Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

just so you guys know about our track days....

625 views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Doc 
#1 ·
Right now, I figured 50 riders per event with that the course should be almost empty per group.

MAX i will allow is 60 per event, rounded off will be 20 per group in 1 session.

just FYI

i cant wait this is gonna be so much fun again.

i think this time too, we should do a group photo in the monring before hitting the track, weve never done that before, and i would have liked that for myself with you guys.

post up any other thoughts you guys got alwell.

MAYBE find out about haveing the Concession stand open?
and find out the cost, like meal tickets.

or keep it the way weve had it, bring your own food.

#2 ·
picture:
i asked last year after your morning breafing about a group picture since everyone was together.

food:
i think it should be a bring your own. you have mcdonalds and wendys real close for those who dont want to bring food.

#4 ·
1. Group Picture would be good.

2. Photographer for indivudal track shots would be good (like last year).

3. My Suggestion:

Have bunch of guys bring their DIGITAL camcorders (I'll bring mine). I'd be willing to shoot a bunch of video of guys in OTHER groups as long as someone else is shooting footage of my group. Then those of us with sufficient PCs can take the footage, sort through it, and burn some DVDs. I think the video could be SWEET :D

#5 ·
I'll be bringing my digital cam corder and camera. I'd be willing to shoot riders.

Also, Santa brought me an XT laptimer with a transmitter. I'll set up the transmitter on a tripod for those who have timers.

#6 ·
I'll bring my transponder and tripod as a backup if yours has problems Chills. Dont forget you'll need a 12 volt battery to power the thing. I may have one.

Group Pic in the morning is a great idea.

I'll also have my camcorder mounted on the bike for ontrack video.

#7 ·
Jim- Will you be offering to video tape people for a session for a fee? Just wondering...I'd be interested. Just don't forget to bring the remote :D :twofinger

Doc

#10 ·
ill be there with the camera, i'd be willing to do a few, oddy gets one, and ill hook you up, what id like to do is get jeff,pugs,kruz,kneeimsoslow,and doc all together infront of me and film that. the best video i shot last year was from jeff and arthur following so this year id like to chase instead of lead. what do you think? by the way i chose those names because you all run pretty much the same lap time (kruz will have to pick up the pace a bit but should manage ;) )

#13 ·
JimGoFast said:
ill be there with the camera, i'd be willing to do a few, oddy gets one, and ill hook you up, what id like to do is get jeff,pugs,kruz,kneeimsoslow,and doc all together infront of me and film that. the best video i shot last year was from jeff and arthur following so this year id like to chase instead of lead. what do you think? by the way i chose those names because you all run pretty much the same lap time (kruz will have to pick up the pace a bit but should manage ;) )

Hey, who's kneeimsoslow? :rofl :rofl

#16 ·
I will probably be there for at least one of these days to take photos. The difficult thing at BHF is finding places where you can get good shots between the trees and weeds. Some of the best spots are where you're really not allowed to be. Last year I negotiated with each corner worker to figure out where I could go but even one of the ambulance crew came over to tell me I couldn't stand in one spot.

#17 ·
Group foto: good!
concession stand: not so good. Food isn't that good and like Mike said, there are 2 fast food places nearby. Oh, and I'm sure at least 10 people will bring grills.

Are you planning on requiring number plates? Might as well get that in the open right away. Cornerworkers like them.

#23 ·
Jim! Sounds like a plan! I'm learning to use this new software at school that allows you to take splices of video and put it to music. You can do a lot w/ the program, but it just takes time to learn. I'd like to get a bunch of the video together and burn it onto dvds. It would be a nice momento of a season.

Looking forward to it! :cheers

Doc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.