Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Nothing or Nobody can keep Sqrly off two wheels!

537 views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  sqrly 
#1 ·
Hey, it is bike night ya know! Two wheels only

So glad to see up and about in high spirits!
Keep getting better!!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Way to go buddy. Glad things r going well for ya!

#4 ·
Hahaha, nice.

Doc just gave me permission to start trying to walk with the right leg. :)

I really need to regain strength, it keeps folding when I try to put full weight on it.

#18 ·
Sqrly you're nuts.. and I cannot believe your Mom is as cool as she is...

I would never tell my Mom details about stupid things I have done.. and if I did.. She would never be.. shit.. the right word is "supportive" that's nuts..

I love bikes more than damn near anything in the world.. and if I heard your stories out of my daughter I would be putting my foot down (and err.. compromising with paid track time.. who the fuck am I kiddin.. I don't run shit around here :laughing:)

How thick is the rod in your femur?
I assume it's load bearing.. No way that bone has nitted that fast.. has it?

WHen I talked to you last week you said you still had floaters..

I'd be worried about bone chips floating around... and cutting something or getting into something..

My rod is not load bearing.. and I think a lot of the reason I was screwed up was the large non-union.. so .. it wasn't a matter of two bones knitting together.. it was a matter of filling the space in between and waiting for the bone there to be hardened and strong enough to bear my .. err.. considerable mass :) (that said.. when i broke my leg.. I dropped 70lbs in under 2 months...I just didn't really eat.. )

So I guess yours is better and worse than mine in different criteria..

Just be careful and don't push it too hard too fast.. you don't want that shit to snap out from under you... man.. I walked around freaked out about that happening when I started walking again... I imagine we'd have a snap crack errrrk (the last one was my interpretation of metal bending) :lmao:

#12 ·
Unfortunately, I won't be out this week. Trying to save cash. The wallet is getting very thin.

But I am glad I went last week, and am thankfull for all the well wishing.

#19 ·
Yep, my mom is pretty cool. The best was when I "may" have passed a cop. I got home and called my mom (since I knew she was stopping by later), to tell her not to have the garage door open since I wouldn't be there. Naturally, she asked why. Being one to tell the truth, I told her that I "may" have run from the cops. The first words out of her mouth were... Did you get away?!?

The rod in my leg is about 5/8" dia.
I was shocked when the doc said to go full weight bearing. I also asked about the floating pieces and said "that will be like that for a while, and some parts will never grow back together.

Now I just need to get my knee mobility back as quickly as possible. I guess whatever range I can get in the next month or so will be what I have for the rest of my life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.