Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Who wants to shoot me?

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  ill_ag 
#1 ·
I haven't posted on here in a while, but figured this might be a good place to find what I need. The little lady and I have decided to tie the knot and need a photographer. We've talked to a few recommendations but they all want more than we'd like to spend and offer more than we need. We're just looking for someone to take the shots, we'll handle the prints, the book, everything else.

It's going to be held in Crystal Lake on May 8th.
Anyone interested? Any recommendations or referrals?

pm me or email me at joe at joecompton.com

#4 · (Edited)
Wow, I feel stupid. I clicked this with the thought in the back of my head "do I need the .223 or the 12Ga?"

Spoke with my best friend who just started his photography business and has been doing free lance photography for a couple years now. He says your idea may be a little unrealistic because you are asking for the rights to the photos which is where the photographer makes his money which is why most will not do it or want to charge you so much.

#5 ·
Therein lies our problem. I feel that if I'm laying out the cash, I should be able to call the shots. Everyone wants to do it their way not our way. Everyone we've talked to wants to make it perfect for us, as long as it's their version of perfect. I can't understand why the rights to the photos WE hire them to take of US is an issue. I basically want a competent photographer to fill up an SD card, give it to us at the end of the night and walk away. I understand that everyone wants to get paid, but I'm not going to pay for something we don't want just because that's how it goes.

#7 ·
Theres always the craigslist people who just bought an entry DLSR and think they are automatically wedding pros. You can get them for $250 most the time and are willing to GIVE AWAY everything including rights.:laughing

#12 ·
We are using Essence Photo & Video. They have multiple offices in the chicagoland area. We went to the office in Schaumburg. They are a bit pricey, but you get the photographer for 12 hours (or until midnight), an awesome album, after 6 months you get a cd with every single photo, and a waiver that gives you rights to print out whatever photos you want at any location. They were telling us when we signed our contract that our specific photographer is known for taking a lot of pictures and was high-fived for ONLY taking 1,200 pictures.

#15 ·
We had a guy for our wedding and he did a very nice job. Had a great attitude and the pictures turned out great. We got all the photos on two DVDs. I think the cost was about $700. That included shots starting with my wife getting ready to the end of the reception. Let me know if you want his info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.