Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Iron Man 2

645 views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Drama 
#1 ·
anyone seen it yet? i saw a crappy copy of it last night, it was excellent, i would totally go see it when it comes to theaters. :1pimp

#4 ·
We have a Vendor event on Friday for it - Being on Crutches and all - I plan on doping big time and sitting down for the viewing - Might even take the Dug Out

#15 · (Edited)
"Cam Artists" sneak a camera into a preview, then upload it as soon as they get home.

Though typically for the larger sneak previews, they have people that sit in the front of the theater with one of those Sony night vision video cameras scanning the theater looking for teltale signs of people in the audience with cameras. (make sure you cover up your cameras IR! and blinky red light!)

The other option (not in this case) is getting a DVD Screener of the video for awards voting purposes. They will typically say Property of MGM for Academy Awards Viewing purposes only or some such. Lately the people who copy these have been cropping the movies very narrow in order to cut off the warning blurbs that come up during the movie.

Lastly, is telesync. That's when someone who works for the theater hooks up a recording device to the projector and records off the little monitor attached to the projector.

Also, different films can be traced as to where the pirate came from. If you watch carefully during your next movie, you'll at some point catch a flash of brown dots in a light colored section of the movie, but only for a half sec. Those dots are like a barcode telling the movie companies where the print that was copied came from.

Or so I've heard...I really know nothing about any of this.

#17 ·
the one i saw was from a theater in russia i assume. when they put "NEW YORK" on the bottom, or whatever the location was, it was in russian, plus there was no sub-titles for the parts of the movie that were in russian. luckly it was very brief.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.