Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

I'm Bragging

1K views 52 replies 43 participants last post by  Vicky 
#1 ·
My daughter a Sr in highschool will graduate valedictorian.

This evening she received the finanical aid paper work from her school of choice
http://lawrence.edu/

Has offerd her $38,250per yr of the $43,000 cost.I'll pay room and board.which is the differance

Ya hooooo.

This was her first choice.She must maintain a 3.5 GPA

Lawrence is a school full of brainiacs she'll be right at home.

I love her she makes me prowd.

Reactions: Vicky
#4 ·
Mathamatics and language arts

#6 ·
Very impressive!!!!!! She's got a lot of hard work ahead of her, but sounds like she is up for the challenge!!!! :thumbsup:cheers

#13 ·
With her A.P. test scores she will start as a soph. for the most part.

She has a weighted GPA of 4.7 now.

Not one B ever!!!

#10 ·
That's awesome. Congrats!

#11 ·
The wife and I were a little worried about cost.
What do you tell your girl that aways gets it done, she cant go to this school because of money????

You tell her to keep trying and not give up on the scholarship hopes.I've spent 17 yrs telling her hard work has its rewards.(I was worried about this one)

May God bless all of you.

#15 ·
Do they offer any on campus work? A friend's daughter works in the cafeteria at her school. She eats free, and the money that she earns helps to offset her out of pocket costs. Last year she used to to pay for her books. She only works a few days a week, but the free food also helps to offset her expenses.

#19 ·
which calc?
go to google and look for visual calculus. also pauls notes for calculus
and check out calculus videos on youtube.

Congratulations on your daughter.

If you don't mind. I wonder how did you parent your child to achieve this goal.

and whats your day like with homework etc...? I didn't grow up with someone that really pushed me in doing well. So i lacked that motivation.

does she come home, do homework, eat dinner do more homework. no puter or tv?

My friend who has kids... has his kids doing very well, and I like the way he parents his kids.

#23 ·
When they were young I told them I didn't care what their grades were.Honest I told them I was their future not mine.

I was the home work bad guy for years.Went to every teacher confrence.More than once defending my daughters and forcing the teachers to meet my expectations.

I once told a teacher there was nothing she could teach me about my children that was more important than learning weather or not she could teach them.

#24 ·
Congrats to your daughter, that is some accomplishment!

You two should be very proud!

#26 ·
Once had a nun tell me in Catholic school...any guy can make a baby, it takes a MAN to be a Father.

You Sir, are a what she was hoping her young pupils would become.

#33 · (Edited)
i like this. thanks so much for sharing this fabulous accomplishment! please congratulate your daughter and of course congratulations to her very proud parents who have every right to brag! awesome. God bless all of you and her future studies at Lawrence.

#30 ·
WOW! Congrats to both you and your daughter Gus!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.