life. She is almost 60 and people think she is in older sister rather than my mother. It's awesome stuff. My b-i-l says it's the best stuff for cleaning his hands, better than goop, or lava soap. I bet if you took a label into the local grocery store they would start stocking it for you, or at least order a case for you to buy. If you order it online it will take at least 4 or 5 days to get it. PM me an address and I will drop it in the mail monday, you will have it tuesday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.